Author Topic: Soft cap at level 33  (Read 1145 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Soft cap at level 33
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 05:32:32 pm »
+1
imagine caring about pixel villages on the internet
shows up to every strat battle
lol dude im so disaffected by everything, im gonna attack people with nothing because its just the internet bro
complains about others "wasting people's time" in strategus battles he chooses to show up to

Unfortunately I'm not cleared to go back to the gym after getting my appendix removed, so I've been on a lot lately.  I just play Strategus to fight and get exp, since NA1  is never populated.  I could care less who gets what internet village.  Turns out you need exp to get the levels to keep up with you level 35 fucks.  You'll probably notice I always play on defense because I don't know who the factions are, except the one time Occitan paid me to switch.. At this point, if you want anything to happen in Strategus you will have to cooperate to create fun battles which no one here is mature enough to do.  Instead, you will continue to abuse horrible mechanics in Strategus like night time settings and uneven mercing to make it unenjoyable.

Anyway, Strategus aside, the point i'm getting at is you have a dying mod that has some legitimately good changes in it versus Native.  However, there are a lot of really bad decisions by the mod team, and I'm just trying to point them out.  Since trying to undo the POD patch, you've actually made the game more unfriendly to new players by giving the old players an even larger level gap between the easily reachable initial soft cap (AKA STF level) and what most of the old players are running, which is 34 to 36 instead of STF at 35 and old players running 36 and 37.  Sure, at some point you added a few free looms to new players, but chose horrible items that old players never ran.  Then of course, you have these lovely ranged players and HA that are more than happy to clear the server out when 10 people or less.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 06:29:21 pm »
Unfortunately I'm not cleared to go back to the gym after getting my appendix removed, so I've been on a lot lately.  I just play Strategus to fight and get exp, since NA1  is never populated.  I could care less who gets what internet village.  Turns out you need exp to get the levels to keep up with you level 35 fucks.  You'll probably notice I always play on defense because I don't know who the factions are, except the one time Occitan paid me to switch.. At this point, if you want anything to happen in Strategus you will have to cooperate to create fun battles which no one here is mature enough to do.  Instead, you will continue to abuse horrible mechanics in Strategus like night time settings and uneven mercing to make it unenjoyable.

Anyway, Strategus aside, the point i'm getting at is you have a dying mod that has some legitimately good changes in it versus Native.  However, there are a lot of really bad decisions by the mod team, and I'm just trying to point them out.  Since trying to undo the POD patch, you've actually made the game more unfriendly to new players by giving the old players an even larger level gap between the easily reachable initial soft cap (AKA STF level) and what most of the old players are running, which is 34 to 36 instead of STF at 35 and old players running 36 and 37.  Sure, at some point you added a few free looms to new players, but chose horrible items that old players never ran.  Then of course, you have these lovely ranged players and HA that are more than happy to clear the server out when 10 people or less.

I agree patch of destiny had some good points in terms of "max level" was only 2 levels higher than retire level. HOWEVER patch of destiny was not balanced in terms of armor levels. You increase everyones stats and power strike/power gay and suddenly armor is meaningless. I was 2 shotting folks all day every day with a shit strength build. If you want to go back to pod you need to rebalance the stats on armor and weapons and thats too dam much work.

In terms of decisions that were good: removing horse archery from the game was a great idea. If you want to keep it in the game it should have some limitations. For example: When horse archer was super cancer the mods made the rule that if you're last on your team as horse archer you have to dismount. Asheram also says that they made you carry a melee weapon so you couldnt have 45 arrows while everyone watches you. I don't remember this but I take his word for it. CRPG started out as a melee mod maybe should go back to the roots.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 07:00:23 pm »
The decision to keep or not nerf HA doesn't make any sense.  When Roh and the rest of Semen Storm all went Horse Crossbow, Tydeus nerfed it within a week.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 08:13:15 pm »
I hope we're not pretending Tydeus changes are the gold standard of balancing here.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.