Author Topic: Starsector  (Read 632 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Starsector
« on: May 14, 2018, 12:13:03 pm »
+3
I bought this game in 2011 when it was a barely-playable combat demo and forgot about it until yesterday. Obviously didn't have my key anymore so emailed their support basically like "hey here are 4 email addresses i might have used and 6 potential usernames can you please gib key i bought this 7 years ago" and they sent me another key so now I am compelled to shill it

One-man dev team, working full-time on the game. Luckily, it seems like a very strong point is the steadfast community of spergs making mods for it. Seems like several "future planned" features are now implemented well through mods before the developer got to them.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Basically top-down mount and blade in space, once I get some hours back in this thing I will report back further
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Starsector
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 03:20:32 pm »
+1
Looks cool. Definitely in to see further review.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:07:08 am »
It does look pretty nice. I'll wait for it to eventually appear on steam, though.

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 09:52:01 am »
i have played the game some, and here's what i think

boy, it sure has come a long way from the glorified tech-demo i played in 2011. its basically 2/3 complete 2d warband in space. fully-fleshed out features include the combat, vessels, weapons, etc. basic economy and campaign layer in. mods pick up the slack for advanced users in terms of campaign functionality. ie: plans are included in the vanilla game to be able to take stations/planets afaik but not implemented in vanilla. however, a mod or two will do the thing well and i suspect that the dev will/has already shanghai'd the content of voluntary spergs. good.

the beginning of the campaign is fucking difficult, though. you probably do want to play tutorial(s) before you figure out what the fuck is going on.

ask me questions if u want i guess

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 10:35:09 am »
+1
hey sandy how are you man :)

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 12:51:35 pm »
+3
hey sandy how are you man :)

hey dude i'm okay, i guess i'm on one of those for-no-particular-reason e-sabbaticals. i should graduate after summer semester with bare-minimum GPA i need for grad school. here's hoping pops can hook it up fat with the HR gig, it sure is beneficial for me that he is a great man within his field (of bowling center maintenance lol) and is very well respected for it and also his good nature.

if that doesn't work i'll take a spin on the mass-application roulette. if THAT doesn't work or i get tired of it im gonna take my 5 years hotel (muh hospitality hurrr) experience and pseudoscience diploma and go work on a fukken cruise ship. i do dearly love the open water and being on a vessel's deck, but only very rarely get to do that as a poor man living in the interior of the South.

at the very moment i'm still doing night shift hotel bullshit and it remains very good for reading, listening to lectures, doing schoolwork, etc. pay is pretty poor, although i have really only RARELY had to deal with any real crazy shit, or even people being assholes. i think part of that is luck, part is good affable tendencies on my part, some unexplained.

hey, you got me to spend my last 5 minutes at work writing about myself atm, cool. alright gotta go, cya