Author Topic: Am I racist? 2.0  (Read 149130 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Am I racist? 2.0
« Reply #645 on: March 28, 2018, 06:15:06 pm »

"teaching" hwhite children about their unearned privilege.

Apparantly 'Kevin' is a troll loser despite his white privilege. Should've been more like 'Carol' who just post funny dog pictures and reads food blogs and doesn't care about far left politics in kids shows.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #646 on: March 28, 2018, 07:19:45 pm »
+1
Its refreshing to see someone recognize it all comes down to a class issue. My own little rustbelt coal city was defined by labor exploitation and the American experiment of whiteness, ethnic whiteness, and skin darkness to divide the lower classes and weaken labor unions. People don't realize these things are sewn into rhe fabric of American institutions and that black people as a whole have less economic mobility than the white population(which also has relatively low economic mobility).

Black folk here where I live are incarcerated at 12x the rate of white people, despite only making up 2.5% of the population and for largely nonviolent crimes, there's a sort of sentencing disparity here. Also, the incarceration rate in this city in general is 1.5 for every 1000 people regardless of race. We're also the home of the this scandal where judges were convicted of receiving kickbacks from a private juvenile detention facility for sentencing children to lengthy amounts of time for minor offensives

The American criminal justice system is fucked up anyway you look at it.

Yes, it's always been and will always be entirely about class, say classical marxist retards. Soooo last century. The new hotness is all about race, gender and sexual orientation, get with the times.
Oh wait nm, you immediately make it a race issue literally after saying it's about class, just lol. Nice cognitive dissonance.

Black people are incarcerated at the exact same rate they commit more crime, there is ZERO fucking disparity. Maybe if stupid friends stopped committing crime disproportionately they'd stop being arrested disproportionately. All of this is documented statistically, going back fucking decades. Throw all the usual whining factors you'd like, education, status, wealth of parents, the disproportionate representation of black people in crime remains. Strange how this vague, ghostly "institutional" racism that is supposedly at fault can never be pinpointed exactly. Black people are just generally victimized because of their race apparently. If it wasn't for awful, awful institutional white racism there would never be this disparity! Not like it lines up perfectly with the crime rate of blacks in other towns, states or even countries, right?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:23:25 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 28, 2018, 08:14:05 pm »
+1

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 28, 2018, 08:21:26 pm »
So, what you're getting at, Oberyn, is that "dey dum cuz dey black".

a)MLKs "I have a dream" speech was at 1963, resulting in the Civil Rights bill of 1964, not that long ago, actually. Before that, black people were actually segregated and systematically repressed.
b)US has one of the lowest social mobilities in the western world and has been that way for a while now.

Doesn't take much to connect the dots.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 28, 2018, 08:55:14 pm »
+1
So you think more than half a century isn't enough time? Give me an example of a single way blacks are institutionally discriminated against in the US. Not "they were segregated and discriminated against in the 60's". You know who else was discriminated against and segregated? EVERY SINGLE FUCKING OTHER ETHNICITY. Why aren't the east asians, indians, modern day african immigrants, etc in the same straits? If being black is such a huge fucking drawback in the US, why are african immigrants even coming to the US, much less succeeding on a level that surpasses the native whites by far?

The real irony is that by almost every metric that matters blacks as a collective were doing better in the 60's. Certainly didn't have the insanely broken families and all the factors that come with it of Current Year.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:59:14 pm by Oberyn »

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 28, 2018, 09:00:20 pm »
Half a century is one or two generations. Poor social mobility: born poor = stay poor.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 28, 2018, 09:09:15 pm »
Adjust crime/race with economic level. Does it reflect what you're saying? Are poor whites just as criminal as poor blacks? Are any other ethnicities?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #652 on: March 28, 2018, 09:10:48 pm »
+1
Half a century is one or two generations. Poor social mobility: born poor = stay poor.

Born poor = stay poor is a really bad excuse. You think every rich guy / family on earth started rich? No. It's called not being lazy (and some luck).

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 28, 2018, 09:45:58 pm »
Adjust crime/race with economic level. Does it reflect what you're saying? Are poor whites just as criminal as poor blacks? Are any other ethnicities?
Depends on the country. In some places, most definitely.

Born poor = stay poor is a really bad excuse. You think every rich guy / family on earth started rich? No. It's called not being lazy (and some luck).
Lmao.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 28, 2018, 10:30:22 pm »
+1
"Exterminate all the brutes!"
And how!

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 28, 2018, 11:06:55 pm »
"Exterminate all the brutes!"

"All Europe contributed to the making of Kurtz, and by and by I learned that most appropriately the International Society for the Suppression of Savage Customs had entrusted him with the making of a report for its future guidance. And he had written it too. I’ve seen it. I’ve read it. It was eloquent, vibrating with eloquence, but too highstrung I think. Seventeen pages of close writing. He had found time for it. But this must have been before his—let us say—nerves went wrong and caused him to preside at certain midnight dances ending with unspeakable rites, which—as far as I reluctantly gathered from what I heard at various times—were offered up to him—do you understand—to Mr. Kurtz himself. But it was a beautiful piece of writing. The opening paragraph, however, in the light of later information, strikes me now as ominous. He began with the argument that we whites, from the point of development we had arrived at, ‘must necessarily appear to them [savages] in the nature of supernatural beings—we approach them with the might as of a deity,’ and so on, and so on. ‘By the simple exercise of our will we can exert a power for good practically unbounded,’ etc. etc. From that point he soared and took me with him. The peroration was magnificent, though difficult to remember, you know. It gave me the notion of an exotic Immensity ruled by an august Benevolence. It made me tingle with enthusiasm. This was the unbounded power of eloquence—of words—of burning noble words. There were no practical hints to interrupt the magic current of phrases, unless a kind of note at the foot of the last page, scrawled evidently much later in an unsteady hand, may be regarded as the exposition of a method. It was very simple and at the end of that moving appeal to every altruistic sentiment it blazed at you luminous and terrifying like a flash of lightning in a serene sky: ‘Exterminate all the brutes!’ "

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 28, 2018, 11:14:50 pm »
+2
Always found Kurtz's progression in sentiment to be slightly echoed in Dr. Albert Schweitzer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Schweitzer).

1905:
Schweitzer was one of colonialism's harshest critics. In a sermon that he preached on 6 January 1905, before he had told anyone of his plans to dedicate the rest of his life to work as a doctor in Africa, he said:

Our culture divides people into two classes: civilized men, a title bestowed on the persons who do the classifying; and others, who have only the human form, who may perish or go to the dogs for all the 'civilized men' care.

Oh, this 'noble' culture of ours! It speaks so piously of human dignity and human rights and then disregards this dignity and these rights of countless millions and treads them underfoot, only because they live overseas or because their skins are of different color or because they cannot help themselves. This culture does not know how hollow and miserable and full of glib talk it is, how common it looks to those who follow it across the seas and see what it has done there, and this culture has no right to speak of personal dignity and human rights...

I will not enumerate all the crimes that have been committed under the pretext of justice. People robbed native inhabitants of their land, made slaves of them, let loose the scum of mankind upon them. Think of the atrocities that were perpetrated upon people made subservient to us, how systematically we have ruined them with our alcoholic 'gifts', and everything else we have done... We decimate them, and then, by the stroke of a pen, we take their land so they have nothing left at all...

If all this oppression and all this sin and shame are perpetrated under the eye of the German God, or the American God, or the British God, and if our states do not feel obliged first to lay aside their claim to be 'Christian'—then the name of Jesus is blasphemed and made a mockery. And the Christianity of our states is blasphemed and made a mockery before those poor people. The name of Jesus has become a curse, and our Christianity—yours and mine—has become a falsehood and a disgrace, if the crimes are not atoned for in the very place where they were instigated. For every person who committed an atrocity in Jesus' name, someone must step in to help in Jesus' name; for every person who robbed, someone must bring a replacement; for everyone who cursed, someone must bless.

And now, when you speak about missions, let this be your message: We must make atonement for all the terrible crimes we read of in the newspapers. We must make atonement for the still worse ones, which we do not read about in the papers, crimes that are shrouded in the silence of the jungle night...

1939:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:59:22 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #657 on: March 29, 2018, 02:05:14 am »

"teaching" hwhite children about their unearned privilege.

so like, i'm ross and leshma is stevie??

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 1328
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 29, 2018, 02:24:41 am »
+1
Possibly.

Except I'm older than you and don't like 8 year old hit by aging accelerator ray.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 29, 2018, 12:16:23 pm »
https://www.enca.com/media/video/there-element-albert-einstein-all-white-people%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-wits-src-president

Hmmmm I wonder what he meant by this. Of course the outrage from the 80 k strong jewish SA community prompted a response, because the jews are the poor innocent victims of this dumb friend.
Replace Albert Einstein with the usual, if you are interested enough.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:19:25 pm by Oberyn »