Author Topic: Can you remove night from the servers ?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Can you remove night from the servers ?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 11:02:25 pm »
Removing night time is silly. I honestly don't understand why people complain so much about it. Perhaps you guys are using bad graphical settings? I don't find night time hard to see in and I enjoy having different settings to play in. Day/Night/Weather.

I definitely agree that the amount of time that night comes up is too high and could be greatly reduced.

If its light in the room then it actually does hinder my vision in when it's night in CRPG. Strains my eyes. Not sure what it actually adds to the game beyond that, on top of the fact some people have it removed, so why not give us a check box to allow it to be disabled if it doesn't bother some people, or just remove it completely. If people are going to circumvent it by cheesing the files, might as well just add that option.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 11:16:34 pm »
+2
I don't get this at all, I can see fine when it's night. Mess with brightness, gamma and contrast. You would think it's like Mortal Onlines night so dark you can barely see hand in front of face the way some are talking.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 12:01:29 am »
+1
I don't get this at all, I can see fine when it's night. Mess with brightness, gamma and contrast. You would think it's like Mortal Onlines night so dark you can barely see hand in front of face the way some are talking.

Problem is that everyone's graphics card/monitor is different. What settings work for you may not work for someone else. Needless to say, some may not want to compromise their daytime viewing experience just so they don't melt their eyes when it is a nighttime map, and it certainly isn't reasonable to ask people to readjust all their settings each map change, should the time of day be different. Personally, I'd like to see nighttime frequency turned way down, or some sort of toggle-able setting in the graphics options to make it less painful for those that do suffer from the issue. Maybe if their was an easy enough way to add a "nighttime darkness" slider it might be worth looking into, but I doubt it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 12:21:33 am »
+1
So nighttime is fine, if you have settings set so that its bright enough to be playable? Or with settings enabled or disabled that you may want to have on other maps? Never have i had a game force me to adapt my graphics settings map after map. But i guess ill just go back to being a cheater with edited .txt then, if people seem unbothered with it at this point.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 01:03:38 am »
+2
I haven't changed my monitor settings only the in game options and I dont have to change every map. Maybe it is as Jona said graphics card but I just have a lowly gtx660. I am unbothered because I dont see what you are seeing I guess.
My game is never darker than it is in this videowhich is at night and raining..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:12:51 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 02:13:21 am »
Just add fire arrows as I think ranged would be qq about this most  :D
PENDULUM

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 06:12:14 am »
+1
And i've never had to adjust my settings to make the game so dark it's unbearable.

The default settings on 2 non-gaming laptops, my mate's pc and my new gaming pc have all been perfectly fine. Do you know what settings or game files I need to change to experience this mysterious unplayable nighttime?

Why did you guys change your settings to make it so bad if you don't like it?

Huh, youre right. I fixed it in the hidden settings now, its bright and i can see again. I can even lower my brightness in game and on my monitor now, and not burn my eyes out before 30!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 06:22:27 pm »
thanks dahli for the code

here is a screenshot of night time on my computer :