Author Topic: 0.5.0.0: Patch of Undestiny  (Read 13523 times)

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.0.0: Patch of Undestiny
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 11:06:40 pm »
+3
Currently looking into tweaks for the leveling system, stay tuned! Patch for that should be this weekend.
By this weekend I meant by Wednesday. Going to spend Tuesday afternoon hammering out this patch.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2017, 12:31:07 am »
+3
By this weekend I meant by Wednesday. Going to spend Tuesday afternoon hammering out this patch.

december 2010

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2017, 07:19:06 pm »
sry but new xp system is shit !
you had no reason to change it ...
how to fuck all hybrid build just for 2h heroes ...

was guessing the goal was to revive the mod not to kill it and kill the fun in same way...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:33:07 pm by Blackbow »

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2017, 09:28:23 pm »
+1
You guys need to add a Polearm and Two Handed skills to the game, something to put points in like shield for 1h players.

Hybrids should want to use 1h weapons for point efficiency.

What would this new skill do? Maybe make each point allow for an effective cap to wpf, make it equal to how much wpf you would have as a pure build, make it based on agi, and at least that way it could still be used by hybrids for a couple points, and won't really impact strength builds for pole or 2h much.

Just an idea, maybe it's shit

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2017, 09:32:53 pm »
+1
You guys need to add a Polearm and Two Handed skills to the game, something to put points in like shield for 1h players.

The only problem is that this would ruin any hoplite build as they'd need to drop points in both shield and pole skills. Also, 1h without shield is a pretty decent build so if every other class requires more wasted points, they indirectly get a huge buff. Similar ideas have been bounced around before, I personally prefer just letting all shields be 0 req, but that introduces other issues as well. There isn't really an ideal solution.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2017, 09:04:30 pm »
+1
I won't play this game, but thank you all for reminding me I could still downvote Blackbow

I lost my sugar addiction just by downvoting him today, what a miracle this guy is !

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2017, 09:38:05 pm »
The only problem is that this would ruin any hoplite build as they'd need to drop points in both shield and pole skills. Also, 1h without shield is a pretty decent build so if every other class requires more wasted points, they indirectly get a huge buff. Similar ideas have been bounced around before, I personally prefer just letting all shields be 0 req, but that introduces other issues as well. There isn't really an ideal solution.

It could possibly work is pole used in 1h doesn't do a check on polearm skill, that way you can use polearms in 1h effectively (requiring a shield to do of course) without penalizing hopelite builds.

This way pure 1h is really the only build that doesn't require an additional skill, thus making it ideal for ranged characters.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2017, 10:00:03 pm »
It could possibly work is pole used in 1h doesn't do a check on polearm skill, that way you can use polearms in 1h effectively (requiring a shield to do of course) without penalizing hopelite builds.

This way pure 1h is really the only build that doesn't require an additional skill, thus making it ideal for ranged characters.

Yeah, but then if a hoplite's shield breaks or is sheathed/dropped, the polearm user has no pole wpf with which to use their weapon, leaving them in a pretty poor scenario whereas a 1hand shielder who loses their shield will be just fine. Also, while it'd be nice to encourage ranged builds to use 1handers, a change like this will still just make swashbuckler builds pretty strong overall, and tbh even with the current system they aren't all that disadvantaged compared to pure pole or 2hand builds.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador