Author Topic: Needs to be talked about  (Read 14584 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Needs to be talked about
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2017, 03:29:17 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

I've got no problem with anyone wanting to goof around and have fun on the servers. The point of playing a game is to have fun. I'm only asking that you do it within the rules. You're making this problem much larger than it needs to be. A lot of people play this mod, goof off with their friends, have fun, and never get banned. It can be done. You should try it someday.

(click to show/hide)

Also, Horns is working on more than just scripting. We've been waiting for Dupre to return to push the next patch, which, now that he's reappeared will hopefully happen soon. Again, just follow the rules, don't be total twats, and situations/threads like this will not be necessary. 6 days for Cikl is pretty harsh but I wasn't there so I can't pass judgement on what he actually did to deserve it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:34:27 pm by Bronto »

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2017, 05:31:29 pm »
+4
The other day some people were tossing slurs around in chat and instead of instantly muting or banning people, an admin non-obnoxiously told the server to "chill with the slurs" and guess what?  People stopped.

Quit treating people like they're below you (and quit giving multi-day bans for saying friend in chat) and maybe they'll react better when you ban/kick/mute them for whatever reason.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2017, 05:46:51 pm »
Thats a great plan there alligator, maybe the justice system should implement that irl. Stop writing people tickets and they will stop shoplifting, jaywalking and running redlights.

IS THAT BETTER! DID THE POINT CHANGE? Not enforcing rules doesn't magically make people obey rules.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:16:48 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2017, 06:03:23 pm »
+1
Thats a great plan there alligator, maybe the justice system should implement that irl. Stop incarcerating people and they will stop murdering, raping and stealing.

Did you even read what I wrote??

Saying friend, or having the name "mechaeinstein"  on crpg is not the equivalent of rapists and murderers irl

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »
+1
Did you even read what I wrote??

Saying friend, or having the name "mechaeinstein"  on crpg is not the equivalent of rapists and murderers irl
No but it is equivalent to follow the rules. I think its called an analogy. And trying to say if the admins didnt enforce said rules the rulebreakers wouldnt break the rules is retarded.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2017, 06:52:28 pm »
+1
No but it is equivalent to follow the rules. I think its called an analogy. And trying to say if the admins didnt enforce said rules the rulebreakers wouldnt break the rules is retarded.

yes but it's still a very false analogy. a real world comparison of meme names and chat abuse in crpg is something like j-walking or putting your paint in the trash.

comparing me using the spookyghost name to real world rape and murder seems a wee bit over the top dont you think you insane person
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2017, 07:02:46 pm »
Sure its an extreme analogy but the point is the same. So when the cop writes you a ticket for jaywalking do you cry as much about it as this?
Also I would really like to see a video with these kids that like to run around spewing the N word going to a black neighborhood in Oakland spewing it there loud and public.
edit: that might lead to a rape and a murder though so dont do it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:06:58 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2017, 07:49:21 pm »
+1
I just want to point out that I was banned for saying "white people are subhuman" and spamming "penis" in I chat and I'm not arguing for people to be able to say "friend"

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2017, 07:52:00 pm »
Im so lucky fortunate, to have experienced the 90's, would have loved to live through even earlier times. We were safer then, with an amount of freedom, the newer generations couldnt even fathom.
Most of you live in America, but its clear most of you do not live by American ideals, it shouldnt be a Canadian reminding you "Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither"

I truly miss the 90's, especially the music.

"Rape meeee,
Rape meeee, My friend
Rape meeee,
Rape meeee, Again
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
Hate meeee, Do it n do it again
Waste meeee,
Rape meeee
My Friend
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE

RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME!"

(click to show/hide)

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »
+1
Sure its an extreme analogy but the point is the same. So when the cop writes you a ticket for jaywalking do you cry as much about it as this?
Also I would really like to see a video with these kids that like to run around spewing the N word going to a black neighborhood in Oakland spewing it there loud and public.
edit: that might lead to a rape and a murder though so dont do it.
If I was jaywalking and a cop stopped me, arrested me and put me in jail for 30 days(wow what an anology!), and then told me I deserve it for breaking the law, i'd sure have some complaints.

Stop using the "lel pussi kids u wuld nevr say nagr in compton wow such babies" argument, we're playing a niche, barely-populated medieval roleplaying game.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2017, 08:04:49 pm »
+2
Im so lucky fortunate, to have experienced the 90's, would have loved to live through even earlier times. We were safer then, with an amount of freedom, the newer generations couldnt even fathom.
Most of you live in America, but its clear most of you do not live by American ideals, it shouldnt be a Canadian reminding you "Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither"

I truly miss the 90's, especially the music.

"Rape meeee,
Rape meeee, My friend
Rape meeee,
Rape meeee, Again
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
Hate meeee, Do it n do it again
Waste meeee,
Rape meeee
My Friend
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE
NAHAHOHOOO
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE

RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME! RAPE ME!"

(click to show/hide)

Edgy af
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2017, 08:06:11 pm »
If I was jaywalking and a cop stopped me, arrested me and put me in jail for 30 days(wow what an anology!), and then told me I deserve it for breaking the law, i'd sure have some complaints.

Stop using the "lel pussi kids u wuld nevr say nagr in compton wow such babies" argument, we're playing a niche, barely-populated medieval roleplaying game.
apparently you must be 12 because you cant even read what I said in plain english back w/o making it l33t sp33k.
PENDULUM

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2017, 08:17:47 pm »
+1
That was me Alligator and I do it all the time. Usually when I tell people to shape up they do. If they don't I follow the mute, mute again (cause they dodge it lol) then a 15 minute time out. If, after those 15 minutes you come back and are still not following the rules, I'll ban for longer. So far, no one has acted a fool after those first 15 minutes.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2017, 08:35:04 pm »
+2
Shouldn't liberal degenerate folk like (((admins))) be in favor of drug and deviant behavior decriminalization? If we're using real world examples now, as per Mr. Asheram.

What exactly is the difference between a pothead and a sperg?

(click to show/hide)
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2017, 08:50:51 pm »
Shouldn't liberal degenerate folk like (((admins))) be in favor of drug and deviant behavior decriminalization? If we're using real world examples now, as per Mr. Asheram.

What exactly is the difference between a pothead and a sperg?

(click to show/hide)
Why should rules change or be different or not followed because you are on an anonymous format? And if that is a dig because I smoke marijuana I smoke to try to help my appetite because I have Hepatitis C. I work, dont smoke at work and pay my taxes is that ok with you?
PENDULUM