Author Topic: Needs to be talked about  (Read 14736 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Needs to be talked about
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 10:20:09 pm »
+8
Admins used to talk to me like a friend and slap a ban on me with no negative feelings exchanged when I broke the rules, nowadays there's this like moral crusade played out by nerdy losers against types like me and my friends

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For the record Havelle, I did and always do talk to you like a normal human being. Even today when you were on, I had a conversation with you about your ban. The fact that you keep evading it is why you remain banned. I have no idea who banned you but I heard your story. There is no secret agenda by the admins to undermine you and your friends and never has been. It is purely coincidence that the people knowingly breaking the rules happen to be your associates. I've played the mod for a long ass time, too long really, and in all that time I've never seen people act in the way they are now. Thinking that they should be able to get away with anything and when they don't, have the rest of their friends come on here to say how unjust and unfair the system is.  At this stage in the mod's life, you'd think people who were still here would actually want to play it, rather than test how far they can bend the rules before getting paddled; then take the paddling because what they did was knowingly a test of how far they could push. Instead, we have devolved into a community where any punishment is a crime against humanity and countless threads are made discussing the same thing. It's exhausting. Can't we all just get along?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:42:31 pm by Bronto »

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 10:49:44 pm »
+6
Every single one of you are disappointing your parents.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 10:55:06 pm »
+4

dad?

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 10:56:14 pm »
+3

I do appreciate you hearing me out, you've always been a good guy Bronto and that post wasn't referring to you. I think calling it a conspiracy is kind of hyperbole, but some of the posts from the admin forum dating back from friendgate do imply(if not outright state) that me and my friends are no longer welcome here.

I'm also not the biggest fan of some of the aspects the current mob mentality. The personal attacks that haven been thrown around on certain admins disgust me. At the same time people are airing their opinions and mostly being dismissed.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 11:00:00 pm »
+2

Thanks for reminding me of the past. Mine were murdered in front of me after taking me to see a movie at the tender age of nine. It was just random mugging. I've had to use my father's wealth to start a hugely successful business. In time, I've learned to deal with it somewhat but have been using the profits to design a technologically advanced secret cave and many gadgets to help me fight crime when I'm not at work. I hope someday I'll find that bastard that did this but in the mean time, I'm helping the local police round up notorious criminals and lock them all in one location together. They've even designed a light that they shine in the sky with a symbol of my choosing to alert me when crimes are taking place. It's even tougher than my day job but I do get to maintain my status as a socialite all the while harboring a secret identity.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2017, 11:14:13 pm »
+2
wat happen
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2017, 11:37:54 pm »
+4
but I do get to maintain my status as a socialite

You had me going up until this point... fake and gay.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2017, 01:10:05 am »
+8
wat happen

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2017, 02:10:14 am »
+3
That was always the issue right there, the fact that a little bit of coding knowledge combined with giving e-blowies to the right people could land you an admin/item balancer position never made any sense to me.  That's like me interviewing for an engineering position at GE and since I complimented the interviewer's tie and have a firm enough handshake I'm immediately promoted to CEO or VP of the company. A little bit of engineering knowledge doesn't mean I have any business knowhow or any other knowledge required to actually do that job, and yet that's what crpg has been doing since its inception. Take Tydeus, for example. The dude knew how to edit animations and code and shit, so they gave him the keys to kingdom. Sure, he was good enough at coding and such, but obviously he sucked ass as a balancer, and did a questionable-at-best job as an admin (jk he was pretty much corrupt af). I never understood why we couldn't have separate people on the balancing team: those that actually had a good sense of the game and knew what would make it as fun for all as possible that only did "balancing" by tweaking item values/character stats/deciding on whether or not any animations needed tweaking/etc. (the balancers/advisers), and those that would implement the changes requested by the balancers to the best of their ability (the coders/devs).

Now while I realize that in order for balancers to have access to all the tools to do their job they had to be given admin rights in-game, that is no reason why they were allowed to use those powers to police the game or actively patrol the forums. Because there was never a distinction between admin, item balancer, and coder/dev, we've had devs who are shit admins, balancers (who should be nothing more than devs) be shit admins, and shit admins try to be balancers. Looking at the more controversial admins, they are almost always devs/balancers first, admins second. Bronto, SP1N, Hungry, Granpappy, James, and plenty more that I'm forgetting (and all the EU ones, if there were any), crpg has had plenty of good or at least acceptable admins over the years who were only admins. I'd argue that Sparvico too is a fine admin that only recently is shown in a more negative light since let's face it, the community probably deserves what it's been getting. Now if we list the names of balancers/devs who became admins for no reason... Tydeus, Dupre, Horns (and cmp too, tbh, although at least he had more of an excuse for being able to do w.e. the fuck he wanted)... well, they've all made some of the more questionable decisions, to say the least.

Crpg has never had the distinct roles that it needed, and instead the community is expected to suck the dick of some undeserving, power-tripping sperg with a couple of credits in compsci classes. Crpg has always had this problem, and we can only expect the us vs. them mentality of the community (and all-around shitty decision making from up top) to continue until the end of this mod's life unless some of the few people in the oligarchy actually realize that this is an issue chipping away at the mod's lifespan and give up some of their power during a restructuring of things (lol yeah right).

Jona you're a g well said. To be fair I think saying friend should result in an hour ban not my 6 day one haha but what can you do. I probably wont say it again I just did it because everyone else was

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2017, 05:40:08 am »
I do appreciate you hearing me out, you've always been a good guy Bronto and that post wasn't referring to you. I think calling it a conspiracy is kind of hyperbole, but some of the posts from the admin forum dating back from friendgate do imply(if not outright state) that me and my friends are no longer welcome here.

I'm also not the biggest fan of some of the aspects the current mob mentality. The personal attacks that haven been thrown around on certain admins disgust me. At the same time people are airing their opinions and mostly being dismissed.

for fuck's sake i think i'm being turned into a blood-sucking liberal like havelle
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 06:48:40 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2017, 09:32:12 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

the thing is people like me who are treated like a rabies ridden LUNATIC DO want to play the game. i want to joke around and make people laugh. im not a danger 2 the community im a failed comedian. a lot of the admin crew currently is treating ALL of these recent cases as if the offender was spamming "friend" and being a complete scamp just ruining everything. a good few of the recent bans are just meme names. no one's hurting anyone, no one's really hurting the mod at all. if anything the stray noobie will laugh their ass off at the autismal state of the servers and decide 2 stay to join the fun.

i mean i've been treated like i'm a no-good piece of shit (which i am) who is just decimating the quality of life here in crpg. im just trying to goof off with my boys without actually harming the experience of anyone else in this mod. so far the only harm ive actually done 2 anyone is just frustrating all of these admins with my posts.

and to talk about crimes against humanity: banning cikel for 6 god damned days for his most apprehensive and rare drop of the N bomb.... like in teamspeak I always try to coax that guy into being a loon and he never wants to mess around on the server and get in trouble... he doesnt have any real recent bans that I know of and he gets MERKED for 6 days?

it's just like because we're fucking goofasses we can't be taken seriously. every time i make a thread about some weird verdicts by sparvico, it's automatically assumed by my political opposition that i was spamming friend or tking or something. thats not me i dont do that shit use horns little log search i may have dropped the N bomb a couple times recently but 2 call me a spammer? a tker? el MONSTRO????

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2017, 09:42:39 am »
snip

I'll take a short break from the dernald trhump memes to reply to this. We cannot tell what your intention is, we can only judge you on what we see. What we see is you blatantly breaking a pretty easy rule to follow. There are probably thousands of words in the English language you could choose from to replace friend that would be totally allowed. Obviously not other racial slurs. We have set a few words aside as not being allowed because it helps create a better environment for everyone in the server. If you knowingly break the rules, especially frequently, you will get banned for it.

Incidentally Horns has made a list of the top spammers of the N-word in the server. You are number 3 or 4 (sugar is whichever one your not). The number one spot is Bicep and he is currently serving a 15 day ban. This isn't a case of nebulous half truths that can't be proven anymore. We have ample evidence that shows you are exactly as much of a shit as we've always know. If you want to continue playing this mod you need to abide by the rules. Pretty simple.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2017, 10:15:43 am »
+4
Attention needs to be brought to the way you folks are behaving lately, and I think it says a lot that the administration only actively engages with people they believe they can beat in an argument.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2017, 10:58:07 am »
+2
I'll take a short break from the dernald trhump memes to reply to this. We cannot tell what your intention is, we can only judge you on what we see. What we see is you blatantly breaking a pretty easy rule to follow. There are probably thousands of words in the English language you could choose from to replace friend that would be totally allowed. Obviously not other racial slurs. We have set a few words aside as not being allowed because it helps create a better environment for everyone in the server. If you knowingly break the rules, especially frequently, you will get banned for it.

Incidentally Horns has made a list of the top spammers of the N-word in the server. You are number 3 or 4 (sugar is whichever one your not). The number one spot is Bicep and he is currently serving a 15 day ban. This isn't a case of nebulous half truths that can't be proven anymore. We have ample evidence that shows you are exactly as much of a shit as we've always know. If you want to continue playing this mod you need to abide by the rules. Pretty simple.

again you're turning it into that argument. none of my recent bans are for that use of the N word. none in fact as far as I know. i may be on that list in 3rd or 4th spot but i doubt the reliability of it. man i can probably count the times ive said the N word since january with the fingers on my right hand (i have 7 fingers on my right hand) i really dont use it as much as you accuse me of doing. like jesus christ saying friend was never really my thing its kind of astonishing to hear im on that list

(where am i at on the list for most bans? that bitch bicep better feel me comin )

tell horns to link his special little script (which was more important to develop than actually progressing the mod) to some sort of feed where it can be seen by everyone

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2017, 11:51:02 am »
+4
tell horns to link his special little script (which was more important to develop than actually progressing the mod) to some sort of feed where it can be seen by everyone

one of the few sensible suggestions in the thread, my interest in the mod would be freshly re-kindled if i only had a REAL TIME feed of the cRPG chat

if you could add in notification functionality so i can get an alert on my phone when a semantic nuke has been dropped so i can see the online constabulary beat the fuck out of delinquents and ne'er-do-wells, i'd probably even donate

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?