Author Topic: Any calculator or thread where I can find up-to-date mechanics ?  (Read 556 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
I've always been willing to try new builds for my alt, yet I don't know a lot of things about my char : namely what are the penalties from PD/PT on my wpf, what agi actually does, what's the (updated) penalty of armor, the effects of ironflesh on said armor, the penalty-free weight limit, and how it works with the armor penalty multipliers. The only calculator I've been able to download is Poul's, yet it's 3 years old, and while it still allows me to plan builds, it mentions none of what I said above, which are game changers.

So, basically, did anyone make/update a calculator I didn't hear of while I was gone ? Or are there plans for the devs to make a calculator on the website itself, or to explain stuff better than it currently does ?

Offline Horns

• Count
  • Renown: 207
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I am that horns guy.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Horns
Re: Any calculator or thread where I can find up-to-date mechanics ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 04:23:52 pm »
I've always been willing to try new builds for my alt, yet I don't know a lot of things about my char : namely what are the penalties from PD/PT on my wpf, what agi actually does, what's the (updated) penalty of armor, the effects of ironflesh on said armor, the penalty-free weight limit, and how it works with the armor penalty multipliers. The only calculator I've been able to download is Poul's, yet it's 3 years old, and while it still allows me to plan builds, it mentions none of what I said above, which are game changers.

So, basically, did anyone make/update a calculator I didn't hear of while I was gone ? Or are there plans for the devs to make a calculator on the website itself, or to explain stuff better than it currently does ?

Not since Patch of Destiny and maybe even before that. The one thing old devs loved to touch constantly was balance.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 04:28:21 pm »
San made one hosted in a google doc somewhere. Idk if its the most recent mechanics or just fairly recent, however, as he didn't stick around long. Maybe try going through his post history to see if it's still up and running. Afaik the numbers were only tweaked slightly, if at all, for certain things after he left. Either way it'd most likely be more up-to-date since afaik he made the only post-patch calculator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:40:27 pm »
San made one hosted in a google doc somewhere. Idk if its the most recent mechanics or just fairly recent, however, as he didn't stick around long. Maybe try going through his post history to see if it's still up and running. Afaik the numbers were only tweaked slightly, if at all, for certain things after he left. Either way it'd most likely be more up-to-date since afaik he made the only post-patch calculator.

http://forum.melee.org/beginner%27s-help-and-guides/min-max-simulator-updated/

The links are either dead or outdated, the cRPG calculator pack hasn't even got the updated levels, nor the melee wpf gains.

The real question is, can we find the values in the cRPG files ?

EDIT : so far, I only found something related to Tydeus altering the action of armor. While I searched through folders related to skills, those were only the description of what they do on the website.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:54:06 pm by Algarn »

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 04:56:51 pm »
Might want to give it a few weeks since supposedly a lot of reverts are coming soon. Then a new new build calculator can be made.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 01:51:23 am »
+1
This is the one San made I believe, credit to Chester for linking it to me earlier in the year. Link is still good

Soz Algarn you probably already saw this one  :oops:

the one san made in 2014 works, but the only link that works is this direct download and his github download. you need to dl it to your comp, extract it, then run the calc.html file.
Direct download: https://codeload.github.com/smj72/cRPG-Toolkit/zip/master

http://forum.melee.org/beginner's-help-and-guides/min-max-simulator-updated/

btw whats up kadeth u pimp. make a trade for your +3 varangos plate if youre playing again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login