31 (57.4%)
Nay
11 (20.4%)
I like Saturday better
9 (16.7%)
I only play Battle
3 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Siege Sundays ! Vote in Poll !  (Read 1674 times)

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Siege Sundays ! Vote in Poll !
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 04:53:55 pm »
+1
The thing about password lock is, if you have both servers up it splits the community and less people will play seeing both servers at low population. I get why people don't like it but the best way to sustain the community atm is only 1 server at a time.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 05:05:21 pm »
+3
I would rather play on a 10 player battle server than any pop seige please don't shut down battle just to force a population on seige.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 09:02:41 pm »
+1
I'll explain the reasoning  behind leaving siege locked the rest of the week. I completely understand that some people would rather just have things be the way they were, but in my opinion that's how we were left with empty servers in the first place, some change is always good.

1: Not split the population

2: Will not need a Dev to constantly turn off the XP boost on the server. Can this be timed? idk. If so maybe it wouldn't need to be locked on the other days.

3: Make it more appealing to the masses by making it an event day.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 09:18:02 pm »
+2
man too bad we had the siege server open yesterday and got 50 people to play on some random wednesday
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 02:55:55 am »
+1
The thing about password lock is, if you have both servers up it splits the community and less people will play seeing both servers at low population. I get why people don't like it but the best way to sustain the community atm is only 1 server at a time.

Then make it so the 1 server rotates between the game modes.

If people think that keeping pop on one server is important, it shouldn't only be one group who has to take the bullet. If you want your whole population, come join us on the siege server. I understand how people may not like the siege game type, but I don't get this hypocrisy of people saying its better to keep everyone together, but refuse to unless its their game mode.

Having a server that rotates game modes would solve the problem, since everyone gets what they want.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 05:21:26 am »
+1
the point is you won't ever please the entire population

a gain for one person is a loss for another, and that is the problem here. this is what player choice looks like, and im sorry that crpg having a low population threatens the survival of the mod (welcome to old and dying games).

still, one thing that is crucial for a game's success is player freedom, and that freedom entails players being able to choose what servers they want to play on.

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 05:31:19 am »
+2
the point is you won't ever please the entire population

a gain for one person is a loss for another

Or, both parties can gain something great by giving up something small.  This is called compromise.

Both parties lose some freedom, but gain a sweet-ass mod with different game mods, and enjoy the benefit of the FULL population playing together on one sever all the time.

I would love for there to be one server that just plays a siege map once out of every 5 battle maps or something.  Everyone wins!

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 06:08:56 am »
Or, both parties can gain something great by giving up something small.  This is called compromise.

Both parties lose some freedom, but gain a sweet-ass mod with different game mods, and enjoy the benefit of the FULL population playing together on one sever all the time.

I would love for there to be one server that just plays a siege map once out of every 5 battle maps or something.  Everyone wins!

I wouldn't call that a win, I'd be more happy with one battle map every five maps. If you want compromise from that route. Make it more reasonable. Something a bit more evenly divided.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey