Author Topic: Oh cRPG  (Read 2991 times)

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Oh cRPG
« on: November 17, 2016, 09:31:35 am »
+19
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
Re: Oh cRPG
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 03:23:03 pm »
hm, true

but that also kinda means that we´re in the "good old times" right now or are about to experience some "good old times" in the near future   :mrgreen:

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 12:35:07 am »
+2
I've known during my whole c-rpg playing time that I was experiencing some good fucking times!

It's sad to see c-rpg dead now, but I keep my hopes in OKAM, the 10h-a-day gamer inside me is ready to awaken as soon as the game becomes more finished (and I also need to upgrade my PC a little before I can even launch it).

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 01:50:31 am »
+5
Even if OKAM is as good as it can possibly be, it still won't be good enough for 10h a day. Simply because devs limited themselves and the game to 13th century Europe, so there won't be lots of different armor or exotic and unique (if unrealistic) weapons. Only 13th century stuff, things that are all somewhat similar to each other. Big part of what made cRPG so good for me was the variety of equipment and builds, but it seems like OKAM will be much more realism focused, so not a whole lot of variety. Also skills and attributes in OKAM will be very limited compared to cRPG. You won't be able to put attributes to extreme, only slight, "competitive" alterations to base stats, like maybe up to 10% difference in movement speed for example. So OKAM will be much more balanced, but also boring, because everyone has more or less the same stats. Looks like strength requirements for weapons and armor won't be in the game either, that was also a reason why I really liked cRPG.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 12:26:08 pm »
That's not set in stone though? I think it quite possibly may change in the future.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:29:44 pm by Macropus »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 06:17:15 pm »
+4
To me, it looks like the egg has already been killed. They released it way too early, and the "Do it right the first time" culture did the rest on steam. Now, it's just failed EA game for 70% of the people at best. Guess we'll all buy M&B 2 and wait for another cRPG mod to be created.

Offline Duc_OLIVIERO_loliv

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_OLIVI3RO
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 09:38:59 pm »
+1
deeply the release of M&B2  :wink:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 2112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 04:22:49 pm »
+12
OKAM is too serious for my liking. Early cRPG was so endearing, unrealistic, with funny names and mugs everywhere. Yet at the same time it was bloody medieval simulator. It treaded that fine line and hit it just about perfectly. A little bit of that spirit was removed when they changed names to realistic stuff and balanced game so OP builds became unplayable.

I blame Dutch people like Teeth. Overly serious, incapable of having fun at their own expense, hordes of those came and ruined our nice mod, demanding nerfs, balance, seriousness.

When I think about it, those little Russian twiglets that eternally run with Xbows trolling whole server injected more fluff into this game than any I2Pr04U 2H retarded barbarian children from welfare countries of Europe ever did.

Now with people like unfunny Jacko at helm, OKAM will never have that kind of adorable spirit gracing it.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 07:10:06 am »
OKAM is too serious for my liking. Early cRPG was so endearing, unrealistic, with funny names and mugs everywhere. Yet at the same time it was bloody medieval simulator. It treaded that fine line and hit it just about perfectly. A little bit of that spirit was removed when they changed names to realistic stuff and balanced game so OP builds became unplayable.

I blame Dutch people like Teeth. Overly serious, incapable of having fun at their own expense, hordes of those came and ruined our nice mod, demanding nerfs, balance, seriousness.

When I think about it, those little Russian twiglets that eternally run with Xbows trolling whole server injected more fluff into this game than any I2Pr04U 2H retarded barbarian children from welfare countries of Europe ever did.

somehow i totally agree with this post. I will just wait for bannerlord and Mercs/cRPG 2.
Now with people like unfunny Jacko at helm, OKAM will never have that kind of adorable spirit gracing it.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 09:19:52 am »
+1
Looney toon axe, Boulder on a stick and spawnkilling with firebomb was the perfect description of cRPG.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 11:06:10 am »
+5
See you guys in Mount&Blade 2

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 12:23:06 pm »
+2

Cant blame the players for how the balancing went. There will always be tryhards, but if the game caters too them too much then it obviously falls off on other parts. And then of course basically everyone in the mod was calling for the nerfs, 2h stabs too strong, polestun op, archery op, crossbows op. I think only 1h got buffed and so it was quite enjoyable to play through out.

Besides, you were one of the most disgusting 2h just running around the flanks being a bytch, so you werent much better than those you blame.

I also loved the crazy early crpg, really op weapons, goofy haircolors etc. Not sure how it wouldve worked with how good players became later on though.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 02:27:16 pm »
There used to be a de_dust2 map in the cRPG map rotation, what happened to that? :(

Offline Arjay

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: RJ
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 10:26:07 pm »
+3
Mod was destined to die when they decided to change Defend the Virgin to Defend the Viscount. 

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 10:35:55 am »
+1
Mod was destined to die when they decided to change Defend the Virgin to Defend the Viscount. 

They ran out of village virgins to protect.