Author Topic: Meanwhile in Space  (Read 11884 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Space
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2016, 12:12:52 pm »
+1
Colliding Galaxies in Stephans Quintet:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Will either of these galaxies survive? In what might be dubbed as a semi-final round in a galactic elimination tournament, the two spirals of NGC 7318 are colliding. The featured picture was created from images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. When galaxies crash into each other, many things may happen including gravitational distortion, gas condensing to produce new episodes of star formation, and ultimately the two galaxies combining into one. Since these two galaxies are part of Stephan's Quintet, a final round of battling galaxies will likely occur over the next few billion years with the eventual result of many scattered stars and one large galaxy. Quite possibly, the remaining galaxy will not be easily identified with any of its initial galactic components. Stephan's Quintet was the first identified galaxy group, lies about 300 million light years away, and is visible through a moderately-sized telescope toward the constellation of the Winged Horse (Pegasus).

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2016, 02:05:34 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Even guns look better in space. Space without guns is like Russian without cyka.

They look better if they keep at least a bit close to realism and/or plausibility. Bolters look like nerf-guns to me

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2016, 04:03:52 pm »

Rosetta mission:
Warning: full docu 44min long

On Planet earth: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2834451/Philae-comet-probe-scientist-embroiled-sexism-row-shirt-featuring-scantily-clad-women.html
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:41:13 pm by Admerius »

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2016, 05:42:16 pm »
+1
Elon Musk for ruler of the world please.

And let's replace ocean and ground transport with airships powered by green, pollution-free technology (kite sails and solar panels anyone? eh? eh?).
You're welcome for the idea Elon and whoever... I don't need any money, just get rid of all these roads and allow me to eat seafood again; let nature regenerate.
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1138
  • Infamy: 186
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2016, 08:17:11 pm »
I have an idea to buy this neighborhood I'm living in, build some temporary homes on other site not too far from here, to move residents. Trash these commie buildings, wreck roads. Build those transportation tubes Elon is working on, both underground and on the surface. Create a ton of green areas in between, ton of little hills that will operate as small houses (hobbiton). Then build a huge white city on top of that made of some sort  of ceramic compound above connected with stairs and elevators, just like Anor Londo. With few green islands in between, flying in the air (magnetism and other tricks). Introduce flying bikes as inter building way of transportation. Will claim it our land and secede from the rest of what is surrounding us, offering them free membership and expansion on our terms (you have to become like us in order to join).

However, I'm short on resources. It would be awesome if Elon could lend me one asteroid mine rich with precious metals. I'll pay him back when we become world leading economy.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2016, 09:54:41 pm »
+1
As soon as I get rich I will contact you Leshma, you seem like a solid fellow.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2016, 10:20:40 pm »
+1

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2016, 09:36:24 am »
An exoplanet was found orbiting Proxima Centauri, a star closest to our star just 4 light years away

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/deep-space/news/a22522/nearest-planet-proxima-b/