Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Art
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2016, 01:49:06 am »
Yes, it's great drawing, but cmon, don't act like 5 year old  because someone downvoted your post.

Why it's so hard to understand that this downvote button is for a reason and you don't need to explain why you pressed it. Noone asks me: "why did you upvote my post?".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2016, 02:07:10 am »
Yes, it's great drawing, but cmon, don't act like 5 year old  because someone downvoted your post.

Why it's so hard to understand that this downvote button is for a reason and you don't need to explain why you pressed it. Noone asks me: "why did you upvote my post?".
make me
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2016, 04:02:05 am »
I have zero problems with myself, but your eagerness to sink so low says a lot about you.

I have no problems understanding your very simple point of view. It is after all the point of view of an obnoxious child.

Which is okay. No one is forcing you to try harder than to glance at the world around you. No one is forcing you to try to understand. It is after all the easier position to take.
It's not low, it's just facts and the truth.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2016, 03:32:51 pm »
+3
are memes art?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2016, 05:14:26 pm »
+4
I remember I saw one of his paintings in London probably 10 years ago. I had no idea who he was. It was simply a huge painting in an imposible deep blood red color. My heart started beating out of nowhere. I have no idea why, but it had a direct emotional effect. Just a big red rectangle. Must have been something like this: 
(click to show/hide)

(by the way, a picture on your screen doesn't do it justice.)

To this day I dunno why it was so effective. Must have been something deeply human? My mood that day? Fear? Some deep instinctual programming surfacing?

I guess my point is, if you are interested in the human experience, the human condition, experiencing in your life, thoughts and emotions not readily served everyday, it's worth it to not just be dismissive, but rather open. All art is not for everyone, but there might be something there for you too.

and here my friends is how to blow a simple red rectangle WAY out of proportion

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2016, 05:33:50 pm »
+2
are memes art?

Only if someone used a minimum of a thousand hours in Ms-Paint to create it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2016, 05:54:20 pm »
+3

and here my friends is how to blow a simple red rectangle WAY out of proportion
No vibe you don't understand, if someone shits on a canvas and calls it modern art you're just a narrowminded pleb if you don't see the beauty and deep thoughtfulness of it. It probably depicts something like a deeply internalized fear of intimacy, you're just too stupid to get it.

It's like the best con ever, all the easily fooled retards will literally force meaning out of something that has no meaning, and then tip their fedoras as they smile smugly to themselves because they "get" something that the unwashed masses don't.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »
No vibe you don't understand, if someone shits on a canvas and calls it modern art you're just a narrowminded pleb if you don't see the beauty and deep thoughtfulness of it. It probably depicts something like a deeply internalized fear of intimacy, you're just too stupid to get it.

It's like the best con ever, all the easily fooled retards will literally force meaning out of something that has no meaning, and then tip their fedoras as they smile smugly to themselves because they "get" something that the unwashed masses don't.

It's okay Xant. What's next, hating on those with university degrees? Everyone who understands and enjoy something you don't?

Everybody gets your point. And it's the perspective of a child. The art world dealt with all that around 100 years ago. It just looks incredibly ignorant championing such attitudes today.

You are simply displaying your ignorance like the peasant that you are. Like you think that humans have nothing worthy to show or experience other than classicist art or immediate beauty. Since you seem to have ambitions of coming across as an intelligent person, I suggest you start reading up.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2016, 08:06:50 pm »
+1
It's okay Xant. What's next, hating on those with university degrees? Everyone who understands and enjoy something you don't?

Everybody gets your point. And it's the perspective of a child. The art world dealt with all that around 100 years ago. It just looks incredibly ignorant championing such attitudes today.

You are simply displaying your ignorance like the peasant that you are. Like you think that humans have nothing worthy to show or experience other than classicist art or immediate beauty. Since you seem to have ambitions of coming across as an intelligent person, I suggest you start reading up.
You can stop trying to hard, wow, university degree, amazing... oh wait, it's not the fucking 1800s anymore, retard. The majority of people in this thread telling you you're full of shit HAVE university degrees, which you'd realize if your IQ wasn't 70, and that's an optimistic estimate.

You can go enjoy eating some dog shit if you want, that's nothing away from me, as long as you don't try to sell it as some sort of a culinary experience (omfg, you're all so narrow minded, why won't you eat dog shit? perspective of a child!!!!). You realize -- well, on balance, probably not, since it's you -- that all of your arguments have literally, yes, literally, zero information value. All you can do is sling petty insults and affect an air of superiority, and I get it, I do, because what else are you going to do? There's no fucking substance in your dear "modern art" and so yeah, it's hard to defend it with actual arguments instead of "human experience :((." Also, ANYTHING, anything can be defended with the same non-arguments that you're putting forth - starting from "dog shit as a culinary experience" and ending at "yeah I burped and the meaning of life is in that burp - you don't agree?? CHILD!!!!!!!"
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 929
  • Infamy: 1039
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2016, 08:07:52 pm »
Intelligence leads to logical thinking. What you are saying isn't logical at all. You can't call him ignorant because he doesn't see beauty of red circle. It is other way around actually, claiming there is something but people don't get is rather ignorant view on things. When you say there is something other than red painted circle on canvas you are ignoring fact that there is nothing other than red pained circle on that very canvas. That is my friend, is ignorance.

Classical paintings with great detail thrived in age of enlightenment, when people started valuing reason and logic above everything else. Period when humanity invented so many things, just because they used their biggest advantage over other animals. Reason. Don't you think there is a connection between their focus on logic and reason and their penchant for beautiful work of art that actually takes time and commitment to detail?

Saying how things are does not fall under ignorance. Claiming that there is something that isn't, can be considered as example of ignorance.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2016, 08:15:04 pm »
Intelligence leads to logical thinking. What you are saying isn't logical at all. You can't call him ignorant because he doesn't see beauty of red circle. It is other way around actually, claiming there is something but people don't get is rather ignorant view on things. When you say there is something other than red painted circle on canvas you are ignoring fact that there is nothing other than red pained circle on that very canvas. That is my friend, is ignorance.

Classical paintings with great detail thrived in age of enlightenment, when people started valuing reason and logic above everything else. Period when humanity invented so many things, just because they used their biggest advantage over other animals. Reason. Don't you think there is a connection between their focus on logic and reason and their penchant for beautiful work of art that actually takes time and commitment to detail?

Saying how things are does not fall under ignorance. Claiming that there is something that isn't, can be considered as example of ignorance.
If someone pointed at empty air and said it's a modernistic piece of performance art Thomek would applaud loudly and proclaim he's never seen its equal, wow, the entire world represented in such a little space, amazing -- because he's intellectually dishonest and can't separate reality from fantasy, on top of not understanding how logic in general works... well, it's probably a combination of lack of intellectual capacity and intellectual dishonesty coming together in a spectacular combination of arrogant ignorance, but hey, no one's stupid on purpose.

What's the difference between the finger painting of a child and the masterpiece of a modern artist? The gullible people being conned. When there's no actual, real world difference between the two, the only possible conclusion can be that there is no difference between the two.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2016, 08:16:21 pm »
+1
@Thomek
Andrzej Sapkowski has a saying: when readers say that your book ain't worth shit, it doesn't mean they're too stupid to understand it. It means your book ain't worth shit (traductor traditor, yes). So maybe, just maybe, it's not that easy like you suggest. Dunno how good is your grasp of polish language and literature, but maybe you've heard about Ferdydurke by Gombrowicz and his: "jak zachwyca, kiedy nie zachwyca".

PS. The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:19:49 pm by Falka »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2016, 10:31:35 pm »
bla bla

I would say the exact opposite. Almost everything around you gets much more interesting and have layers of information the ignorant will not see. The ignorant sees a rock, to a geologist it might be signs that there's valuable minerals around, or not. When it comes to human made objects, it often gets way more interesting, since you can take into account human evolution and development as well.

If someone pointed at empty air and said it's a modernistic piece of performance art Thomek would applaud loudly and proclaim he's never seen its equal, wow, the entire world represented in such a little space, amazing -- because he's intellectually dishonest and can't separate reality from fantasy, on top of not understanding how logic in general works... well, it's probably a combination of lack of intellectual capacity and intellectual dishonesty coming together in a spectacular combination of arrogant ignorance, but hey, no one's stupid on purpose.

What's the difference between the finger painting of a child and the masterpiece of a modern artist? The gullible people being conned. When there's no actual, real world difference between the two, the only possible conclusion can be that there is no difference between the two.

So mr Logic. Tell me how music works? Tell me why people cry when they see the paintings of Munch? Can you logically explain me why you enjoy cRPG?
(click to show/hide)

Stuff like the above were things decried as "bad art" in his time. By people like you. What do you think? Is it powerful?

Is it worse than this, that obviously took much more _skill_ to make:

(click to show/hide)

Art is not a sport, where one can logically conclude that runner A runs 17ms faster than runner B. It is a matter of taste and knowledge, like many other things. If you say your general experience of modern art is bad, and that you don't understand, well, then to me that says something about you. That's all I'm expressing here.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:41:20 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1658
  • Infamy: 720
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2016, 11:49:25 pm »

This is how you do when you want to shorten quote. Putting bla bla is a bit disrespectful and I'm not sure why you should do that to me when Xant is insulting you whole time.

Still don't understand what geology, rock formation and minerals have to do with square painted with red on white canvas. Maybe if there was something beneath it, some secret but in our case there is no such thing. Or there is, but we are so ignorant we're unable to see it? If you ask me, some serious straw grabbing going on in this thread from your side.

Can you logically explain me why you enjoy cRPG?

Two reasons. Fairly complex combat system allowing different outcome every time is what makes people want to learn it and play. Grind is what keeps them around for unnatural amount of hours spent on a game. chadz is responsible only for second part of equation.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2016, 12:05:22 am »
Tell me why people cry when they see the paintings of Munch? Can you logically explain me why you enjoy cRPG?
(click to show/hide)

People cry to Braco, a spiritual leader who has a magical look. For convenience he even does it over Skype! No words, just a look man, extremely powerful stuff! GAZE OF MIRACLES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBbLPnQ-CEw&t=7m0s 7:00

See this is something that is very hard to logically explain. I equate looking at a red square with being looked at by Braco. However on the other hand it's kinda easy to understand why someone would enjoy cRPG.