Author Topic: Xbow change  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
Xbow change
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:15:09 am »
+11
I don't mind that crossbows were nerfed, again(something like the 9th time?).  What I do care about is the lack of consideration with the updates.  The change has made all of the xbows the same.  The difference in reload time is so tiny there really isn't any reason to use the different types.  I don't believe the new Arb delay randomly appearing for shots with the Heavy Crossbow was intended either(which is really aggravating when it randomly causes you to miss shots).  Before, there was a point to using different Crossbows.  The normal Crossbow as the reload difference allowed you to get more shots off in a map where there are more close quarters.  The Heavy Crossbow allows you to put down harder hitting shots but have to rely more on your team for time to get those shots off.  The Arbalest is maximum power with an ungodly reload that rewards making your shots count and punishes missed shots the most.  On a more spread out map you want heavier damage especially against Cav who otherwise would not take much note from your lighter damaging normal crossbow.  You also have to take into account how armored their infantry is.  Not to mention heavy cav get a free pass on you since they don't care about lighter damage.  I liked the mix of having the different types of Crossbows, it felt like there was a point to them and I would normally switch out crossbows according to how my team was doing/the layout of the map.

The point is that I would like to see diversity with weapon choice.  And with the recent change I feel that was taken away.  Instead of different types of Crossbow, it's all the same.  I don't mind if you feel you need to increase the reload times to further "balance" the game towards only having archers in this game... just make sure you keep the intent of well thought out choices to keep the game interesting for all players.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Xbow change
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 01:24:00 am »
+2
And it really sucks with the light and hunting xbows- they shouldn't take nearly as long as they do now to reload. It feels like an old arb as far as reload. You can reload a musket in NW's faster, I wont bring up native because you could always reload native xbows faster(like bow in crpg fast)  :mad: :cry: :(
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 01:57:16 am »
+1
One of the biggest reasons I played C-RPG was because the items were more balanced out, but now it seems archers got given a massive buff and Xbows a massive nerf. Not the right direction at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:05:33 am »
+1
I mostly don't care because I'm cav, but my PTSD addled all, SGT JOE CHARLIEEVERYWHERE can't use his light Xbox anymore. He's broke.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 01:21:41 am »
+1
The easy solution is to just ban all ranged.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Akavirius

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Republic of Wercheg
  • Game nicks: Tanit, Darth_Beggar, Matilda, HibouHibou, Ishak, Ritter_Dora, Shrek_is_Love xXx_420N0Sc0P3_xXx
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »
+1
The arbalest is fine now in my opinion, the sniper of cRPG : strong, accurate, fast projectile, slow as fuck to reload. But i think that the lighter crossbows have lost their purpose now because of the huge reload time increase, especially on horseback.

I didn't play with the lighter crossbows since last patch though, don't know how bad they are.

Maybe, a solution to revive mounted crossbow, reduce the reload speed penalty on horseback.
Tanit Aeronautics - The Kerbal Space Program where we send probes before Kerbals, except for those test pilots that died. Rest In Pepperoni

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 04:23:00 pm »
+1
The arbalest is fine now in my opinion, the sniper of cRPG : strong, accurate, fast projectile, slow as fuck to reload. But i think that the lighter crossbows have lost their purpose now because of the huge reload time increase, especially on horseback.

I didn't play with the lighter crossbows since last patch though, don't know how bad they are.

Maybe, a solution to revive mounted crossbow, reduce the reload speed penalty on horseback.

I agree with that, Arbalest is in a good enough place currently, it's just that the other crossbows should be rolled back.

And just for some clarification HX is dead because of the update, I got hit by a HX and it did less than 5% of my health in the hit I took to the chest, in medium armour.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 05:01:06 am »
+4
I agree with that, Arbalest is in a good enough place currently, it's just that the other crossbows should be rolled back.

And just for some clarification HX is dead because of the update, I got hit by a HX and it did less than 5% of my health in the hit I took to the chest, in medium armour.

I don't think anyone understands the current situation with crossbows. Right now, there is no variety and balance is based on flat stat progression when there should be a difference in utility: different crossbows filling different roles. Right now every crossbow is exactly the same:
Arbalest: weak damage, high accuracy, low skill sink.
Heavy: weak damage, high accuracy, low skill sink.
Crossbow: weak damage, high accuracy, low skill sink.
Light crossbow: weak damage, high accuracy, low skill sink.
Hunting crossbow: weak damage, high accuracy, low skill sink.

Anyone that has done any damage tests with any of the crossbows wouldn't come to the conclusion that they are currently fine.  The entire patch needs reverted and rethought by people that actually play range.

Rolling back on any one specific item (bows/xbows (specific bows/xbows) would result in even more lopsided balance; rerolling the lighter crossbows would render arbalest, and heavy (even more useless than now) many of the people that are currently satisfied with the state of crossbows are the same people that couldn't land shots before due to spec'ing to heavily into melee or wearing armor that was just way to heavy with not enough wpf in xbow to counter the penalties effectively. These are the same people with mostly hybrid builds. Any dedicated xbowers would tell you this patch sucks and removes all rewarding game-play from this class and can be seen as a massive nerf to any dedicated xbower. Currently if you spec more than 130 wpf in xbow you are retarded.

This change makes it x10 easier to land what would be considered "skilled" shots previously while investing little to no wpf. WPF should have been increased on xbows, not decreased which is the current state.

At the very least, damage should be restored to pre-patch levels while In addition to the proposed changes, revert missile speed on all previously changed weapons back to pre-patch vales and tweak reload speed. Each xbow should fulfill a niche and not be progressively stronger versions of itself.

All strength requirements should be dropped  down 2 to 3 strength requirement. Currently the +9 strength requirement in comparison to the patch of destiny is an over compensation; San has already increased crossbows by +3 to account for the higher levels(which was not enough.), your +6 from san's change results in a void of higher levels. My level 37 is no different than my previous level 29 build from pre-patch of destiny. -2 or 3 strength would be a more reasonable strength value in unison with the other proposed changes.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:01:24 am by Nightingale »

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 10:48:43 am »
I agree with nightingale and I would like to add the point he didn't mention.The speed rates of crossbows are very low,generally,you can shot 3-4 bolts before you die in each round because it is very slow.As a crossbow player i feel like i am not playing this game because %80 of the time i am playing the game, i am actually doing nothing and waiting for the character to reload the bolt.

Do developpers even play this game? I play it all day long ,there are no crossbows left in the servers.This nerf was very innecassary xbows were bad anyways.
The thing i demand from developers is that they should take the suggestions of trustable xbow players before they do a buff or a nerf.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 06:41:00 pm »
Obviously the damage is weaker than before, this is because they were ALL nerfed, however, Arbalest worked fine for me when I used it, I was still getting kills whilst using it, however, with every other crossbow I got fuck all, it's not as black and white as "They're all shit" because they're NOT all shit, the majority are, however from the tests I've done in game with the Arbalest, it performs fine.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 10:59:58 pm »
+1
Man today i figured out why I've been ass with my crossbow in strat fights. I've actually been compensating for range/people moving when you literally just point it directly at them and hit them instantly from a cross the map. Please change it back to how it was before where it actually took even the smallest amount of trying to get these shots off.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 11:09:12 am »
+2
Obviously the damage is weaker than before, this is because they were ALL nerfed, however, Arbalest worked fine for me when I used it, I was still getting kills whilst using it, however, with every other crossbow I got fuck all, it's not as black and white as "They're all shit" because they're NOT all shit, the majority are, however from the tests I've done in game with the Arbalest, it performs fine.

Arbalest is fine if you are a low skilled hybrid with minimal skill sink; currently if you try to dedicate to arbalest any further than 130 WPF you are taking away from your melee capabilities unnecessarily and the accuracy is so insanely high that 4 years of practice is now equal to picking it up as an infantry player and shooting it.

I'm not saying they are all shit. I'm saying they are all 100% different in meta than before and this change was unwarranted and unwanted. The longer we wait to revert the changes completely the more people will cry when we do because they will probably see it as some kind of nerf when in actuality it is just restoring game play back to how it's suppose to be.

Man today i figured out why I've been ass with my crossbow in strat fights. I've actually been compensating for range/people moving when you literally just point it directly at them and hit them instantly from a cross the map. Please change it back to how it was before where it actually took even the smallest amount of trying to get these shots off.

Yeah probably the main reason I'm not playing the game right now because of how unrewarding the gameplay is and if I decide to play I just run around with a stick and my peasant dress.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »
+1
Make the arbalest and indirect fire weapon with splash damage.  Add poison to the regular crossbow.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Gryph_Hawkshade

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Thanks for coming out.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Gryphter & Rypht
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 03:46:48 pm »
+4
I agree with the general direction of this post.

Please revert changes on xbows. They were indeed perfect before patch, the slot requirements took care of the general problem caused by ppl Arbin and 2hnding

If we keep the Archer buff then they should be on par now... if not still strongly favoring the archers.

I dont see any of my fellow part-time xbow friends anymore.
Man with hands in pants all day, feels....
Cocky.

Offline Mr_Sativa

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • What would you think?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars & Ninja
  • Game nicks: Libertine_Sol, Ronin_Sennin, etc.
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 09:37:34 pm »
+1
Damn, I miss "the old c-rpg", with the better crossbows, old bows, old horse archers and horse crossbow men. Honestly, keep much of the reload time on some of the xbows, but fix the damage, the accuracy, fix the bows and the cav-ranged, and we'll all be enjoying big fight fests for months!