Author Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront... Looking for people to play with  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Battlefront... Looking for people to play with
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 08:12:18 pm »
The part that I dont understand is that what made you even hope in the first place? Its EA, the fcking publisher for Battlefield, CoD and every year the exact same sports games that has a higher number in their title, which is the only excuse to charge another 60 bucks for little to no effort at all. If the developers ever even had the intention to fill it with awesome content, EA probably put the massive breaks on it and in the best case scenario ripped it to overpriced dlcs.

There is absolutely NOTHING, to hope from this publisher. Without any shame they have by now blandified every title they have ever touched. Even the fucking SIMS. Those guys are so shit, they even managed to blandify motherfcking SIMS. Like seriuslly? What? How do you....even? Even their extremely overpriced shameless dlcs are completely baren of content.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 08:53:05 pm »
Hans I don't understand why you even bought it in the first place. It sounds like you didn't watch any review of the thing.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 09:21:14 pm »
+1
How this game could have been great, in two simple steps:

- symmetric spawning
- restricted grenades/sniper

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 08:54:14 pm »
How this game could have been great, in two simple steps:

- symmetric spawning
- restricted grenades/sniper

that's just two steps in a staircase of thousand steps, that's how far this game is from being great

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »
I would maybe add :

- the health regen system = heals you from 1 to 100 HP after like 5 seconds of no damage, in maybe 2 seconds tops. Casual at its best.
- the vehicle/hero/special items spawn system = thanks to spawning randomly, anyone can play vehicles/heroes and its easy to restock your on ace cards. But since you can hardly predict where, pubbers just inc and grab it because its shiny and do random shit and die, with no real decision making or underlying strategy.
- the unlock system/lack of class system = completely unbalanced, you want people to be able to play different roles with different stuff, not play enough time so that they unlock the best gear and be the rebel/stormtrooper forever, making the game stagnant.

I've played the BETA and for me the game was tons of fun for hours long, only playing one gamemode. Not to add, fucking beautiful with high constant FPS on my 4yo PC. This game is the best graphic/optimisation game ever.
The spawns and grenade/sniper spam is really whats making the "end game" horrible, when you know the maps and your actual chance of success in most situations. You want to become master of the field thanks to your experience, but the game forces you to be just a guy in a star wars meat grinder. You will always get one shotted or grenaded from time to time, there's no real way you can survive and feel your character for more than a minute (when you do, its a thrill!).
If you're okay with arcade its a really great game though, especially if you love Star Wars.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 12:24:05 am »
+2
EA games are like incredibly, marvelously beautiful boxes with literally nothing inside, that cost 100+ euros to be complete, why the fuck are you even bothering ?

You gotta be either naive or fucking retarded to expect anything from EA, Overkill, or any other shitty publisher. Hell, even Tripwire introduced microtransactions in KF2 and confirmed there will be DLCs. It's a problem in gaming. I just wish, I just fucking wish chadz won't do that to MBG, ever. Just making an empty game, filled with overpriced DLCs and microtransactions, is enough for me to hate the ones who did it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:27:53 am by Algarn »

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »
I tend to agree with all the above posts, but now (two years after release) BF4 is actually pretty good especially if you can get it with the premium for around $25.  I wouldn't be surprised if  SW:BF turns out to  be really good and reasonably priced 2 years from now as well.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 11:01:08 pm »
I tend to agree with all the above posts, but now (two years after release) BF4 is actually pretty good especially if you can get it with the premium for around $25.  I wouldn't be surprised if  SW:BF turns out to  be really good and reasonably priced 2 years from now as well.
I like BF4 also, lots of content, so many weapons, so many attachments for weapons, so many vehicles and vehicles are even customizable. Near endless progression to the point where I never see myeself unlocking everying... EVER. good graphics, decent sound, haven't run into any hackers lately. Gameplay is fun. although singleplayer campaign sucks, Battlefield games have never been about singleplayer imo...
It's true the SW: Battlefront could grow into something much better with new DLC, it definitely crossed my mind... and maybe if it gets good reviews in the future after 3 or more DLC's have released and once the price has dropped I will give it another shot but as a standalone $60 game it is such trash. It honestly feels like a game demo... such an astoundingly small amount of content and very little attention to map balancing.

Hans I don't understand why you even bought it in the first place. It sounds like you didn't watch any review of the thing.
This is true... I just saw "New battlefront game" and clicked buy with high hopes.
I liked battlefront II a lot <3
Only after I purchased it and began playing it and found it kind of weak, I went and saw what reviews it was getting.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:07:12 pm by Sir_Hans »