Author Topic: Dev Blog #2 What is Melee?  (Read 27814 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Dev Blog #2 What is Melee?
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2015, 11:57:19 am »
+3
When I did the base building in Fallout 4 it at first looked like a stronghold mode ripoff or whatever it was called to me. chadz being ahead of his time again.

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2015, 05:41:10 pm »
Why is Harald not in the last video?

And what is he doing now? (He was doing the web stuff iirc)
Do the players need to check the website to play or are we just able to play the game without doing something in the browser?
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2015, 09:57:58 am »
Why is Harald not in the last video?

And what is he doing now? (He was doing the web stuff iirc)
:cry: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2015, 06:54:18 am »
-There will be a persistent open-world map like PW mod where you can also kill people, build, craft, live. It is said that two tradesman in one city can kill the other so in this case is it perma-death?

-There will be a political map like Strategus. So just like Strategus battles, event-like battles will take place and it will change the political map, what will happen to the open-world then, what will happen DURING that "event" in open-world?

-There will be also servers to fight battles without having the fear of death? Don't you think there are too many "scenes" and can you give a clean explanation of what happens, in where?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gaz3545, Gaz.Spencer, Von_Smittenden
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2015, 07:53:07 pm »
A political map should only be for the purpose of planning for battles/strategy, but in my mind, there should just be one massive map. A way to sort of "quick travel" or let bots do it for you might be a good idea, but you should be able to physically explore/roam the entire map. Otherwise it will just feel like a multiplayer M&B campaign. Either way I'd still enjoy it, but I'd prefer it to be one big explorable map.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2015, 11:14:14 am »
A political map should only be for the purpose of planning for battles/strategy, but in my mind, there should just be one massive map. A way to sort of "quick travel" or let bots do it for you might be a good idea, but you should be able to physically explore/roam the entire map. Otherwise it will just feel like a multiplayer M&B campaign. Either way I'd still enjoy it, but I'd prefer it to be one big explorable map.
You should change the way You write shit down. I almost thought you were a retard. After further analysis I finally got it. Still looks weird on paper. Please read an english book of a story you like. It will help you with that kind of thing alot.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2015, 12:42:39 pm »
+1
Douche,

His written English makes perfect sense, and it's written conversationally.

The only thing that makes zero sense is where you've chosen to highlight individual bits in different colours.
You're 100% right. I didn't realize the difference between a multiplayer map and a MB multiplayer campaign map, because I got so puzzled by the style of his writing. I only did, once I had written the post, but I decided to post it anyways. Just for flame.  :rolleyes:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2015, 03:39:13 pm »
+3

Yeah, I agree with everything except for "quick travel". You should have to go everywhere by yourself... this constant quick traveling is what made PlanetSide2 really lame for me. How am I supposed to experience the vastness of the map if I can go everywhere with just a couple of clicks?
I disabled quick travel in Skyrim for that very reason.

It may be a little hardcore and too much effort, but I kinda like the idea of there being no magic map on the UI, and all maps must be player-created. Hell, maybe even add an in-game map-making tool and the option to buy/sell maps from other players as merchants. It would add to the sense of a 'player-driven economy' that I believe the devs are aiming for.

I'm with you there. That's what I liked about Mortal Online. There is no ingame map so you have to remember the landscape which makes it far more immersive.
However, I think there could be an ingame map that just shows a plain map with no markers where you are or any settlements. Otherwise you'll have to open your browser on a second screen and google for a map.

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2015, 07:02:04 pm »
Maybe not quick travel, but travel that's NPC run, for traveling long distances with an army, say. Cause remember, they don't want grind.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2015, 01:47:37 am »
-There will be a persistent open-world map like PW mod where you can also kill people, build, craft, live. It is said that two tradesman in one city can kill the other so in this case is it perma-death?

-There will be a political map like Strategus. So just like Strategus battles, event-like battles will take place and it will change the political map, what will happen to the open-world then, what will happen DURING that "event" in open-world?

-There will be also servers to fight battles without having the fear of death? Don't you think there are too many "scenes" and can you give a clean explanation of what happens, in where?

Still need replies to confusion.

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2015, 03:51:47 pm »
+1
Sorry, didn't find if someone already asked but will there be stamina in Alpha or later version? And if so, how it is implemented?

I always desired stamina in cRPG to prevent running (around a map) and makes teammates stick together more likely when ultimate hero solo playing style wouldn't work. Something like too much running would:
- WPF drops temporary by X value (80% stamina bar is left)
- PS drops temporary by X value (50% stamina bar is left)
- Ath, PS, WPF drops even more temporary while stamina bar is shrinking
- Eventually character will be completed exhausted (stamina bar 0%) -> PS1, WPF 1, and Ath1
- When character stays still and rest, all WPF, PS, Ath values will be restore to normal.

Just my idea how stamina could work in cRPG world. I hope you have better ideas and it will be implemented in M:BG, thanks!

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2015, 05:54:57 pm »
And then it ends up like in Life is Feudal where everybody runs for 2 seconds and then hillariously stops because they're out of breath...

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2015, 06:33:47 pm »
Still need replies to confusion.
(OPEN WORLD/grassgrassgrass[CASTLE]grasslakegrass)
someone starts siege at CASTLE
(OPEN WORLD/grassgrassgrass[INSTANCED CASTLE SIEGE]grasslakegrass)
someone at lake decides to go to CASTLE
walks through some grass and finds out that it's been besieged
So he walks up to it and gets transferred to another scene, in this case INSTANCED CASTLE SIEGE

Meanwhile people at a different server hack each others heads off without the fear of permadeath.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »
+7
Just to clear up (again).

The instanced "non permadeath" mode, is going to be there so that IF you are tired of Epic, and just want to jump in and kill something, you can. Some players might be disinterested in Epic, have little time to spend, while others just want a break from it. Battle/Siege-like gamemodes are fundamentally different from Epic, in that they do scratch that quick adrenaline itch in a short time.

At the same time, it is another arena to meet and fight players that in Epic might be far away, or even on another server. Connecting the gamemodes together in a meaningful way, while at the same time keeping insta-battles lighter and less serious than Epic, will be a goal.

We are also planning to develop Battle/Siege gamemodes further to make it more interesting/better too! Playtesting will reveal what will float and what will sink. Expect experiments with priority players, movable spawns, custom-quality maps etc. It's a real challenge to create an idiot-proof, balanced and fun gamemode that creates varied battles.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gaz.Spencer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2016, 05:59:32 am »
Will there be bleeding in Melee, because in real life if a sword makes a big hole in you, you tend to bleed. Maybe a bandage or something to stop bleeding? This isn't necessary for the game but it would certainly make it interesting. I'm sure people would disagree with me and that's fine, I do understand that keeping to the Warband formula is what most people want.