Author Topic: Decided to try out Mounted ranged... Horse Archer  (Read 10881 times)

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
Re: Decided to try out Mounted ranged... Horse Archer
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2015, 04:41:56 pm »
+3
buff katana.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2015, 06:26:04 pm »
I too enjoy watching people play really well, no matter the class.

Yup
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:57:09 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2015, 06:29:57 pm »
Its fairly obvious that you forgot something

Comparing the classes.
Ranged can attack from a distance but can be chased down unless they hide upstairs that cav cant get em.
+1 -1 +1
Melee has to close the distance to attack but they can chase down ranged. they can also have a big fat Shield to hid behind
-1 +1 +1
Lance and bump cav can outrun and chase down, but they have to close the distance to attack, leaving themselves vulnerable. Due to being 20% faster than HA/HX they can ride away from any danger.
+1 -1 +1
Horse ranged can attack from a distance but can loose horse to an Archer,cav,melee
+1 -1

Please Hatemore, dont use logic..... most developers and balancers have no clue what it means. And rather rely on their own mediocre player conceived idea's  8-)

Usually when i type here on the forums, i get someone with autism to translate for me.

Basicly,

1# Get owned -> Make nerf thread
2# Get owned -> Make hacks thread
3# get owned -> Lobby on IRC
4# get owned -> Make donations while continued lobbying
5# Autism -> Blame everything except yourself for failing

As you can see, most donators play cavalry
And most nerfs where designed to make Cav life easier
Most Cav has autism

But hey, who's to blame. Without donations CRPG would have pulled the plug months ago i think.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:22:09 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Krax

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Hate_More, Byzantium_Love_More
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2015, 11:34:08 pm »
Dear Krax and friends,

Boy, I nearly had a heart attack from being unable to post in this thread yesterday. I could feel my blood pressure steadily increasing to a fever pitch.

(click to show/hide)
Anyway, let me try one last time to succinctly explain the position of myself, Duster, and others. I feel that no comprehension of our stance has taken place; only perception of "anyone who plays HA should kill themselves no we arent buffing it just remove it ffs" has been reached.

My top priority with any changes to this mod is increased player population. Specifically, I'd like increased skilled melee population. But to make it simple, more motherfuckers in the server on average is my very top priority.

Why are you favoring one part of the players thats just wrong in any game. (10% since there isnt that many skilled melee)

I believe that increasing power of HA will AT LEAST stifle the slow growth of the mod's population, if not decrease it. It doesn't matter to me the magnitude of the decrease; only that it occurs. If you disagree with me on this point, that is fine. Please understand that all I am doing it attempting to properly convey the position I hold. I am not attempting to convince anyone of anything. In fact, I'd say such a thing is a complete fool's errand. Anyone posting in cRPGs public balance forums in 2015 is going to have a pretty set mind.

Why not try and think outside the box, nerfing is just something you do when you have failed at solving the problem.

(click to show/hide)

I do not feel that ranged cavalry is overpowered. I agree with you that it is significantly more difficult to make a large, game-changing impact on a round with ranged cavalry than it is with armoured infantry. And I agree with you that, in order to achieve better balance, ranged cavalry should be made more powerful. Buffed.

However, as previously stated, my priority IS NOT balance. My priority is increased player population. I'm sick of 40 people in NA1 on evenings, 10 of which aren't even a contest to kill. Just memers running around in shirts n' shit.

They why oh why do you keep the long reload on HX the ONLY thing this adds is that the HX will play more defencevly, that leads to the biggest complains about me when i play that im "delaying" well im fucking forced to spent 50% longer time to reload, and since its interuptable i need to stay far fucking away.... so i dont see how you say you want us to be more aggresive in playstyle and nerfs the offensive part of the class....

And AGAIN, feel completely free to disagree and tell me that increased power to ranged cavalry will either do nothing, or god forbid, actually improve server population. That's fine.

It just seems to me that Krax and a couple others simply cannot fathom that someone would not hold perfect balance to be the top concern for changes in cRPG. Like, the shit doesn't compute.

When have i ever said that things need to be perfect balance.... i clearly said that not every class is balanced against one another and there are power gaps, what iv stated is that there isnt a reason to keep a class if you just nerf it into the ground.

I really am sorry to all those players that either have HA/HX/HT(lol) as a main class, or are relatively unable to perform well with other classes. I don't have anything against you personally.

(click to show/hide)

It's just that my own fun is tied to server population. I'm not holding this position because I'm a utilitarian saint that wants the largest possible amount of players to have fun. I do want that, but that's not why I'm posting.

Why not think about other solutions that nerfs.... why not say.... let all horses die when flag spawns... id be more than happy with this if you revert the nerfs... this will even compensate the QQing melee for being so impotent against us. this is just something i pulled out of the air now... but why not think along lines like this.... not nerf nerf nerf.

I'm posting because I want more people to kill, damnit!

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2015, 12:03:36 am »
+1
What about only allowing one quiver on horseback and therefore revert all nerfs.
I think this could be a good solution because HA/HX can enjoy their game but the shortage of ammo will force them to come closer to the enemy to get more hits in and after the ammo is gone they will have to close in to use their melee weapon.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2015, 07:30:02 pm »

Coming up with workarounds takes effort and to implement aswell, nerfs do not. Dota has a great way to deal with balancing, nearly always buffs unless something is stupidly strong, but even then they usually indirectly nerf. Not just destroying certain characters even though it would be easier.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2015, 07:36:15 pm »
Dota has a great way to deal with balancing, nearly always buffs unless something is stupidly strong, but even then they usually indirectly nerf. Not just destroying certain characters even though it would be easier.

Its what ive said before multiple times as well. Most succesfull games dont nerf a single class or thing one at a time.  they buff everything at once. Like you said, Dota style... or like WoW.
Patches where you buff and nerf things will cause greater inbalance , then when you only buff.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:45:03 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2015, 05:25:44 am »
Rohy,

Did you my DL_Archer_Alt HA do any good.

You always laughed at me as I tried to shoot your mamluk(when you full plate/mamluk build)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2015, 04:16:28 am »
+1
buff katana.

Filthy weeaboo, the only thing that needs a bunch is the Long Espada Eslanova.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2015, 02:41:07 pm »
+2
Massive nerf to HA was one of the big reasons I stopped played crpg entirely. Total bullshit.

Sad thing was the devs used to stick up for HA.

I think there may be some miscommunication going on here, so I'll just leave this.

It has nothing but inherent advantages over all other classes, so it has to have bad stats and be difficult to play.

Entirely depends on the situation. For instance a lot of the maps used to be shitty village maps with hills everywhere or cities. Maps which the HA class is easy to intercept and deal with and is at a huge disadvantage on. Sure if we take open flat plains as the standard they would rule supreme from that aspect but that is rarely the case.

Buff HA, bring back GK and then we will see the moaning.

In the old days of CRPG HA did used to be annoying and OP. I could be fairly confident that as the last player on my team I could bring down a lot of the enemy inf if they didn't have any ranged left. That changed with the introduction of flags so delaying or playing till you ran out of arrows wasn't really an issue. There was no reason to nerf anything from that point.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:58:16 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Godfredus

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Selling +3 Two Handed Warhammer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2015, 01:47:46 am »
Don't buff horse archers. Just nerf foot archers to the same ground, so it be balanced then.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2015, 05:46:19 am »
Don't buff horse archers. Just nerf foot archers to the same ground, so it be balanced then.
nerf this idot on forum with hes qq'ing plox :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 723
  • Infamy: 311
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2015, 03:40:59 pm »
+5
How much it cost these days to equip plate horse archer?
How much gold it bleeds over time?
Is group of plated horse archers still unbeatable force like they used to be in the past?
Anyone willing to form a clan of horse archers, like GK or Fallen used to be back in the day?

My intentions are very noble, trying to help poor souls get cured from playing cRPG.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2015, 10:21:18 pm »
HA is still unplayable unless you are Kojiro or Talazar

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile