Author Topic: Decided to try out Mounted ranged... Horse Archer  (Read 10879 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Decided to try out Mounted ranged... Horse Archer
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 01:55:56 pm »
+4
I like how everyone seems in favour for buffs here, while in hate mores thread everyone was hating hardcore  :mrgreen: Nobody likes hatemore, but hes a nice guy on ts i swears.

That was mostly me and Grumbs posting walls of text about why we think ranged cav kills servers, I think.

If balance is the top priority, they should be buffed. It isn't top priority for me and certain other people; server population is. I'm happiest when I have the most people on my team I like to kill folk with, and the most folks on the enemy team to kill. I think ranged cav being in a stronger position would adversely affect average server population, so I am content with it remaining quite underpowered.

Honestly, ranged cav destroys servers and ruins fun for everyone else. Let it stay in the dumpster where it belongs.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 04:06:22 pm »
+1
The only thing I really wonder about is why they nerfed the damage. They should have nerfed the aim, like FUUUUUUUUUUCKING hard and kept the damage! Cuz that would be real horsearchery! Those guys were no snipers. They were running in circles around the enemy and just yolo shot them.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »
And if you're wearing plate and the enemy is a horse archer you also cant do anything. So the classes have been balanced to be equally effective vs each other.

No class should be nerfed that hard, but HA is near-impossible to balance correctly since it takes on zero risk when fighting infantry players. Even foot archers need to constantly watch their backs and drop their bow if being seriously pursued. Generally speaking you want to balance high-risk with high-reward, and since HA is the lowest-risk class to play it sees terrible reward.

You got it all wrong, I can do something when fighting HA, like stand on the damn flag and he can't kill me... Please don't make my puke my mouth when you talk about archers or even xbowers being high risk even somewhat. They are the biggest pussies out of all tbh and should always easily counter HA unless the dumb xbow or archers gets caught out in an open field with their pants down, and even then generally speaking the HA will be outnumbered and the shitties with long bows and arbs will 1 or 2 shot the rider or his horse. There really is no argument to anyone that says HA don't need a buff, because in every way it does... Mod used to be great until all the cry babies came out wanting everything nerfed and Tydues listened to them. Dude was biased as shit and not well versed enough at every build to be judging off of his own skill. There are really only a select few that are...

Honestly, ranged cav destroys servers and ruins fun for everyone else. Let it stay in the dumpster where it belongs.

Oh yeah and lets balance it off of this guys perception.. nice input.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:11:47 pm by ROHYPNOL »
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 05:03:55 pm »
The only thing I really wonder about is why they nerfed the damage. They should have nerfed the aim, like FUUUUUUUUUUCKING hard and kept the damage!

Make an annoying and hard to counter class not require skill, I.E. all the noobs would play it and do good damage while you're defenseless. If anything could kill this mod completely, that would be it.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 06:34:19 pm »
+1
Tydeus

Unfair and wrong.

There was a large discussion about it, we (yeah I was involved) decided something needed to change; 0 risk and good reward isn't conductive to good gameplay. (I was a lvl 34 HA at the time, pre level increase)
So it was nerfed hard.
Worth noting it has been buffed slightly over recent patches, but I doubt it return to former glory.

Offline Akavirius

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Republic of Wercheg
  • Game nicks: Tanit, Darth_Beggar, Matilda, HibouHibou, Ishak, Ritter_Dora, Shrek_is_Love xXx_420N0Sc0P3_xXx
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 08:09:40 pm »
Make an annoying and hard to counter class not require skill, I.E. all the noobs would play it and do good damage while you're defenseless. If anything could kill this mod completely, that would be it.

Good raw damage, but good luck trying to hit your target because of the very low accuracy as it was proposed.
Tanit Aeronautics - The Kerbal Space Program where we send probes before Kerbals, except for those test pilots that died. Rest In Pepperoni

Offline Krax

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Hate_More, Byzantium_Love_More
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 08:10:34 pm »
+2
what i dont understand is why everyone seem to think all classes need to be balanced against every other class. melee isnt supposed to be able to go one on one with a HA/HX.

And we are supposed to be powerfull on a horse.... the drawback is when you loose that horse. since alot of points are put into the skills and stats to ride that horse the power shifts when we loose that horse.

i dont see when ha/hx was 0 risk. And bad players never did good on a HA/HX they rarely ever got the top half of the scoreboard.

I think there is alot of "i think" or "I heard" facts floating around HA. Dont think their nerfs where based on many hard facts. Some of the patch notes almost felt like someone had a personal agenda against the class.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 08:38:14 pm »
1. Horsearchers can't fucking attack from a long range. U don't have enough arrows to just yoloshoot them. U gotta be like atleast 10 meters infront of the enemy. You can only stand with ur horse, but then ure the same as an archer.
2. If you are good at horseranged, u were damn fucking op earlier. No cav even considered attacking u but other horsearchers.
3. Horsearchers are not inaccurate. U can do snipe shots when you're standing and when u go close to the enemy u can actually do fucking well, it's just about knowing the class.

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2015, 08:44:04 pm »
Its fairly obvious that you forgot something

Comparing the classes.
Ranged can attack from a distance but can be chased down.
+1 -1
Melee has to close the distance to attack but they can chase down ranged.
-1 +1
Lance and bump cav can outrun and chase down, but they have to close the distance to attack, leaving themselves vulnerable.
+1 -1
Horse ranged can attack from a distance but can loose horse to an Archer,cav,melee
+1 -1

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2015, 08:53:22 pm »
that makes no sence.... so its closer for the ha than the Archer AND the HA is a bigger target due to the horse....

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 09:00:37 pm »
+1
Its fairly obvious that you forgot something

Comparing the classes.
Ranged can attack from a distance but can be chased down unless they hide upstairs that cav cant get em.
+1 -1 +1
Melee has to close the distance to attack but they can chase down ranged. they can also have a big fat Shield to hid behind
-1 +1 +1
Lance and bump cav can outrun and chase down, but they have to close the distance to attack, leaving themselves vulnerable. Due to being 20% faster than HA/HX they can ride away from any danger.
+1 -1 +1
Horse ranged can attack from a distance but can loose horse to an Archer,cav,melee
+1 -1

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 09:04:37 pm »
So, you think they should function like a foot archer, but on a horse?
well listening to you.... you want em to become a melee on a horse... so Yeah i want em to be more a archer on a horse.

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 09:14:20 pm »
+1
and your point about HA riding away was not.... they suffer a greater risk vs an archer or crossbowman.

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2015, 09:34:19 pm »
+1
Id be very interested to know what advantages over all other classes it has.

and i swear if you say that they can ride away one more time ill virtualy punch you in the nose :P

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2015, 10:08:44 pm »
So I have to say it: they can ride away.
can't you see the boredom in fighting someone whom you can't reach???