Author Topic: Throwing Lances  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
Throwing Lances
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:46:55 pm »
Just an inquiry as to why Throwing Lances haven't been nerfed yet, I'm astounded they haven't been yet, they really do need it.

Every fight I've been in with every build I lose against them, they do ridiculous damage, they're insanely fast and they can be thrown at you for almost double that damage, I'm surprised they even exist in C-RPG to begin with, but they do, so they need to be balanced properly, and not left broken beyond all saving.
Dev's pls ;(

I'm talking in terms of the MELEE aspect of the Throwing Lance, not the damage from it being thrown, they're throwing a fucking lance at you, so it's completely understandable it does a bunch of damage.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:39:47 pm by Yeldur »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Throwing Lances
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:55:05 pm »
I still have no issue with throwing lances at all, mediocre damage, melee is ok but really short. Pretty meh. Annoying at best.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 10:09:08 pm »
only one problem with Trowing lances is switch mode+stab it should be fixed ASAP :!:

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 10:22:35 pm »
They just dropped like 4 speed from throwing lances. Not saying it's balanced but they did in fact nerf it.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Dekkers

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Traitors
  • Game nicks: Dekkers_the_Traitor
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 10:36:08 pm »
+2
Like I suggested before; put a timer on the switch between throwing and melee. This forces a player to either throw or fight and not do both.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 10:48:35 pm »
Like I suggested before; put a timer on the switch between throwing and melee. This forces a player to either throw or fight and not do both.
Yes please.
Even if they did nerf it, it clearly didn't do anything because there is literally no difference in what it was before.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 11:06:52 pm »
+1
those shits can 1 shot destrier if its a headshot or 2 shot in body in pretty much any situation, make them unsheatable so you can take only 1 stack or something or make them less accurate, shit is too powerfull.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 11:52:31 pm »
+1
those shits can 1 shot destrier if its a headshot or 2 shot in body in pretty much any situation, make them unsheatable so you can take only 1 stack or something or make them less accurate, shit is too powerfull.

Maybe if you are charging them, ive hit horses tons of times without killing when i played lance thrower. Even arabian can sometimes tank 3.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 02:54:41 am »
+1
It's not even the damage that the throwing aspect does, that's fine, it does a shit ton of damage but it makes sense, I mean, you're throwing a fucking lance.

What doesn't make sense is the melee, there should at the very least be a small debuff to the person using it, I mean it turns into a polearm which has no downsides at all, it's super fast and does ridiculous damage in its melee form, it needs a SERIOUS nerf in the melee department. Attack speed needs to be given a massive drop, and so does the damage.

It's supposed to be a weapon for throwing, not for serious melee combat, if I wanted to I'm quite sure I could make do with just the throwing lance as a weapon, not even throwing it, and I'm sure I could get many kills due to how easy it is to use in melee form.

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 03:00:38 am »
Just an inquiry as to why Throwing Lances haven't been nerfed yet, I'm astounded they haven't been yet, they really do need it.

Every fight I've been in with every build I lose against them, they do ridiculous damage, they're insanely fast and they can be thrown at you for almost double that damage, I'm surprised they even exist in C-RPG to begin with, but they do, so they need to be balanced properly, and not left broken beyond all saving.
Dev's pls ;(

Get 1 shield skill, use "Old Board Shield" covers the entire body, will block one couch lance, or several projectiles, gg. No need to cry anymore. You don't even need to use it in combat, just while travelling or defending the flag.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 03:11:00 am »
+2
Get 1 shield skill, use "Old Board Shield" covers the entire body, will block one couch lance, or several projectiles, gg. No need to cry anymore. You don't even need to use it in combat, just while travelling or defending the flag.

nerf old board shield
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 05:20:33 am »
+4
Takes 3-4 lances to take down my +3 Barded Warhorse, given that I'm not being a huge jackass and charging directly at a man with throwing lances. That shit ain't a good idea.

Also takes 3-4 to kill me while infantry, given I'm not running directly at a man with throwing lances. That shit ain't a good idea.

Take note boys; RUNNING DIRECTLY AT A MAN WITH THROWING LANCES AIN'T A GOOD IDEA

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 11:27:02 am »
+3
Takes 3-4 lances to take down my +3 Barded Warhorse, given that I'm not being a huge jackass and charging directly at a man with throwing lances. That shit ain't a good idea.

Also takes 3-4 to kill me while infantry, given I'm not running directly at a man with throwing lances. That shit ain't a good idea.

Take note boys; RUNNING DIRECTLY AT A MAN WITH THROWING LANCES AIN'T A GOOD IDEA

This is my experience too, and considering that its basically half their ammo being spent, that isnt much value they get out of their lances. And thats if they hit everything. #ThrowinglanceAcceptance

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 01:38:28 pm »

Re-read what I'm speaking about. I'm not complaining about couched lances, or the throwing aspect of the throwing lance.
I'm talking about the MELEE of the THROWING Lance.
Sorry, the main post didn't really describe my issues correctly. I've added something in to address that, although the text size is a bit too big compared to the size I wanted it to be. Meh.
A board shield will not solve my issues.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »

Agreed, but if you get the drop on them and manage to attack them, they can then switch to their broken melee and swing so fast you have no time to block at all, then they spam you down because you literally cannot defend yourself from the constant attacks.