Author Topic: Feedback on pike/longspear stabs (jump stab spin heroes)  (Read 5083 times)

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
Re: Feedback on pike/longspear stabs (jump stab spin heroes)
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2015, 01:27:38 pm »
But if someone comes at me with a modicum of skill, but more importantly, the presence of mind to do ANYTHING other than charge directly towards me while swinging, I have a hard time. I'm not able to kick-abuse, jump-stab, or do silly little wiggles to this sort of person.

This.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2015, 02:32:51 pm »
+1
Pikes and to a lesser extent longspears are huge force multipliers if there's actual teamwork. Sticking with a big blob of inf is where pikers can really shine, poking in and out of the front lines from a place of relative safety and watching flanks for cav charges. Defending ranged from cav harassment is also useful beyond what is reflected on the scoreboard. If you are doing 1 v 1 as a piker, you (or more likely your team) failed at basic teamwork somewhere along the way, or your team lost and you are one of the survivors being hunted down. There's too many melee inf who don't seem to get how useful pikers are as support and will let them fight on their own. If you and a piker are fighting vs 5 guys at once, your priority should still be to attack/distract anyone messing with the piker and trying to give him openings to stab. A good piker can deal with a lot of enemies at once using the the tricks Sandersson mentions above, but it's still not an ideal situation and much harder to deal with than if you had another type of melee weap.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2015, 08:21:06 pm »
I really don't see pikes/longspears as deserving of a nerf. Like many have said in this thread they are kinda sitting ducks by themselves and teamwork is always going to seem OP. All I know is having an intelligent pike/longspear on my team is the difference between me being able to reload and me being useless.  Think of the long 1 directional polearms as a teamwork multiplier. 

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2015, 10:46:37 pm »
+1
I really don't see pikes/longspears as deserving of a nerf. Like many have said in this thread they are kinda sitting ducks by themselves and teamwork is always going to seem OP. All I know is having an intelligent pike/longspear on my team is the difference between me being able to reload and me being useless.  Think of the long 1 directional polearms as a teamwork multiplier. 

But then why are rocks getting nerfed? I'm pretty sure rocks were always effective. In movies we even see large rocks being thrown at people climbing walls.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2015, 03:04:01 am »
But then why are rocks getting nerfed? I'm pretty sure rocks were always effective. In movies we even see large rocks being thrown at people climbing walls.

How are rocks related to pikes/longspear?

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2015, 03:42:44 am »
How are rocks related to pikes/longspear?

People both complain about them saying they're OP, that's how.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Richyy

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • ยค=[]:::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richy_ / xDan / Rychi
  • IRC nick: Richy
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:16 am »
git gud fegits