Author Topic: Feedback on pike/longspear stabs (jump stab spin heroes)  (Read 5086 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Feedback on pike/longspear stabs (jump stab spin heroes)
« on: September 17, 2015, 12:32:57 am »
I would put this in the feedback forum but I doubt most people would see it before it is too late.

Right now, people are able to use 300 length polearms while jumping, spinning, and all kinds of other fuckery to get around blocks and whatnot. Pikes and long spears, imo, are supposed to be support weapons. Not single target weapons of mass destruction. I personally think pikes/long spears should be only able to stab, and block, but given the same treatment of bows/xbows because come the fuck on, being able to jump and spin with a massive polearm while also being able to block is beyond broken. In a lot of cases I have seen, simply holding down block does not help because the absurd length of the pole + the angle they are able to reach while doing their ridiculous jump spin, it easily negates your block. I know I am not alone in this. This shit is not supposed to be a single target attack, and when it is, it is very fucking OP and stupid. Hur hur just down block does NOT WORK.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback on pike/longspear stabs (jump stab spin heroes)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 12:42:33 am »
+2
I would agree if pike wasn't 3 slots. Once the horses are gone or on the other side of map pike would be useless if you nerf them more. If you are going to nerf them bring them back to 2 slots so you can carry a decent weapon and or shield combo to be able to defend yourself.

You asked for an opinion but downvoted my opinion Poop? lol I see you really aren't being objective with your post. if you are going to nerf pike and keep it 3 slots you might as well remove them from the game with every other item you die to and don't like.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:46:36 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 12:45:49 am »
I would agree if pike wasn't 3 slots. Once the horses are gone or on the other side of map pike would be useless if you nerf them more. If you are going to nerf them bring them back to 2 slots so you can carry a decent weapon and or shield combo to be able to defend yourself.

You do realize there are plenty of OP 1 slot polearm options?  Let alone pike/long spear are NOT used for anti cav any more? Most Pikers I have seen bring a 1h/ 1 slot 2h theses days, this does NOT fix the people that use the absurd length of the polearm to abuse getting around blocks. I do not think you see the problem I am talking about. They are able to use jumps and spins to literally get around down blocks. IT IS BROKEN

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 12:47:36 am »
You do realize there are plenty of OP 1 slot polearm options?  Let alone pike/long spear are NOT used for anti cav any more? Most Pikers I have seen bring a 1h/ 1 slot 2h theses days, this does NOT fix the people that use the absurd length of the polearm to abuse getting around blocks. I do not think you see the problem I am talking about. They are able to use jumps and spins to literally get around down blocks. IT IS BROKEN
Its not broken (or better yet most everything in the game is broken) you just die to it and rage. Why not fix and do all the stuff you guys said you was gonna do with the last patch, like why was there this big upvote downvote maps to add or remove and not add or remove them?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:00:57 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 12:53:11 am »
You asked for an opinion but downvoted my opinion Poop? lol I see you really aren't being objective with your post. if you are going to nerf pike and keep it 3 slots you might as well remove them from the game with every other item you die to and don't like.

I would have no problem with it being 2 slot and being a support weapon if that, but right now pikes and long spears are just single targets weapons of mass destruction

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 12:57:12 am »
I would have no problem with it being 2 slot and being a support weapon if that, but right now pikes and long spears are just single targets weapons of mass destruction
I wasn't saying make them 2 slots as they are now just if you are going to nerf them. I usually pull one out when there are a herd of cav on the other side but once the cav disperse I would much rather use my mw elegant poleaxe than pike.

edit also I apologize for being too edgy in my previous replies, I am sure your not raging idk why I went there sry.
PENDULUM

Offline Albus

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 01:12:27 am »
Nerf pikes! You can already look straight up and fucking hammer smash onto peoples heads with your 245 length long spear, when they're a foot away you can do that with the pike aswell. Get rid of them being able to jump so they can no longer hop around like maniacs and hit you with the wood of their spear and do half your health. Hopefully this will happen so the class is slightly less broken than it already is
"Nothing quite like the feeling of getting clotheslined by a six and a half foot longsword"-Brick_Cavity
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 01:21:24 am »
+9
Of all the problems c-rpg might have, this one is the last I would consider. If the pikeman tries to jump around you, just block down and keep facing him?
I mean, wow, I haven't really thought pikemen and long spears were a problem, I barely even see any on the servers. I'm confused.

Offline Albus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 01:42:04 am »
The pike class is probably the most broken thing I can think of, you can literally pike through your team mates to hit an enemy, hell, you can even use the pike to hit through thin walls, you can also look straight up to smash peoples heads in when they are standing right in front of you. Jumping probably isn't the worst thing about pikes but when you jump, do a full 360 while your 300 length pike noclips through trees just to pike through the first guy following you to hit the second,I can't help but feel that it's pretty fucked up. Before I even tried the pike I always knew it was pretty fucked up but I had no idea how much bull shit I could pull off until I tried it. I did two gens using a pike and a long spear and it was probably the most stupid thing I've ever experienced, I was hitting through team mates and hoping around doing shit I didn't even think was possible. Removing jumping is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think about nerfing pikes but it's probably the only thing that is going to be possible.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:52:17 am by Albus »
"Nothing quite like the feeling of getting clotheslined by a six and a half foot longsword"-Brick_Cavity

Offline Albus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 01:43:00 am »
+3
(I'm autistic again, sorry) I tri to click modify post above but i hit quote  :|

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 02:22:04 am »
+4
Frankly put, I think the amount of effort necessary to nerf just two weapons (without hurting all other polearms at the same time) is too great to justify the amount of work it would take the dwindling (if even existent) dev team. Other than that, there are far more glaring issues that would be easier to fix currently... *cough full plate everywhere cuz increased gold earnings cough*

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 02:44:46 am »
+3
Frankly put, I think the amount of effort necessary to nerf just two weapons (without hurting all other polearms at the same time) is too great to justify the amount of work it would take the dwindling (if even existent) dev team. Other than that, there are far more glaring issues that would be easier to fix currently... *cough full plate everywhere cuz increased gold earnings cough*

Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 03:06:01 am »
He must be afeared that the spin it to win it clan is coming back oh wait this is no where near what it used to be.
PENDULUM

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 04:22:37 am »
NERF THIS SHIT!!! As someone who plays everyday and is a super neckbeard nerd of the highest caliber you should listen to me and heed my warning to nerd Long spear and pike jumping!

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 04:38:33 am »
+2
How can you rear a horse while jumping?  How can a 1h polearm stab stop a horse?

What I'm saying is Nerf Cav.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄