Author Topic: So who thought it was a great idea to make Bolts 0 slot  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: So who thought it was a great idea to make Bolts 0 slot
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 12:40:59 am »
Man... Some of you xbow users have some serious bias towards your xbows saying a wooden stick does more than an arb... All I have said was remove the 0 slot bolts, shit is broken as hell. BTW xbow is still the only thing you can pick up in the game without any skill in it and shoot it all the way across the map killing someone. Why can't we pick up throwing weapons and throw them then...

I'm just reporting what the damage feature is showing me in which this instance is that my +3 stick does more damage to people in heavy armor than my arbalest on occasions.

right now it takes anywhere from 1-5 out of 10 bolts to take down any given target... saying the Arb is insanely op is ridiculous.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 01:12:58 am »
+4
I'm just reporting what the damage feature is showing me in which this instance is that my +3 stick does more damage to people in heavy armor than my arbalest on occasions.

right now it takes anywhere from 1-5 out of 10 bolts to take down any given target... saying the Arb is insanely op is ridiculous.

You don't have enough Power draw.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 02:04:49 am »
You can lol all you want, the show damage feature doesn't lie.

Average 70-95 RAW damage and after everything is formulated It comes out to be the amount I posted above.

Is the show damage function working again? It was "B", wasn't it?  That's not doing anything for me.  Is it an admin-only thing now?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:09:44 am by Nehvar »
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 11:01:31 am »
+2
Is the show damage function working again? It was "B", wasn't it?  That's not doing anything for me.  Is it an admin-only thing now?

Yea its currently for certain admins only. (I don't know why it was removed from players.)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 11:47:56 am »
+2
Rampant classism, grab your pitchforks! ABOOSE!!!!  :twisted:

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 08:13:55 am »
+2
The biggest issue is that the skill point requirement is so low.  You just need 3 points in WM to be generally proficient with a crossbow, where an archer would need 6 points in to PD plus WM.  Pretty much the same thing with throwing.

So, xbowers are running full melee builds, only sacrificing a few points in WM and probably hanging more towards the AGI side of the stats split, while hybrid archers and throwers are clearly far more gimped.  Now you're allowing them to face basically no gear restrictions, on top of that.  Also, the change in gold per tick means that arbalests aren't going to make the difference between making money or not.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 09:11:25 am »
The biggest issue is that the skill point requirement is so low.  You just need 3 points in WM to be generally proficient with a crossbow, where an archer would need 6 points in to PD plus WM.  Pretty much the same thing with throwing.

So, xbowers are running full melee builds, only sacrificing a few points in WM and probably hanging more towards the AGI side of the stats split, while hybrid archers and throwers are clearly far more gimped.  Now you're allowing them to face basically no gear restrictions, on top of that.  Also, the change in gold per tick means that arbalests aren't going to make the difference between making money or not.

I agree and that has always been a problem with xbows; it needs to be changed. I have ideas on how but I'm not sure if its practical or even possible.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 04:25:17 pm »
+1
fact is that there are too many xbows out there nowadays and we gotta do something about it

Most of the time with my +3 arb/+3 steel bolts I'm finding it takes 2-4 shots to kill most players.
Mh nah, it´s more like 1-3 shots, as long as they´re not wearing heavy plate (although some peasants can take 2 hits aswell sometimes :x).

I´m afraid that, if you add a xbow skill (which gives faster reloading time or something), people might find a way to abuse that and make even worse builds; or in other words: adding a new skill would take a long time to balance and fit into the system.

I´d rather nerf xbows/bolts a bit and give normal bolts a bit of penalty for being 0 slot. (or changing them back to 1 slot and giving them more ammunition or something, to make small xbows more attractive again...although that wouldn´t solve the rangefest I guess :I ).

We currently have the same problem as we had with archery back then: there´s just too many of them. How did we stop the archerfest back then?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 06:23:11 pm »
Yea its currently for certain admins only. (I don't know why it was removed from players.)

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »
We currently have the same problem as we had with archery back then: there´s just too many of them. How did we stop the archerfest back then?

Never stopped bro
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 03:05:49 am »
Never stopped bro
nah there was a time, 1month or 2 between some patches, when archery 'problem' was ballanced ->heavy quivers, less ammo<- and only couple of freaks played pure builds as archers, no spamming with arrows, think before u shoot, go for head or go home, and now its again run and spam/shoot(espacially agi xbows) :? :cry:

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 03:27:33 am »
Never stopped bro

Making STR overpowered for archers sure didnt help. Somehow my old build 21/24 is heavily undermined by STR archers. They do WAY more dmg, are more accurate , even tho less wpf. And they seem just as fast moving as me, if not faster.
Fat jokes inc :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:48:55 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 03:31:01 am »
+3
fact is that there are too many xbows out there nowadays and we gotta do something about it
Mh nah, it´s more like 1-3 shots, as long as they´re not wearing heavy plate (although some peasants can take 2 hits aswell sometimes :x).

I´m afraid that, if you add a xbow skill (which gives faster reloading time or something), people might find a way to abuse that and make even worse builds; or in other words: adding a new skill would take a long time to balance and fit into the system.

I´d rather nerf xbows/bolts a bit and give normal bolts a bit of penalty for being 0 slot. (or changing them back to 1 slot and giving them more ammunition or something, to make small xbows more attractive again...although that wouldn´t solve the rangefest I guess :I ).

its more like anywhere from 1-5 shots to take down any given target, and the problem is simply solved by making at least the arb and heavy 3 slots and making both sets of bolts 0 slots. this would stop anyone from using arbalest/heavy as a side arm which we are currently seeing.

If you want to get technical you 'could' implement a power-draw like structure for xbows well but slightly different in the sense of "what is required"

for example have PD scale up the damage dealt by the arbalest but require no PD to pick up/use it. As a result you would have arbalest's doing more damage so in turn you have to nerf the no investment damage down till the higher investment builds match the current damage output. Limit PD investment to only have an effect 4 past the required amount so for a dedicated xbow build this would mean having to spend 4 PD points to deal any real damage with any given xbow. This would nerf no investment builds that are currently using Arb as a side arm... which should never happen if you have an arbalest/heavy it should be your primary weapon.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 03:47:44 am »
+1
its more like anywhere from 1-5 shots to take down any given target, and the problem is simply solved by making at least the arb and heavy 3 slots and making both sets of bolts 0 slots. this would stop anyone from using arbalest/heavy as a side arm which we are currently seeing.

If you want to get technical you 'could' implement a power-draw like structure for xbows well but slightly different in the sense of "what is required"

for example have PD scale up the damage dealt by the arbalest but require no PD to pick up/use it. As a result you would have arbalest's doing more damage so in turn you have to nerf the no investment damage down till the higher investment builds match the current damage output. Limit PD investment to only have an effect 4 past the required amount so for a dedicated xbow build this would mean having to spend 4 PD points to deal any real damage with any given xbow. This would nerf no investment builds that are currently using Arb as a side arm... which should never happen if you have an arbalest/heavy it should be your primary weapon.

(click to show/hide)
Power draw or a similar skill would make literally no sense in the terms of a crossbow. Unlike a bow where you would need the strength(power draw) to shoot it correctly, with a crossbow they had cranks(Winches i think is a better name?) so that way anyone could load them easily. Crossbows were meant to be a weapon that was able to be picked up and used by any fairly easily with minimal training, changing them to be a weapon that requires you to be insanely skilled doesnt work IMO. An easier thing would be just make them more inaccurate and make the WPF scale so they start very inaccurate and then at like 130 or 140 wpf they become current like 110-120 wpf accurate.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 06:10:59 am »
Power draw or a similar skill would make literally no sense in the terms of a crossbow. Unlike a bow where you would need the strength(power draw) to shoot it correctly, with a crossbow they had cranks(Winches i think is a better name?) so that way anyone could load them easily. Crossbows were meant to be a weapon that was able to be picked up and used by any fairly easily with minimal training, changing them to be a weapon that requires you to be insanely skilled doesnt work IMO. An easier thing would be just make them more inaccurate and make the WPF scale so they start very inaccurate and then at like 130 or 140 wpf they become current like 110-120 wpf accurate.

You would still be able to use the all the xbows with this change, the only thing this does is nerf the no training and keep current high investment builds how they are.