cRPG > Guides

How to learn to attack and not to die ?:)

(1/7) > >>

AxeAxe:
Hi Guys!
I wonder if you could help me find the best build / weapon/ playstyle. I'm new to cRPG, not new to M&B. I want to use melee weapons.

I've tried different combos and equipment (1h+shield,2h - sword, 2h - polearm) and so far I found that I can block effectively both with and wihout shield. I can withstand 20-30 seconds against decent players without a shield, but what the problem is - I  can't attack/counterattack. Once I try to attack - I'm dead in a few seconds. Either enemies block my hit's or I don't reach them with a weapon, than they counter-attack and I'm not able to put block in time.

Perhaps you could advise the best weapon/playstyle to learn to land some hits?

Utrakil:
change your playstile. Stay with some good players. let them ocupy the enemies attention. go in land a hit and go out of range again.
 If you find yourselve in a 1vs1 situation retreat while blocking untill someone helps.

AxeAxe:
Thank you! Following other players makes me useful to the team and gives more chances to survive until the end of the round. However, I don't master my skill since I hit and run. Can I do something to master attack skills in 1v1 fights? Maybe it's easier to land hits with high speed or high length weapons? Or should I try vice versa and get massive damage weapon and try to get "1 lucky random hit"?

P.S. Your tactic really works:) By the way, one more noob question - what is the best 2h weapon? or at least what is the logic here? Do hybrin (throwing+melee or xbow+melee) work or it's not really good?

PP.SS. What is the chivarly role in the game? Everyone I saw were just solo players trying to coach single target standing outside of main fight or charging alone into a lot of enemies and simply dying.

Ikarus:

--- Quote ---What is the chivarly role in the game?
--- End quote ---
as a footsoldier, stick to the team and help them as good as possible

as an archer/crossbowman/thrower, other ranged classes and/or cav are the primary target, then target footsoldiers

as cav, wait until the enemy is in a fight and attack him from behind/bump him, save teammates by bumping enemies

--- Quote ---Do hybrin (throwing+melee or xbow+melee) work or it's not really good?
--- End quote ---
hybrids work well, as long as you only mix up two classes (for example a shielder/thrower or 2h/pole cav), a mixture of three or more classes mostly ends up in being sorta okay in a lot of disciplines but not really getting any kills in the end

--- Quote ---what is the best 2h weapon?
--- End quote ---
phew, that´s a hard one...you could try out longswords/bastard swords if you´re into speed or greatswords if you´re into slow, ranged attacks. Any 2h here that can give me a hand with this question? I´m mostly a xbow :x

In general, I would make myself a Skip-the-Fun-character and try out different builds. You gotta find out with which class or build you´re most comfortable with, then I´d go for leveling the main char :)

Kenda:
I'd probably give the Swiss Longsword or the Flambard the Award for best 2hander if I had to pick one. I prefer the Danish Greatsword personally, it's quite slow but with great range and damage.

Paying attention to the range of your weapon and doing hold attacks is a good way to never miss a swing, remember to keep calm and observe your opponents actions so you dont get spamed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version