Author Topic: Rocket League  (Read 15429 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Rocket League
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »
I really hope they get added to ranked, atleast the bigger ones, the donut one seems a bit too hectic, but it could work aswell i guess. They mentioned that the well recieved ones might be added to ranked so thats cool. In the end, the game is all about adaptation, and being able to control the ball. So having different designs on the map shouldnt affect the competitiveness on its own. I think all the pro vets are on the same idea, because afaik SSARPBC had a lot of different designs on the maps.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:22 pm »
Yeah, ranked could use the addition of different maps, but I dunno if I want ranked to be all-encompassing or not. I won't care too much either way, it just kinda feels weird that they're thinking of adding "fun" stages to ranked, since the thing that differed between rocket league and SSARPBC was that rocket league was the "physics-based competitive sport" while SSARPBC was cars flying around with cool physics on goofy maps. While inherently different of course, you wouldnt make all the fields at the next world cup different shapes and sizes then just tell the players "lel learn how to adapt." Idk... still looking forward to it, should be lots of fun. I just hope they implement it well without pissing off half their player base one way or the other.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2016, 11:17:30 pm »
I think that most maps that are good should be added to ranked, and randomly selected at match start. That way, ranked requires you not only to master the standard arena, but all of them, which makes it more rich and emphasizes skills that can be converted from one map to the next.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2016, 03:24:52 am »
Played against 3 scrubs, luckily for them i was raping their mums so i couldnt play properly, then again met them the next round (srsly what are the chances) and luckily for them i was raping their fathers.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2016, 03:41:07 am »
Played against 3 scrubs, luckily for them i was raping their mums so i couldnt play properly, then again met them the next round (srsly what are the chances) and luckily for them i was raping their fathers.

Ty for ez rank
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2016, 06:44:46 pm »
Patch out, ranks have been changed slightly, a bunch of new toppers + antennas
(click to show/hide)
Wasteland map added to ranked maps rotations, you can report players now (sick) and then theres the new maps in rocket labs which might be added to ranked aswell. They are really fun to play.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2016, 07:07:54 pm »
Ugh, wasteland blows. Hopefully it doesn't show up too often in the rotation. Can't wait to try out the new maps though, they show some promise.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2016, 07:13:20 pm »
Ugh, wasteland blows. Hopefully it doesn't show up too often in the rotation. Can't wait to try out the new maps though, they show some promise.

It does play quite often, i used to dislike it but now that i played it some more i actually really enjoy the variety. It adds a lot of flavour. I was expecting a ton of hate on reddit, but it seems like the majority is in the same boat as me, many disliked it at first but came to enjoy it more now, others enjoyed it from the start. Some dislike having maps that differ from the default concept which is legit i guess, but i think that would get pretty boring after a while. Im already really appreciating new maps, and its only been a couple of months so.

Also the ranks are weird, its basically the same, superstar is gold 3 so i got put where i was last time, but now i cant see my precise rating, so i cant sense any progression whatsoever.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2016, 07:19:25 pm »
It does play quite often, i used to dislike it but now that i played it some more i actually really enjoy the variety. It adds a lot of flavour. I was expecting a ton of hate on reddit, but it seems like the majority is in the same boat as me, many disliked it at first but came to enjoy it more now, others enjoyed it from the start. Some dislike having maps that differ from the default concept which is legit i guess, but i think that would get pretty boring after a while. Im already really appreciating new maps, and its only been a couple of months so.

Also the ranks are weird, its basically the same, superstar is gold 3 so i got put where i was last time, but now i cant see my precise rating, so i cant sense any progression whatsoever.

I just don't care for the lack of aerial opportunities in wasteland. There are some, but with the larger stage there just aren't as many, in my brief experience with it anyways. It also favors a defensive play style as long shots are far more punishing. Hopefully it won't be as bad when I'm playing it with other guys in ranked who'll be more inclined to play well than the scrubs in casual mode. I've heard that the lack of noticeable progression is really infuriating to some players, and I can definitely appreciate that argument. Do you have any links or knowledge of any correlation between the old ranking system and the new? You said that superstar is gold 3... did you just assume that since it is the 2nd highest rank achievable? I thought they added more possible ranks in this season, but I could be wrong as I'm admittedly not following it too closely.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2016, 07:28:55 pm »
I just don't care for the lack of aerial opportunities in wasteland. There are some, but with the larger stage there just aren't as many, in my brief experience with it anyways. It also favors a defensive play style as long shots are far more punishing. Hopefully it won't be as bad when I'm playing it with other guys in ranked who'll be more inclined to play well than the scrubs in casual mode. I've heard that the lack of noticeable progression is really infuriating to some players, and I can definitely appreciate that argument. Do you have any links or knowledge of any correlation between the old ranking system and the new? You said that superstar is gold 3... did you just assume that since it is the 2nd highest rank achievable? I thought they added more possible ranks in this season, but I could be wrong as I'm admittedly not following it too closely.

I have plenty of aerials on wasteland, and not really any longshot goals. Im playing with decently experienced players though, so we cover nearly all the luck shots etc. And we usually set eachother up with the aerials. I just like the bigger space on the map, allows for some really long range aerials. The ball generally always ends up centered with the slopes, so the aeirals on goal are much easier on wasteland than the defaults from what ive experienced.

Yeah i simply assumed it is, they added 2 more lower tiers i think, which is like silver elite and bronze elite basically. But as for me in the higher ranks its the same, the jump from gold 3 to plat is insanely high, bigger than unranked to gold 3 id say.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2016, 12:06:17 pm »
Yeah, Wasteland is a complete aerial fest because the ball always bounces to the center, instead of hanging in the corner where you can only really wall-jump.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2016, 01:37:48 pm »
map with double goal is awesome to play with friends ! the circular one is meh and the regular with the stpe is probably the most balanced.
can someone can explain to me how ranking works now , because some are thinking now it works like cs ELO , some are thinking that individual performance affects the hidden ranking , dunno.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2016, 08:28:57 pm »
Apparently champion isnt exactly platinum, its basically 1000 or 1100 of the previous system. They are planning to add the skill level to show for all champions, so that they have that to go for when they cant really rank up further except for that.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2016, 03:38:33 pm »
Batmobile is out, sounds sick but looks shit. Also i think i played against w33 from dota (one of the highest rated players in pub games). Just saw him pop up on a dota stream that he plays rocket league with the same name i played against.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2016, 02:29:06 pm »
+2
I hate the batmobile sound with a passion.