Author Topic: Rocket League  (Read 15419 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Rocket League
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 04:16:04 am »
New update out, new ranking system kind of, put me at Gold 1 in all but solo duel. Maybe it isnt changed, just divided into more ranks... anyways, winning 3 games each giving me like 3 score, then losing 2 and getting -11 from each, sometimes shit is just bull.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 01:37:24 pm »
New update out, new ranking system kind of, put me at Gold 1 in all but solo duel. Maybe it isnt changed, just divided into more ranks... anyways, winning 3 games each giving me like 3 score, then losing 2 and getting -11 from each, sometimes shit is just bull.
played a bit yesterday and noticed that my buddies have a plus or minus 1 point of difference when it comes to winnin gor losing. i am gold 1 and they are like one bronze and silver.
one match i lost like 14 points .... :mad:

where's the dev behind this ranking system , would like to know the maths behind it.

edit*: someone already figured out how it works...https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3ki8g1/the_ranked_points_system_is_a_bit_frustrating/cuxn4ue
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:41:28 pm by Radament »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 06:46:59 pm »
#36 on the leaderboards for wins, going to work that shit up this weekend. Closing in on assists aswell since im the playmaker.

Hit gold 2 aswell, but then dropped a bit below. Opposition is still very varying but in general crap.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:04 pm »
I'm struggling to get out of solo standard unranked lel.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2015, 04:06:42 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Gold 2 now in Standard. Gizmo is best car confirmed.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:50:26 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 04:45:13 pm »
+1

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2015, 07:18:03 pm »
SoloQ is tough, but im holding my ground at gold 1. People be raging though, and others be scrubbing 'tis quite funny. Might cut together some sort of aerial compilation, will make me look good even though its made over 100 games.

I thought the game would be on a steady decline after release but its actually increasing in population, the other day i saw like 150k people online, which is siiiick.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:33:15 pm by Gravoth_iii »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2015, 04:23:57 pm »
+1
People are still clueless how to play the game

Its a pretty simple idea, yet competely alien to most who will hit the ball straight into the wall if thats the only thing they can do, instead of leaving it to someone who has a clear shot.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2015, 04:55:45 pm »
Really? 90% of my randomly assigned teammates grasp the concept of rotational positioning, if they don't it is usually a quick loss.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2015, 06:21:50 pm »
Really? 90% of my randomly assigned teammates grasp the concept of rotational positioning, if they don't it is usually a quick loss.

In my current session, out of 10 games maybe 2 or 3 has players doing this, the other games they will sit under the ball untill it gets shot to our side, or they will chase it into the wall to give the opponents a clear shot. That is if they dont completely miss it. The response i get from telling them to rotate is "I dont play defense"

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2015, 07:29:42 pm »
The only time I refuse to rotate positions is when I'm in the goal on defense and then another player moves in to replace me. Like wtf? Just go after the ball instead of using up all your boost just to cross half the field and sit in goal boost-less. I'm a fairly good goalie and I sure as heck ain't gonna yield that position over to some scrub without boost (since he won't be able to block any high shots). He could have challenged the players in control of the ball by the time he got to goal, but nope, for some reason he felt the need to make us all rotate around... For that reason I also disagree with the "Defense" part of that diagram. It should show 1 guy returning to goal (perhaps the first guy that gets back which should still be the same position #1 from offense, unless he misses the ball taking a shot and ends up upside down in their goal, without boost, etc.) and then the 2nd and 3rd players falling back to challenge the ball, with the 2nd guy going straight to the corner/where the ball is and the other guy moving in to back him up should he fail. Having people keep rotating out of goal just wastes time and boost (or momentum if you're out of boost and just somersaulting around) imo.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2015, 07:59:46 pm »
The only time I refuse to rotate positions is when I'm in the goal on defense and then another player moves in to replace me. Like wtf? Just go after the ball instead of using up all your boost just to cross half the field and sit in goal boost-less. I'm a fairly good goalie and I sure as heck ain't gonna yield that position over to some scrub without boost (since he won't be able to block any high shots). He could have challenged the players in control of the ball by the time he got to goal, but nope, for some reason he felt the need to make us all rotate around... For that reason I also disagree with the "Defense" part of that diagram. It should show 1 guy returning to goal (perhaps the first guy that gets back which should still be the same position #1 from offense, unless he misses the ball taking a shot and ends up upside down in their goal, without boost, etc.) and then the 2nd and 3rd players falling back to challenge the ball, with the 2nd guy going straight to the corner/where the ball is and the other guy moving in to back him up should he fail. Having people keep rotating out of goal just wastes time and boost (or momentum if you're out of boost and just somersaulting around) imo.
Scrub, thats bad play from you. You shouldn't even be in that goal anymore. If you see a teammate returning from behind the ball while you are in goal, you should immediately move out and play the ball, leave the goal to him. This will give him time to turn and be ready for a good approach should you lose the ball. Your strategy is waiting for him to turn and play the ball. This gives your team half as many chances to play in the same time.

The player that is the best suited to play the ball should play the ball. If you are on goal and your teammate is returning to goal, there is no way he is in a better position to play the ball than you. You will be able to do a proper aerial, a shot downfield or even a shot at goal. All he will be able to do is the aforementioned shot into the wall coming from the side, setting up the ball for the enemy team. First player to return to goal should be the first player to play the ball.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2015, 08:07:57 pm »
Bro, have you ever even played soccer football? If for some reason the goalie is not in the goal, then the first guy that is available hops on into goal (maybe more guys if possible since the goals are huge af compared to the goals in rocket league). Meanwhile, everyone else available gets into position to either mess with the guy holding the ball or to cut off his passing/shooting options. You don't have people rotating in and out of the goal. Same in rocket league. There is no reason this:
your teammate is returning to goal, there is no way he is in a better position to play the ball than you.
should be happening. He can fall back to the corner/towards the ball instead of running right down the center to the goal, where someone already is. He doesn't need to fall back, get in the goal, turn around, and then challenge the ball. He can fall back diagonally to the corner where he'll be facing the incoming play just as much as if he was at the goal then turned 90 degrees.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »
Bro, have you ever even played soccer football? If for some reason the goalie is not in the goal, then the first guy that is available hops on into goal (maybe more guys if possible since the goals are huge af compared to the goals in rocket league). Meanwhile, everyone else available gets into position to either mess with the guy holding the ball or to cut off his passing/shooting options. You don't have people rotating in and out of the goal. Same in rocket league. There is no reason this:should be happening. He can fall back to the corner/towards the ball instead of running right down the center to the goal, where someone already is. He doesn't need to fall back, get in the goal, turn around, and then challenge the ball. He can fall back diagonally to the corner where he'll be facing the incoming play just as much as if he was at the goal then turned 90 degrees.
No it is not at all the same is Rocket League. A key difference is that cars can only hit the ball hard in the direction they are going, therefore by definition facing the direction where you want to go (the enemy goal) is optimal for playing the ball. There is no rotational gameplay in real football, because you can switch directions, pass and control the ball more. The goalie is rarely not in the goal, because unlike Rocket League, the goalie is never best suited to go onto the offensive.

Also, you are still missing the main point. The point is that you are waiting for him to turn and to play the ball.

This:
Teammate returning -> You waiting -> Teammate challenging the ball

Should be this:
Teammate returning -> You challenging the ball -> Teammate being ready for a save or to challenge the ball

This is what they expect you to do, that is why they return to goal, because you should no longer be there. Also because going to the center allows you to respond to anything, unlike going to the corner lol. You waste time. Proper rotational gameplay has one person pressuring the ball, one ready for a save and one getting boost or waiting for an opportunity. Seriously, reconsider your decision making, you really hurt your team by not rotating out, as you give the opponents room to breathe and set things up.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2015, 11:44:23 pm »
Sure they can only hit the ball hard in the direction they are facing, hence why they can either A) handbrake turn and save plenty of speed (depending on their direction they might not even need the handbrake at all) or B) slam the ball against the back wall which sends it bouncing forwards, towards the enemy goal. Since you can't actually hit the ball forwards from anywhere near your back wall (save for being in the goal itself) the next best thing is to slam it against the back wall, or off the corner. Someone returning and pressuring the ball can instantly do either. There is no waiting involved, lol.