Author Topic: Scotland wins again  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland wins again
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 11:20:39 am »
You could make violence drop by 100% by making everyone vegetables, but I'd rather have some violence than police randomly searching me for pocket knives.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 11:39:20 am »
You could make violence drop by 100% by making everyone vegetables, but I'd rather have some violence than police randomly searching me for pocket knives.
Not everyone is capable of defending himself. I am pretty sure that people who aren't capable appreciate the real security on weekends while partying, even if it means being loosely searched once in a while.
And it's not like they constantly pick out people. From my experience, they pick out people who are strongly intoxicated, already showing aggressive signs and similars.
Their success proves them right... guess it's that simple. Hard to argue against cold, simple numbers.
Besides, you're free to not go there :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 12:17:34 pm »
I am afraid, taking that out on the street is not allowed in my nanny state either :(
Knives with fixed blades are considered possible weapons and you're not allowed to carry them...
...and then there is a special ban zone around a part of town where all the bigger clubs are and where had been a problem with violence. You're not even allowed to carry a pocket knife there. Weekends there's a higher police force covering that area too. And they do search people randomly all the time.
Since they do all that, violent incidents dropped by 80% or something... damn you, nanny state. Actually protecting people instead of straight out shooting them! *shakes fist in anger*

(click to show/hide)

Exactly, they won't allow you to go around with a knife so it's not like a big problem. And if someone's gonna say "ye but you could conceal ttha in a bag" yes you could; actually we could kill people with bare hands, with cars, with belts, there are many things that could harm if used the wrong way, but that's the thing, it's the "wrong way" because they are made for other purposes than harming someone, unlike guns (most cases, and as for self defence there are things nore efficient and much less dangerous)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 12:22:01 pm »
Molly talking about germany as a nanny state :D lololololol.

Gemans propably have the most, registered (and propably unregisteted) firearms in europe.

Plus, ppl get shot all the time... Like the one day when some weird kiddo was sitting in a bush with his airgun (compressed air, single loader) shooting into crowds during a festival... With pointy tip steel bullets.... :D

In that case i'm actually glad he didnt use an axe or some knife...

Long story short.... After all it does not matter what weapons are available. If ppl go completely nuts, they'll find one anyways...
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 12:35:20 pm »
So we're fine with weapons because, being made to harm/kill people they are more effective than tools and less painful? Que?

Anyway fin, exactly, there many ways to kill, but why not prevent the easiest ways?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 02:29:42 pm »
+1
So we're fine with weapons because, being made to harm/kill people they are more effective than tools and less painful? Que?

Anyway fin, exactly, there many ways to kill, but why not prevent the easiest ways?

because we arent talking about firearms, we are talking about a fucking airgun, they barely kill squirrels.  Kids used to use airguns and pump them like 3 times and shoot each other with them just to sting each other.  Fuck you had to pump it like 25 times to make the damn thing break the skin.  Ill be damned if you think someone is going to run about killing people with a fucking airgun you have to pump like 60 goddamn times, it would be easier to turn it around and use it as a club then to pump it that many times and possibly just pop the little airtank it has anyways.

Id just like to know if you are allowed to have bow n arrows, because you could kill somebody quicker with that then any airgun.  But since its primitive, and guns are scary, im sure its just a matter of it being a "gun".

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:39:36 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 02:55:20 pm »
Not everyone is capable of defending himself. I am pretty sure that people who aren't capable appreciate the real security on weekends while partying, even if it means being loosely searched once in a while.
And it's not like they constantly pick out people. From my experience, they pick out people who are strongly intoxicated, already showing aggressive signs and similars.
Their success proves them right... guess it's that simple. Hard to argue against cold, simple numbers.
Besides, you're free to not go there :wink:
Their success doesn't prove them right. That was the point of my vegetable comparison. You could reduce violence by 100%. Do the simple numbers make it right then to turn people into vegetables? Of course not. Therefore it's not just a matter of looking at the numbers.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 03:34:37 pm »
+1

Don't get me wrong bro. I'm all against firearms in private hands. And i dislike Weapons in general.

But we're talking air-guns here. Not 5.56 FMJ.

And the purpose of an air-gun is to either hunt squirrels and birds (which should be illegal btw.), or shoot targets made of paper (which is absolutely ok - cus it's a hell lot of fun).

And that is basically the core of this discussion: An airgun is not made to - and definately is not able to kill ppl. 

Even if you're completely mad you'd still be faster and more efficient just stabbing the dude with one of your 1000 legal kitchen knives or just run him over with your car. 

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 03:44:59 pm »
Air guns are dangerous, because if you live in some dirtbag country the police will shoot any kid holding something even remotely similar to a gun. Scotland isn't one of those countries though so it is kinda daft to ban. Then again, I don't know how stupidly easy they're going to make it to register for one so it may be a non-issue.

Same goes for a knife, flashlight, candybar, (any other item) if you're using it wrong. Air guns are not supposed to be on the streets. You're SUPPOSED to shoot them in your backyard.

When you run someone over with a car and keep driving, harming others - police will shoot you too.

Different scenario - same logic: do not use your car to run ppl over, do not bring your airgun running around in the streets.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 03:58:05 pm »
There are so many reasons to shit on Scotland and you chose this.  I mean seriously this is just such a non-issue.
Turtles

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 07:29:52 pm »
Pretty sure they did this because of the few airguns that are actually dangerous, so people couldn't abuse the loophole.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 11:54:44 pm »
Pretty sure they did this because of the few airguns that are actually dangerous, so people couldn't abuse the loophole.

loopholes

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2015, 03:11:09 am »
I should build a spud cannon
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net