Author Topic: Nerf crossbows.  (Read 10250 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: Nerf crossbows.
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »
Just add a power draw requirement for crossbows aswell, it`s the only ranged class that doesnt have a similar requirement.

Having to go against shielders who can spam a pick or a military hammer after they shoot you to pieces is really annoying.

Make PD effect the damage of the xbow don't make it a requirement; because of this, nerf damage of xbows by about 47% forcing people to put PD into their build so they can be effective but everyone would still be able to pick up an xbow off the ground and shoot it but it would do next to no damage. (seeing as even with a +3 arb/sb the average is 30 p damage.) with a 47% nerf to raw damage it would be more like 11-15 p damage. (without any investment)

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 10:28:38 pm »
I remember we tried this once before but there was some type of limitations on xbows because it is a native warband code. I can't remember exactly what it was but it made it pretty hard to nerf xbows if I remember correctly.
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 09:33:18 pm »
I dont think horse should be buffed, I dont know if xbowers should be nerfed, i dont know if anything should be nerfed buffed atm.

But yes, Algarn is right. But i think everyone is right that is complaining about something due to recent changes

When you add weight to arrows/bolts.. in order to reduce ranged kiting to a degree where agi for ath becomes pointless... then it is not strange that archers will switch to higher str builds, and thus do more dmg, or switch to Xbow characters. Xbowers always been very strong, there simply many more of them then before.
The item/class balance is so scrambled at this point, it seems like every class has issue's at this moment.. while in the past it was only maybe 1 or 2 that needed some tinkering at a time

Alot of people simply got the trend to switch characters for each map. horse on horsemaps.. xbowers on building maps etc etc... nothing new. Just a bunch of peeps playing a game for years, having alot of diffrent chars.

Nerfing or buffing 1 thing at a time, causes major unbalance.. always.

If anything, Horses need a HP Buff.

More Hp? Nah, lets give them a 3rd.. or maybe 4th extra live. So when they finally get dehorsed by running into ranged, and finished crying about it. They will have to walk on foot, and their autism doesnt coop well with that... so their horse comes to the rescue... in the form of a spirithorse. So the rider can step back on and continue to 1-2 shot players, and if they are stupid enough to yet agian run into ranged and get dehorsed, there horse will be gone. So they are on foot now, as an effective shielder / 2 hander. If they get killed, they simply get resurrected again... due to the fact that the class has to spend a few points in riding skill... thus unfair. And cry / rage worthy, to get other classes nerfed and theirs buffed  :P

I dont know why im typing in my favorite colour... i thought it was against the rules.. but i guess not!
(click to show/hide)
Everyone pick a colour, some rainbow pride on the crpg forums! Perhaps more colours will widen the spectrum of the black and white thinking balancers!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:30:38 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:24 pm »
+2
Make bolts 1 slot again and we will see a lot less crossbowmen around.

Also please never make crossbows require power draw. Not only does it make LITERALLY no sense, I'd probably just quit playing this mod at that point because of how retarded that would be. The point of crossbows has always been a weapon that can be used with minimal training. It fills that roll. Even with a MW Arb/Steel bolts and 140 wpf in crossbow I still take 5+ seconds to reload and the accuracy isn't that great compared to like Jarids/Throwing Lances which are basically sniper rifles.

If anything needs a fucking nerf its rock throwers
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2015, 11:19:05 pm »
I dont know why im typing in my favorite colour... i thought it was against the rules.. but i guess not!
(click to show/hide)
Everyone pick a colour, some rainbow pride on the crpg forums! Perhaps more colours will widen the spectrum of the black and white thinking balancers!

The actual reason I type in purple has nothing to do with my favorite color or whatever you think I'm trying to do. It is really as simple as TurmoilTom and I, once upon years ago decided to start forum posting in color; I just simply never stopped and If it upsets you that is just an added bonus.

Tristran it does make *some* sense because I never once said crossbows would "require" power draw and every crossbow is made slightly different, realistically speaking. Not to mention no other class is based on realism so why this one? Basically anyone could still use them but there would be an actual difference between no investment and investment. Even WPF is arguably not really necessary. Even with 1 wpf you can make shots accurate enough to be considered reliable.

Making bolts 1 slot again would fix nothing because then bolts would just have no value over steel bolts. However if you made steel bolts 0 slot and bolts 0 slot add ammo to bolts (Like in the past) and make the heavier crossbows 3 slots it would fix all the problems.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2015, 11:27:57 pm »
The actual reason I type in purple has nothing to do with my favorite color or whatever you think I'm trying to do. It is really as simple as TurmoilTom and I, once upon years ago decided to start forum posting in color; I just simply never stopped and If it upsets you that is just an added bonus.

Oh you misunderstood me, im not upset at all... sorry to dissapoint you, not sure what i did to upset you in order for you to think its a "bonus" somehow... I dont understand why someone would find it a bonus to upset someone.
Im happy actually for you, and happy Im able to type in my favorite colour! Seems like i misunderstood the rules.

Perhaps if more users start using colours it will lighten up you're mood, as well as that of others!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:49:06 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 12:35:32 am »
+7

Okay here you go, a nerf crossbow.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 07:27:49 pm »
Imo, out of the 3 ranged classes, crossbows are the least deserving of a nerf.

You are kidding right? Full melee build 1h, 2h... Whatever the fuck you want to use plus the ability to 1 shot someone across the map, it's pretty lame. Also make them where not just any random can pick one up and shoot it, that is also bullshit. If you can't pick up throwing weapons or ride a horse with no skill in it, why pick up a 1 shot xbow and get lucky with it...
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 07:29:43 pm »
+1
You are kidding right? Full melee build 1h, 2h... Whatever the fuck you want to use plus the ability to 1 shot someone across the map, it's pretty lame. Also make them where not just any random can pick one up and shoot it, that is also bullshit. If you can't pick up throwing weapons or ride a horse with no skill in it, why pick up a 1 shot xbow and get lucky with it...
When are you oneshotting people with any crossbow? I dont even one hit you with a headshot

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:28 pm »
+2

Shot by crossbow in-game => rage-post on forums
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2015, 08:45:40 pm »
+1
When are you oneshotting people with any crossbow? I dont even one hit you with a headshot

Not a valid point.. I get shot in the head by an arbalest and im dead, guarantee you that and im one of the stronger ones. It is not to mention all the people in medium/light armor that xbows are completely screwing over. So don't base that off of shooting just me or whatever you are trying to do because I do get 1 shot. It just depends by which xbow and that is the only thing that can one shot, in which require no skill... OP

Shot by crossbow in-game => rage-post on forums

What point is this trying to say? You don't have much of an argument to my last post... I have played an xbower and it is extremely easy/lame. The ability to fight with any weapon now that you got these 0 slot bolts is a bit of a joke. Xbow has been the most OP shit for a long time now. I get high kdrs on everything I play and I can tell you xbow hybrid is at the top, mainly for the free laser shot kills across the map before people come up to me only for me to drop the bow and kill them easily that way also and when there is no other ranged class that is even comparable to how you can fight in melee with an xbow hybrid. You can 135 and 155 wpf or something like that, what a joke.. I can go on and on how broken and not balanced it is comparable to other builds of ranged classes. Hide behind a tree, reload, shoot archer dead.. Rinse repeat until someone tries to melee and whoop their ass too easily. HrM....

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 10:38:11 pm »
I don't play crossbowman and I dislike getting shot/targeted by them when I play. However, in my opinion it's throwers > archers > xbows

If xbow is so easy to play for you, good for you. It doesn't necessarily mean it's better than the other ranged classes, maybe you're bad at archery/throwing.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2015, 10:40:03 pm »
+3
Was there a crossbowmen renaissance while I was away? Last time I was playing often I recall that the problem was still troll throwers/agiwhores, not crossbows.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2015, 01:47:20 am »
As a devout 2h/Xbow I must seriously say to you all....

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2015, 06:38:51 am »
I don't play crossbowman and I dislike getting shot/targeted by them when I play. However, in my opinion it's throwers > archers > xbows

If xbow is so easy to play for you, good for you. It doesn't necessarily mean it's better than the other ranged classes, maybe you're bad at archery/throwing.

No, matter of fact im good at all of those builds... you putting throwers above the two is rather trollish and I know it is just your opinion but yeah, no. Throwers have to risk themselves and run out of throwing weapons rather fast and then what? Can't fight for shit unless they are some crappy hybrid that does minimal damage, they then are not really much of a thrower... Now archers just simply can't fight for shit anyway. Now Xbowers can do all of the fucking above, and then some. Did you really think about your opinion? because it is a WILD one. Your list is honestly completely backwards. Also when you play in strat it is even more of a pain in the ass, defenders all grabbing arbs that they should not be able to use because no skill in it and killing people 1 shotting them, not all the time but does happen. Should they also let people be able to pick up bows and throwing weapons and use those two? Nah

I can guarantee you that all of us would rather go 5 v 5 against a bunch of throwers or archers over xbow hybrid/whatever weapon they want to use build.