Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63074 times)

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #345 on: May 30, 2016, 02:22:36 pm »
+4
I wouldn't say Chaos employs doomstacks as badly as Attila does, they're doable in Warhammer. Ambushing is infinitely easier and it's very useful))

Also;

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:lol:
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #346 on: May 30, 2016, 02:53:48 pm »
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:11:09 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #347 on: May 30, 2016, 03:16:29 pm »
Actually haven't played Atilla. Chaos holds no settlements, instead builds infrastructure in their "Hordes". You get income from fighting and raiding, as well as boost your own growth. In the campaign, you first have to subjugate the Norsca tribes, then, with them providing plenty of support by sending stack after stack of Marauders down south, you can go and wage war on the Empire and other goody factions.

So it's more like the horde mechanics from Attila and Rome: Barbarian Invasion... Interesting...

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #348 on: May 30, 2016, 08:03:13 pm »
I wouldn't say Chaos employs doomstacks as badly as Attila does, they're doable in Warhammer. Ambushing is infinitely easier and it's very useful))

Also;

:lol:

This has happened with one of my shamans 4 or 5 times, he's a gyrating machine

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 31, 2016, 01:52:59 am »
I'm only 80~ turns in with Legendary Vampire Counts, and Chaos are razing everything human around me.
Not a big loss, they have refused to trade with me for decades...
(I'm even starting to colonize the northern waste they left out)

Until the very last turn I saved from, they had never tresspassed within my territory or anything, so we were at peace.
Now they began to raid and corrupt my sylvanian homelands, war is coming... a war between two corruption!

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 31, 2016, 02:24:23 pm »
Any of you guys come across the sneaky Chaos Demon Legendary Lord that the devs placed in the game without any advertisement, bad ass looking 'guy'

This bastard turned up in my coop campaign when playing as Dwarves and Karak Madrid.  Unfortunately they fielded nothing but cav, and besieged a settlement, the Varg had infantry but against thundered and organ cannons they didn't stand much chance.

The demon is unbreakable, a strong magician, is about three times the size of chaos knights.

I'll upload a screenshot in a few hours, but was a giant oh fucj when it turned up. It has its own Map effects and in battle effects as well
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:28:00 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #351 on: May 31, 2016, 04:17:55 pm »
Any of you guys come across the sneaky Chaos Demon Legendary Lord that the devs placed in the game without any advertisement, bad ass looking 'guy'

This bastard turned up in my coop campaign when playing as Dwarves and Karak Madrid.  Unfortunately they fielded nothing but cav, and besieged a settlement, the Varg had infantry but against thundered and organ cannons they didn't stand much chance.

The demon is unbreakable, a strong magician, is about three times the size of chaos knights.

I'll upload a screenshot in a few hours, but was a giant oh fucj when it turned up. It has its own Map effects and in battle effects as well

You mean Chaos version of Big Bird from Sesame Street? Ya I'm not sure what the fuck that is lol. Also who is that other Blonde Chaos lord (his name is escaping me right now), but Chaos get three lords? Favoritism by the devs!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 31, 2016, 04:43:23 pm »
Prince Sigvald the Magnificent? He's a devotee of Slaanesh :)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 31, 2016, 05:19:47 pm »
late to post because I've been playing the game so much. TLDR great game worth the money, not a warhammer fan but setting is actually alot of fun.

I watched mrsmartdonkey and a bit of legendoftotalwar play the game on legendary the weekend before it came out, and thought it looked way too easy but I decided to buy it anyway. I was a big fan of legendary shogun 2 campaigns, where if you start central and get ganged up you just have to start again. And legendary difficulty in rome 2 and attila has always been a cakewalk for me, so I was half expecting totalhammer to be even easier.

but then when I got the game, I tried every faction on legendary and got my ass pounded by the AI so hard. I was really happy about this, I think totalhammer might be the hardest in the series yet on legendary. Its back to shogun 2 legendary with that xcom ironman feel where if you are unlucky with other factions you might simply lose no matter what.

Although after I put in more hours I eventually figured out how to win all factions - apart from empire! I've only played legendary and I assume empire is one of the easiest factions on lower difficulty but on legendary you can't get any agreements out of your nieghbours which is how the faction is designed, and I haven't figured out how to expand yet.

So the easiest faction starts for me where surprisingly greenskins and vampire lords, I think I beat both on my 2nd attempt. If you replay enough campaigns on legendary you will realise that there is actually always alot of luck involved though as where other factions expand and who they war dec can change everything. I've had some REALLY fun campaigns so far, I could probably gush about my experiences for pages...

If you are like me and enjoy out figuring out strats to beat the game yourself consider this a spoiler warning.

(click to show/hide)

So onto some negatives. Main one is I cannot record my experiences because the game performance is complete trash. The game is supposed to look and run better than attila, for me it is the opposite. This is probably because my graphics card was new enough to get lastest driver for attila, but has since been legacy'd and cannot get new driver for totalhammer. Off my head I on normallish settings rome 2 is ~60fps, attila is ~40fps, totalhammer is like ~20-30. I had to set everything to lowest so I could actually play the big multiple stack battles.

I'm at 60 hours now, still got empire to do but I think I won't put as many hours into totalhammer compared to previous total war games. The game is definitely more focused on quality than the quantity of med2/rome 2/attila in terms of factions and gamemap. We knew already warhammer would focus on having very different factions, but I don't see why they couldn't have just made multiple playable factions within each race.

I thought quest system would be the excuse, but this the "quest system" imo is barely even worth mentioning. Apart from like 1 lame battle the are mostly just like missions from all the previous total war games. All the gear makes it more RPG but otherwise I still think shogun 2 had the best generals. Having generals be so strong and only 1 unit has alot of serious gameplay implications, since they have too small hitbox for projectiles and such.

haha written so much didn't even talk about other factions. making myself stop here. grats if you read this far.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 31, 2016, 07:25:42 pm »
+2
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 12:59:48 am by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Mirliva

• Count
  • Renown: 249
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • Defend the catapult! [H]
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Payne von Krems
« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2016, 09:50:06 pm »
Add a poll to suggesting this game or nah. I'm still confused.

Slava Ukraini!

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2016, 09:56:06 pm »
Well, I couldn't wait any longer, just bought it. Can't wait to start playing  :D

I plan on playing Greenskins in a horde style. Stick to owning my starting region and pillage through the old world.  :mrgreen:

Edit: Only 9.4 GB? wtf? that seems wrong

Edit 2: Gay, it didn't give me the week 1 DLC... wtf...

Edit 3: Cymro, that bird is a Lord of Change, a greater demon of Tzeentch. Learn the lore, Warhammer is awesome.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:11:33 pm by Renay »
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2016, 10:05:25 pm »
+4
Add a poll to suggesting this game or nah. I'm still confused.

Yes it is worth

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2016, 10:52:28 pm »
Well, I couldn't wait any longer, just bought it. Can't wait to start playing  :D

I plan on playing Greenskins in a horde style. Stick to owning my starting region and pillage through the old world.  :mrgreen:

Edit: Only 9.4 GB? wtf? that seems wrong

Edit 2: Gay, it didn't give me the week 1 DLC... wtf...

Edit 3: Cymro, that bird is a Lord of Change, a greater demon of Tzeentch. Learn the lore, Warhammer is awesome.

9.4gb compressed.

If you can still get the week 1 free DLC ( even though it's already been released for a week ) I found it myself on the store page and clicked the button to install it, for free. You might have just missed it by a matter of hours if you really cant get it for free still.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:35:44 pm by Leesin »

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2016, 02:20:52 am »
Renay,  I'm a fan but not that much of a fan haha, looked cool was all