cRPG > General Discussion

cRPG Vision - a guide to your recording

<< < (3/3)

F i n:
Cubase comes with an inbuilt beatmachine called groveagent (check first though. I'm not sure if it's also featured in the elements versions). Eventhough its more for synthetic sounds / beat production, there are some ok-ish acoustic sets as well. But you won't be statisfied with the result, if you're looking for an authentic sounding drumset... Groveagent only uses 1sample/note. The pro software usually randomly picks within a set of live recorded samples (depending on strenght etc.)

Best software i've found so far (but thats a bit costy) is the EZ drummer. Though i mainly use it for guidetracks since you're kind of limited when it comes to mixing and the real shit still is a real set. For a quick and good sounding drumtrack - especially when you don't have the mics necessary though, it's perfect.

However, i'm absolutely sure, theres some free software as well! Unfortunately i can't really think of one because i basically never used free vst plugins since 7 years. So i'm not up to date. Check google though! "Acoustic Drums VST" might do the job.

Viriathus:
Cameras and smartphones have pretty good mics nowadays, get on your bathroom and sing there. Unfortunately i dont have a smartphone nor a camera, the only mic i got is my headset and its plugged into my desktop computer, wich is 3 rooms away from my piano. I was thinking of recording in-line with audacity using a borrowed digital piano.

Pestdoktor:

--- Quote from: Finuad on March 13, 2015, 11:48:44 am ---A really good sounding alternative to pro equipment would be one of those zoom recorders. You can connect them via USB, they're not that expensive, they've got good mics and record stereo.
--- End quote ---

I can really recommend this...
Have had my H4 in daily use for nearly a decade now and still love it. I'd go as far as calling Zoom's handy recorders the ultimate choice for hobbyists who don't want to limit themselves to recording inside.

P.S.: Great Introduction

Yeldur:
thx for guide fin1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmos_Shielder:
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version