Author Topic: Ranged issue (nerf throwing in disguise)  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Ranged issue (nerf throwing in disguise)
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 05:04:27 pm »
Perhaps I am doing something wrong, I'm gonna practice this today.

Maybe this:
already pressing 3 keys on keyboards that only recognize up to 3 inputs at the same time (most cheap, non gaming keyboards have that limit).
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 06:54:59 pm »
The animation hiding throwers can do is just crazy, that coupled with lolstabbing makes them very difficult to deal with in melee. I'd say drop the damage a touch on the lower tier throwing weapons like war darts and maybe javelins and slow down the mode change and they shouldn't be too bad. The problem is they're too effective in either melee or range, on my polearmer a few weeks ago I got thrown in the chest by a wardart which did half my health and then stabbed by the wardart guy during my stagger which killed me and I was pretty heavily armoured at the time.

Maybe have different throwing weapons have different specialties like throwing lances being good in melee but not so good in ranged and jarids the opposite so they can both do the job but different choices are better for different situations?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 10:40:58 pm »
+1
The animation hiding throwers can do is just crazy, that coupled with lolstabbing makes them very difficult to deal with in melee. I'd say drop the damage a touch on the lower tier throwing weapons like war darts and maybe javelins and slow down the mode change and they shouldn't be too bad. The problem is they're too effective in either melee or range, on my polearmer a few weeks ago I got thrown in the chest by a wardart which did half my health and then stabbed by the wardart guy during my stagger which killed me and I was pretty heavily armoured at the time.

Maybe have different throwing weapons have different specialties like throwing lances being good in melee but not so good in ranged and jarids the opposite so they can both do the job but different choices are better for different situations?

Wardarts are terrible, who even uses them. Even more so in melee. Nerfing wardarts would make as much sense as nerfing practise sword.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 01:36:45 pm »
+1
-Make throwing lances unusable after 1 throw, if thats not doable just lower the ammo count down to 1 and up dmg back to where it used to be to compensate.
-Remove jump throwing, it was removed for every ranged then baffingly added back to throwers, it's retarded and makes no sense.

Offline Kenda

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 03:57:24 pm »
Perhaps I am doing something wrong, I'm gonna practice this today.

But even so, its realistic. If your holding a javelin, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to stab with it instead of throw it.

I agree. Throwing axes/hammers really suck.

Fuck realism, this is a game which requires balance for full enjoyment and functionality.

Judging a class and all the ppl playing it just by your own experience as a thrower is a very self-centered point of view. And the statement, the class is for trolls only is plain stupid and wrong.

Throwing Damage is high - agreed. But throwing is the ranged class that's got the most penalties.

+High damage
+Dynamic playstyle
+Good VS Cav

-low accuracy
-low ammo
-high weight
-vulnerable against archers
-fucked when ppl start getting shields
-requests high dedication of points

A class is just as good as it's natural enemies are bad.

Throwers seem overpowered because Infantry is crying instead of fighting.

Low ammo is debatable, the ability to easily pick up what you throw aswell as the high damage nullifies the problem a bit, but agreed it is a small penalty.

What's annoying is that throwers can kill any infantry without a shield pointing their way with barely any skill input, the low accuracy is basically nullified in Closer ranged battles, the class is an obvious, practically skilless counter to infantry, to me as someone who likes to take the game quite seriously and do well it breaks the foodchain completely.

I've met throwers in places where I cant get to cover within the next 3 seconds and it's basically a guaranteed kill for him, his skill reflecting my survival is nonexistant.

Avoiding throwers isn't always an option.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:39:46 pm by Kenda »
Trollers hear me, i rek you all motherfuckers in real life. You think you can troll me like this behind your screen foking nerd asses? I m gonna find you and ban your ass myseld.

I m watching you

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 09:07:38 pm »
Fuck realism, this is a game which requires balance for full enjoyment and functionality.

Low ammo is debatable, the ability to easily pick up what you throw aswell as the high damage nullifies the problem a bit, but agreed it is a small penalty.

What's annoying is that throwers can kill any infantry without a shield pointing their way with barely any skill input, the low accuracy is basically nullified in Closer ranged battles, the class is an obvious, practically skilless counter to infantry, to me as someone who likes to take the game quite seriously and do well it breaks the foodchain completely.

I've met throwers in places where I cant get to cover within the next 3 seconds and it's basically a guaranteed kill for him, his skill reflecting my survival is nonexistant.

Avoiding throwers isn't always an option.

Avoiding throwers is quite often an option unless you put yourself in a bad situation. Awareness and positioning is key for everything, while brute force does work at times. Always have atleast one wall to be able to hide behind, even as a shielder, and everything should be gucci.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 03:23:18 pm »
+3
If a thrower can turn his javelin into a melee weapon, why couldn't the melee guy throw his sword as well!?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »
Why would you want to throw your sword away?

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2015, 04:51:03 pm »

Fuck balance.  Realism would be more challenging and fun.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2015, 05:35:45 pm »
CTRL + F stone, rock

no results

Good good... Carry on
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 08:40:46 pm »
Why would you want to throw your sword away?

Well if that is your last chance before being pinned down by a javelin... I would throw mine.