Author Topic: show-damage feature for dtv  (Read 216 times)

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
show-damage feature for dtv
« on: March 07, 2015, 04:18:50 pm »
+1
I don't know why the feature was disabled again, but I guess ppl were complaining about having their health counted down in pvp.

That isn't a problem in dtv and I'm sure lots of ppl want to know how much damage they do with certain builds/weapons. They could always join dtv then for testing and pvp would stay as it is.

Except for one person, I only saw positive feedback for the feature as long as it lasted, so why completely remove it?

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Re: show-damage feature for dtv
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 04:34:42 pm »
+2
I don't know why the feature was disabled again, but I guess ppl were complaining about having their health counted down in pvp.

That isn't a problem in dtv and I'm sure lots of ppl want to know how much damage they do with certain builds/weapons. They could always join dtv then for testing and pvp would stay as it is.

Except for one person, I only saw positive feedback for the feature as long as it lasted, so why completely remove it?

It was interfering with one admin tool and had to have it's key rebound, in effect both show damage and the said admin tool don't work now. At least that's why I think it was disabled for now, not sure. Probably it's more complicated than that.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.