Author Topic: The current adventures of Bryggan  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
The current adventures of Bryggan
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:40:21 am »
+8
Simple mercenary with 500 heavily armed troops is looking for work.  Quite active and very experienced in battles. Personally commanded 25 battles this strat.  Learned a lot about field battles, sieges and defending.  PM me with any offers.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:59:05 am by Bryggan »

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for work
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 05:38:13 am »
+3
Two horsemen ambled down the road from Curaw to Reyvadin, followed by a several donkeys laden with beer kegs and some baggage.

"Well, we had our time in the sun, Dirk, and now the sun has set," Bryggan said, "not bad for a couple of penniless mercenaries."

"And now we are penniless again," grumbled Dirk.

"Ah, maybe not," grinned Bryggan, "We might have something to show for this."

"We should have stayed and fought, dammit!"

"For what?" Bryggan asked, "Our forces were scattered.  Our only hope was to hold the north until Dutchy and Jimmy came.  Once they betrayed us we were hooped.  Did you want to die gloriously on the walls of a burning Curaw, watching our soldiers and population die just for some odd sense of honour?

"The screwed us big.  Odd how Acre grumbled and bitched and complained, yet they stayed loyal, while the others said everything was fine and everything would work out, but they betrayed us."  Bryggan waved a finger. "Steppe folk," he said, "will embrace you like a brother while they hold a dagger to your back, but the knights of Acre will call you a moron and a loser, but will die defending you.

"i cringe when I think of how long the Wardens and the Steppe folk planned this.  A rebellion I understand, but they bided their time.  They smiled  and nodded, while the whole time they conspired with the Wardens.  How they must have giggled thinking of the look in my face when they combined their attacks on us.  I must compliment them on keeping a straight face until now"

"So in your anger you tried to destroy the whole faction", Dirk growled, a scowl on his face.

"Ok, ok, that may have been a bit hasty of me," Bryggan answered, "I will admit I got a bit drunk when I heard of the attack.  Perhaps I overreacted.  I assumed any sane man would make a run for it, like I am doing, and am forcing you to do.  But I guess a lot of these folk insist on dying gloriously, and I should have been kind enough to let them.  I guess many of them would be happy to briefly hold the vestiges of our broken empire."

Dirk responded, "I think most men with honour would have... hold on, a rider approaches."

"Bloody hell, it's Albus!"  Bryggan cried, "Albus, you scoundrel, how goes it?"

Albus rode up on his beautiful, champion courser.  "As well as it can go when one loses a kingdom," he answered, "my villages are being over run by Wardens.  Odd, seeing that they are sworn to defend.  But oh well, easy come, easy go.  But i suppose you lost more- once a high king, and now... um, what are you now?"

"Filthy rich," Bryggan answered, "one doesn't become High King and not amass wealth.  Open that bag there- you'll see its full of diamonds.  I will retire a rich man, and won't have to deal with greasy politics anymore."

"Um, Bryggan,"  Albus said, peering into one of the bags, "This is all just broken glass."

"What!" shrieked Bryggan, "those are diamonds from the Kingdom's treasury!"

"Oh damn," Dirk said.

"What!?"

"Well," Dirk stammered, "every time you got drunk, you'd move the party to the treasury to show off.  I noticed many of the prost... courtesans were helping themselves to the diamonds- so I moved them."

"Oh bloody" Bryggan said, deflated.

"Um yeah," said Dirk, "but you did break a lot of wine bottles while drinking there."

"Damn, damn, damn," Bryggan cursed, "Damn chadz' balls to Warcraft.  I was pretty blasted when I raided the treasury..."  Bryggan looked to the ground miserably, then glanced at Albus.  "Hold on a minute," he said, "are those there rings real?"

"Oh yeah," Albus answered, "Rubies, onyx, sapphires, diamonds, and emeralds, all set in gold.  Kinda uncomfortable, but they look so good.  And see this tunic?  Velucan silk.  Not Nova Velucan either, but real Velucan.  Sharizian leather boots, Shulus wolfskin cloak, and this belt is Dhirim eelskin studded with gold."

"Damn," Bryggan said, "How many villages did you have to raid to afford all that?"

"None," Albus answered, "peasants don't have much gold.  I started trading.  Good mony to be made, what with all the people starving and such."

"Trading, eh?" Bryggan said, rubbing his hands together.

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 06:14:33 am »
+5
Wait... so instead of joining the person you were supposed to marry you're selling yourself like a common whore?! Ok...I see how it is...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:54:05 am »
+1
Well, the lovely yet not so innocent Not So Innocent Virgin should marry a High King- or at least a king.  Such beauty, such class, such fighting skills requires nothing less than an arch-duke.  I, on the other hand, and am just a mere purveyor of fine goods from foreign lands (feel free to ask me about loyal customer coupon rewards).

My dear, how I would have feted you in Curaw while I was the High King.  But my empire crumbled, dissolved from within.  I, in my vanity, thought I could hold together diverse clans.  I was wrong, and I failed.  And now I have run away, tail between my legs.  Would you like to be married to a coin counter?  Would you like our honeymoon to be held on a dusty caravan?  Would you like our early years to be spent arguing with merchants, babe in one arm while the three older children scamp about in the filthy streets of some foreign bazaar?  And our latter years sitting in some oversized, mirthless mansion in the mercantile district pouring over ledgers and account books while our spoiled children waste our savings?

No, not for you my lady.  Go marry sJimmy.  He is a King Emporer now, and will no doubt sweep over Calradia.  The few who defy him will be quickly ganked.  He will no doubt have a few cities that will be crime free, and enough traders to shower you with jewels.

Ours was a sweet romance, but the dictates of Strat (players) means we can never be together.  I will remain a batchelor, but shall always carry the sword scars you gave me with sweet yet bitter remembrances.

Sigh.

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:13:41 am »
+4
You suggest that I marry that dishonorable rebel leader? You must think very little of me.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 07:47:02 am »
+1
I think, m'lady, that you are worth more than an Empire.  sJimmy may be a traitor, but he is bound to win.  And winners write history.  He will be known as 'sJimmy the Liberator', and you could go down in history as his loving and supportful wife, the Queen of Calradia.  There is also Dutchy, the most powerful man in NA.  Not a God-Emporer-King, but the power behind the throne.  His betrayal is not so damning, because I never told him the effects of a possible betrayal.  Only because I never suspected it.

But there must be other men as well, men of position and power.  But let me tell you this:  I shall always remain your most ardent admirer.  While I am on some mountainous goat trail, watching my goods-laden donkeys tumble off the crevasse (costing 782 silver each), my mind will still be on you.  I will think of the poetry I sent you, the coy smiles you gave me while Tristan looked on disapprovingly, not sure whether my status outweighed my churlishness- ah, sweet times:) 

Offline Lord Camulos

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader of Acre
  • Game nicks: Camulos
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 02:18:45 am »
Bryggan You really need to see who really is behind this rebellion, it is not sjimmy but the wardens, you need to see the banner he flys. I say this was the wardens plans all along and their money that funded their army (Along with ours)
For Honor.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 03:21:10 am »
I wish that this sort of thing was bigger in strat 4/early strat 5. Seems breddy cool.

I respect what you're trying to do, Bryggan. I will remember fondly our small stint together in which you came into our TS frequently and knocked over your beer can mountain often.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 04:44:31 am »
+6
Yeah, I definitely had fun this strat.  The RP made it fun, and the game became less about winning and more about driving a good plot driven storyline.  Too bad I just couldn't RP rampant homosexuality, or I would have stayed with you.  I am half Frisian, but only about 2% gay (hey, I like gladiator movies- so what?).

But Camulos:

(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 03:01:45 am »
+1
better watch ur back real close

u got some buddies hiding in ur shadows

u cross a witch

her friends will meet u at the crossroads

j/k ur still cool

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 05:58:07 am »
a few days ago

King James scowled at Bryggan.  "You are the anointed one of chadz," he said, "It just looks wrong that you still attend pagan festivals.  I realize there is a lot of drinking at these things, but you must stop attending these chadzforsaken events."

"Bloody hell," said Bryggna, "It's just a grand old pissup.  Better than you torturing your peasants to bcome chadzians."

"All I did was order them to listen to me until they were converted."

"Yeah, with guards all around.  Listening to you go on and on about the blessings of chadz is worse than torture.  No wonder the awful rumours spread about so quick.  Most people would take the rack over one of your sermons."

Dirk, over hearing this, had to speak up.  "But James," he said, "if you are so against heresy and such a good chadzian, why do you allow Withcraft in your clan?"

Albus heard this too.  He spat to his left to avert evil.  "Yeah, WTF," he said, "i mean, we do human sacrifices once in awhile, but what she does is... mean.  We kill the body, to see what the gods want, but she takes the soul."

"She is downright evil", piped in Sitvek.

"Yeah, but evil on our side," laughed Bryggan.

King James looked about, an oddly confused look on his face.  " Well, well, he stammered.  Then suddenly all expression left his face.  "Witchcraft is a good chadzian," he said in a monotone voice. "She is the epitome of  a chadzian soul," he droned, eyes rolling upwards to show the whites of his eyes.  He dug in his shirt and withdrew a charm on a necklace.  "She gave me this Donkifix.  The eternal chadz on a donkey."

The charm he withdrew was not a donkifix, but an upside down pentagram with a rolling eye in the centre.  And the bloody eye looked too real to be an artisans work.  Dirk, Albus, Sitvek and Bryggan all spat to the left.

"Bloody hell," Dirk said, "Damn us all to Warcraft."

"Shut up,"Bryggan ordered. "That is a damn fine donkifix, and it will bring chadz' blessings on us."  he said to James.  Then he whispered to his companions , "if we're gonna have a bloody witch around, we best have her on our side."

The three thirteen knights spat to their left again and stood in silence.  Eventually James's eyes rolled back to their normal position.  "Um, what were we talking about?"

"Just saying how I gave sJimmy and Dutchy the dispositions of our army," Bryggan said, "they know exactly where we are strong and where we are weak.  They know I asked most of Acre and C-bots to move to the south.  I told them the 13K can hold the north until they get here."

"Well, sure," James said, "if you can trust those morons."

"Of course I can trust them," Bryggan spat, "these gentlemen are here to play a game.  Fuck old strat, where no one could trust anyone.  The people who war now just want to keep Calradia alive.  There is no way they'd risk active players rage quitting!"

"Whatever," James said.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 06:19:39 am »
+4
"I like trains" - Albus

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 08:11:08 am »
+2
scared of the dark

hey man i tried to change my ways and follow the light

but black magic is like milk of the poppy

even if you swear off it and live clean

it will haunt you forever

it clings to your bones like the peat-laden aftertaste of a deep smokey scotch

lingering

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 09:24:50 pm »
+1

(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 12:54:30 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

bottled black magic, it is

a bit of smoke and piss in there too