Author Topic: Rebels in the Steppe  (Read 5105 times)

Offline sJimmy

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Rebels in the Steppe
« on: February 07, 2015, 02:58:30 am »
+3
Rebellion

When the newly appointed Governor of the North from the Legionaries provinces in the Steppe region; He quickly installed training to the Barbarian and Knightly warriors to organize and supplies for the War Bands of the North. He was met with swift opposition in deadlocking the whole Kingdom with insults and incompetence’s rain high from the Knightly warriors. The old Legionary Knight form old times past could not believe his eyes and ears. So this old Legionary Knight from old times past, talked to the King of the North and suggested that in order to quell the insane, that he the old one should step down as Governor and become Chancellor to the King. Then things turned to worse. The might warriors from the Legionaries provinces where be treated with disrespect but not only that, they could no longer stand the incompetence form the Knightly warriors, having killed off three thousand men that could have been used for the front lines in battle. Then, these Knightly warriors attacked an ally of the Legionaries and took land of their ally. The Legionaries could no longer stand by with this forced treaty that the King had forced upon the men of the Steppe by everything that had happened and by that the brave Legionaries knowing they would rather die a free man than slave, decreed it wanted its freedom back!

Ravens Sent

The Imperator, now called Emperor-King for its dark ages of this Fifth Age that never ends, called all Loyal Retainers to the Crown to fight for the Royal Blood line of the famed Warrior Prince. Then, the Emperor-King sent ravens into the land to anyone not affected by the plague to come and fight by the right to party hard. To come to the Aid of the Emperor-King from days of past. The Emperor-King sent a raven to Legate and Sage. Upon receiving the raven the Legate and Sage read what was said, he had just received orders to attack. Realizing that Glory’s battle shall take place and commences. The outcome of the region is at stake in this march of attack, one shall stand one shall fall. A final message was read, Victory or Death!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:41:49 am by sJimmy »
"By what you decide to do every day you will be a good man or not." – Knights Hospitaller, 2nd Crusade

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
Re: Rebels in the Steppe
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:22:41 am »
Bryggan heard the news and shrugged.  'My own bloody fault for trusting people', he thought.  He had tried making people work together, hoping to make them focus on RP and maps and strategy rather than personal feelings.  He had failed.  'Fuck this land,' he figured, 'Kingship is for people who hate and mistrust.  I foolishly gave my word sJimmy could be trusted, and now i know my word is false.'

He considered fighting.  But he had given his word.  In fact the words came back clearly to him- "Jimmy', he had said, "Do you know why I trust you?  It is because if you ever betray me, I will quit.  And I will ask everyone that will listen to me to quit as well.  You can have your empire, but it will be an empty one.'

And so Bryggan spoke, and so Bryggan must act.  He quietly packed up some precious gems and plenty of beer, then snuck out of Curaw.  'Leave them to their own fate'.  Then he rode off.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:01:50 pm by Dutchydave »

Offline Lord Camulos

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader of Acre
  • Game nicks: Camulos
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 05:08:44 pm »
+6
I will not give up, I don't know the meaning of quit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:26:01 pm by Lord Camulos »
For Honor.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 09:37:04 pm »
+1
ROFLMFAO

WTF IS GOING ON?

i dont understand any of this lol
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 02:21:21 am »
+3
I go and see ONE play and everything goes to shit. Bring back Kingdom of the North  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 03:03:52 am »
+7
I go and see ONE play and everything goes to shit. Bring back Kingdom of the North  :(

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 03:35:23 am »
+1
LAME, LAME, LAME! SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

Somehow Acre had access to my roster and take everyone off with 2mins to go. That is as lame as it gets if you ask me. Pity you are so incompetent that you cant even sabotage a roster when you have access and want to do such a low act.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 08:37:32 am »
+5
The truth of Jimmy's treachery revealed! How scandalous! How could you do it Jimmy, how?!?!?!

Bryggan: though [those] cursed with iron hats with aventail- I will never forgive Jimmy for looming those
Bryggan: I mean wtf!
Bryggan: barbaric armour with gay ass french helms?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:09:01 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 09:29:55 am »
+5
Dammit Jona, that was a private conversation I thought.  What next?  Are you going to publish those duets we did of 'Islands in the Stream' too?  But, a little background- I did say I was not mad about sJimmy's treachery, but what really pissed me off was them damn iron top hats- with no monocle, I might add.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 09:56:36 am »
By the way, rebels rebel on their own.  Traitors work in concert with an enemy.  So these fellows are treacherous, not rebellious.

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 05:00:08 pm »
+3
By the way, rebels rebel on their own.  Traitors work in concert with an enemy.  So these fellows are treacherous, not rebellious.

Not true. Rebels look for ways to secure their own homeland.  Such as when the Irish during their efforts to rebel circa 1914-1916 accepted some weapons shipments from German U-boats so they'd have a chance fighting against the Brits.  Perhaps they were tired of dying by the thousands in another one of england's wars. Rebels, over the course of history have looked for outside help because usually they are under-powered compared to the state they are fighting. Oh, like the American Revolution seeking aid from the French against the British. Usually though, the minds of the authority that is being rebelled against, rebels are ALWAYS traitors. In the case of those who rebels, they both won so they get to call themselves rebels and later a sovereign state  instead of traitors.   Rebels who don't succeed merely continue to be rebels at best, traitors and malcontents more likely.

As for Duchy, we gave them supplied them with nothing.  We did coordinate our attacks so that the effect would be overwhelming. This is just sound strategic planning.

I also have to commend those in Acre and 13th K who chose to fought. You earned great honor in my opinion doing so.

Offline sJimmy

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 05:22:42 am »
+1
The Rebels have been deemed successful. What now happens after the Rebellion is time for terms to be made. I present to former members of the Kingdom of the North an ultimatum. To King Bryggan and his 13k band of warriors and to King James and his Crusaders of Acre and to Pope Volkwin of the Sword.

All members are to leave at once from the areas of the Steppe. They will be allowed to leave the area unharmed, but if they do not leave the area they may be attacked. Other than that, the Legionaries won’t peruse any forces into the Snow of the Tundra nor where ever they will to resettle. As long as it’s not the Steppe. A treasure of One Million Dinars of Legionaries silver shall be presented to the once “High King” Bryggan to be distributive his former subjects how he see fit shall be waiting for him when he wishes to collect. Since this dissolution of the Kingdoms of the North any factions that arise from its ashes wish to make peace may do so as long as they agree to the terms. 

Ravens have been sent to The Wardens of the North and they have responded saying what favorable terms we offer here today. And they too, may wish to send terms to the Kingdom of the North or what is left of them.
"By what you decide to do every day you will be a good man or not." – Knights Hospitaller, 2nd Crusade

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »
+4
Indeed. The Wardens of the North also seek peace terms that could be favorable to Acre as well as ourselves.   Right now, Acre's position in the tundra is not really fair to them. Its between two factions they have had hostile relations with, and there is not much room to expand and trade without bumping in to other people's claim.

We would be interested in looking at peace terms that could see Acre relocated to another part of the map where they could have ample room to rebuild.  Talanarsis has expressed interest in this idea too. House Stark has ample territory but is short on manpower. 

Honestly, if we as faction leaders all sat down it would be perfectly easy to redraw up the strat map as we see fit, as there are so many afk fiefs.  Acre has long been a realm under siege and thats got to be tiresome. Now is a good opportunity to change that for the sake of the game.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 09:07:06 pm »
+2
I will talk to my guys about the idea. Most find the game tiresome and pointless when we are ganked over and over by those we work with.