Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefield 3  (Read 9126 times)

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
Star Wars Battlefield 3
« on: January 29, 2015, 04:50:59 pm »
+6
I am sooooooo excited, I played 1 and 2 to death - really looking forward!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: Star Wars Battlefield 3
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 04:59:17 pm »
+1
Aw yes. This is gonna be good, I regreted so much graphics were horrible on SWB2, and gameplay was too plain on SWB1. The first shooters I ever played :D

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:15:17 pm »
+1
Battlefront 1 and 2 were so good. Shitty graphics or not. Shame this is just in First Person it seems. Hope not every damn Battlefield mechanics/feature is implemented in Battlefront 3 and thus making it look like just a BF4 with Star Wars mod

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 2193
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:13:07 pm »
Game shown in OP's video was cancelled, highly doubt any of that will end up in Battlefront 3.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 06:44:13 pm »
Preferred Battlefront 1, all the vehicles felt meatier, in Battlefront 2 everything had boost and bounced around like shit. When an AT-ST shot near you Battlefront 1 you went flying and died, if it shot near you in Battlefront 2 it did nothing.

I know the 2nd had sprint and space battles etc, but the sprint mechanic didnt feel that well suited to the gameplay, the first game felt in a way like you were playing a Stormtrooper/rebel/whatever from the films, the 2nd one didnt capture that. Loved playing as a jedi, but they never made me piss myself in fear the way the relentless invincible jedi in the first game did if you ran into one and they werent near a ledge and you had no vehicles to crush them with.

Battlefront 3 overdue, but i gots no console to play it on unless it's somehow a PS2 release xD

Gets chased by jedi/sith in BF. Manages to get away thanks to master race jetpack. #JetTrooper2OP. Wonder if Jet troopers will be in SWBF3

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 06:49:20 pm »
+1
Sorry to burst any of your guys' bubbles, but I've been following this game for a while, and

Game shown in OP's video was cancelled, highly doubt any of that will end up in Battlefront 3.

that is correct. This video just shows footage from the battlefront trailer mixed with various other (now-canceled) games gameplay.

And HESKEY speaks the truth... bf1 > bf2.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:48:07 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 07:02:39 pm »
Phew. So it might look better.

Please bring back capture points.

And HESKEY speaked the truth... bf1 > bf2.

Space combat and certain maps were cooler tho. And Assault in Mos Eisley

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 07:11:22 pm »
2:35 onwards was the cancelled BF3, before that seems to be Dice's stuff.

Not sure what to think about the new upcoming one, will probably get it (unless reviews are shite). Though I'm not a huge fan of the battlefield series, but I loved battlefront 1 & 2 (wasn't a fan of the BF2 mid round/perm non-optional upgrades though).

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 07:23:10 pm »
They said they got some Pandemic devs in on the game, but I hope they will stay true to the original games. Also I hope they get to their senses and bring in 3rd person. One of the things I liked in the battlefront games was looking at my character. Personally loved the style for the rocket troops in BF2.

(click to show/hide)

I'm also a little pissed at EA for shutting down Pandemic + servers for their LOTR game. And now they were "given back the rights" to make another battlefront game just with Dice instead. I really hope they don't make it into a battlefield clone ...

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 08:00:00 pm »
+1
2:35 onwards was the cancelled BF3, before that seems to be Dice's stuff.

It even shows it in the video, but that is footage from "first assault," another canceled star wars game. The only thing from dice is the snowy hoth scene that is the trailer they showed at e3... doesn't even show a second of gameplay. :(

Space combat and certain maps were cooler tho. And Assault in Mos Eisley

Yeah, space was definitely cool, and a great addition, but it left something to be desired with horrible AI and simply being far too limiting (each mothership only had 4 rooms, small maps, only 16 bots on a team, etc). Same can be said for hero assault on mos eisley. Luckily, with new consoles/better PCs both of those problems are easily fixed. It did well for its time, but space battles/hero assault don't really hold up all that well nowadays. At least the bad AI is easily excused in the standard conquest mode since looking at the source material, stormtroopers can't hit shit anyways. :D

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 09:24:53 pm »
It even shows it in the video, but that is footage from "first assault," another canceled star wars game. The only thing from dice is the snowy hoth scene that is the trailer they showed at e3... doesn't even show a second of gameplay. :(
You what?!?
I didn't even know there was another cancelled battlefront esque game :(.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 09:40:50 pm »
My angus is peppered for BF3.

Are they doing multiple eras like BF2 with the clone wars and the rebels vs the empire?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »
My angus is peppered for BF3.

Are they doing multiple eras like BF2 with the clone wars and the rebels vs the empire?

I'm trying not to get too depressed before seeing any actual footage, but so far BF3 is shaping up to be a letdown. It is rumored to be only the rebels vs. empire, to better tie in with the new movies, supposedly (it is apparently going to be released the same month as episode 7 hits theaters). Also, it is rumored to only be a fps. In any official news released by EA regarding the new game, they refer to it as a fps. While the original bf games were mainly 3rd person, and I personally enjoyed them far more in 3rd person, they did offer the ability to switch into first person view, so we can keep our fingers crossed that the reverse will be true for the new game. So far it is looking like a star wars-skinned battlefield game, which isn't necessarily a good thing (imo) since that series has gone downhill ever since bad company 2.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »
+1
I'm trying not to get too depressed before seeing any actual footage, but so far BF3 is shaping up to be a letdown. It is rumored to be only the rebels vs. empire, to better tie in with the new movies, supposedly (it is apparently going to be released the same month as episode 7 hits theaters). Also, it is rumored to only be a fps. In any official news released by EA regarding the new game, they refer to it as a fps. While the original bf games were mainly 3rd person, and I personally enjoyed them far more in 3rd person, they did offer the ability to switch into first person view, so we can keep our fingers crossed that the reverse will be true for the new game. So far it is looking like a star wars-skinned battlefield game, which isn't necessarily a good thing (imo) since that series has gone downhill ever since bad company 2.

I hope not... otherwise..

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1710
  • Infamy: 852
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 11:00:34 pm »
You what?!?
I didn't even know there was another cancelled battlefront esque game :(.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_First_Assault