Author Topic: Question re autoblock  (Read 7236 times)

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
Question re autoblock
« on: January 24, 2015, 06:23:26 pm »
+6
If I am behind an enemy and am feinting between attacks and hes changing his blocks perfectly is this likely to be autoblock? If so theres people using it.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
Re: Question re autoblock
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 06:34:13 pm »
+1
cRPG's increased field of vision allows for this, manually.

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 07:17:00 pm »
+6
If I am behind an enemy and am feinting between attacks and hes changing his blocks perfectly is this likely to be autoblock? If so theres people using it.

Or he's very experienced and your feints are predictable. 

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 07:21:09 pm »
+1
I usually do that to see if i wouldve blocked it if he would fight me, just curiosity, some people have macros and never change them, so its predictable, or just the same muscle memory
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Smokey_The_Wrastler

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:01:20 pm »
+1
Idk if the person has it or not, but there is an undetectable auto-block that works on any version of Warband, even if it gets updated.  It can also be toggable, so if somebody tells you to block up or in a different direction you can switch it off and on with the press of a button and win confrontations.  I do know that aimbot is allowed but idk about autoblock

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 08:26:34 pm »
+7
Idk if the person has it or not, but there is an undetectable auto-block that works on any version of Warband, even if it gets updated.  It can also be toggable, so if somebody tells you to block up or in a different direction you can switch it off and on with the press of a button and win confrontations.  I do know that aimbot is allowed but idk about autoblock

You seems to well know how it work..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 09:58:25 pm »
+7
Some people just use so-called "pro gaming mice". Like this one:
Afaik, macros allow you not only attack with Quray-style derpy feints, but also to block with almost 100 percent accuracy. To be honest I've never been concerned about it until I saw this one guy. He was incredibly good at blocking (actually he was blocking all the craziest swings and feints perfectly), and at the same time you could easily say that he's a newbie by the look of his clumsy attacking moves. I was dueling with him before the videos has been filmed and it took about four minutes to kill him, because all he was doing is blocking only, while the only way to kill him was to hit him during his own swing. When I accused him of cheating, he made a shielder char and finally started to attack (or at least he pretended that he attacks, like holding swings sometimes and so on) but still the videos shows you how that macro block thing is working. He confirmed that he uses the macro block:
Quote from: FridzMaster
its a macro right click not a cheat with that i can change direction block without right click at same time
Of course, I think that all this macro stuff gives people who are using it a big advantage over normal players. But since the macro stuff is not forbidden in this game we're gonna deal with it or get the fuck outta here. The way it is.
(click to show/hide)
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Kalam

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 10:39:53 pm »
+3
Auto-block is something only inexperienced (or people who never really learned the melee mechanics) players truly benefit from. The fact is, most cRPG players are good enough that failed blocks aren't the primary reason people lose. It's footwork, timing, and mind games.

I've experimented with macros, and find them to be sub-par compared to regular intuition. You essentially limit yourself by over committing- and forcing the other player to over commit is the primary mode of defensive exploitation that a skilled melee cRPG player uses.

All this works against the average player of 2013 or some new-ish player now. I'm not sure what advantage it confers to anyone today aside from sheer laziness in grinding or some shit, even if it's used. I'm not even convinced it is regularly used.

tl;dr Auto-blocks and macros are tools that only benefit newbies/less curious learners. Since there aren't many newbies around, it doesn't make sense for many cRPG players to utilize it.

Edit: what is shown in that video is also possible by simply holding down attack at all times, as well as certain settings (high sensitivity, artificial acceleration, and deceleration) that are not useful (they hurt you, in fact) for fps and mobas.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:43:48 pm by Kalam »

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 10:45:08 pm »
Micro - I don't know what do you mean but sometimes when I am blocking and someone feints, I instictevely move my mose without aidibly clicking RMB and it changes my block right when the attack hits. This happened so many time that I needed to ivestigate this and upon further inspection it seems I do actually click it ever so slightly.
OP - you can look behind yourself when you push ; ;)
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 10:58:08 pm »
+7
I don't know about autoblock. But a good number of people are definitely using them macros.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1037
  • Infamy: 2946
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 12:34:44 am »
+1
Would like to have autoblock at this point. This stupid lag combined with my build (now I'm 100% sure that weapon swing speed is in direct correlation with block response speed, something most people say is instant regardless of build or weapon) translates into me being able to block very few hits these days. But it's not a big deal, just need to start wearing some plate armor and start laughing at puny humans around me (Porthos for example).

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 12:34:51 am »
+10
I do know that aimbot is allowed

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Kalam

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 02:22:43 am »
+4

Aimbot is not allowed.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 03:45:49 am »
+3
I think most of you skipped the part "behind an enemy", not the fact that they can follow the feints but that they do it with their backs turned.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:22 am »
+4
I don't know about autoblock. But a good number of people are definitely using them macros.

qorayyyyyyy
dunno about spamwhore but i tease him with it, since it definately seems like it :)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.