Author Topic: Soylent  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Soylent
« on: January 19, 2015, 04:45:17 pm »
Anyone outside of the community wants to pay for early access? Fuck'm!
In the mean time time have a 'Food for thought' funding button on the page. And I mean, literally.
There's this thing called Soylent, which is a mixture of all the essential things human body needs. The price is aproximately 3 dollars a day per-son.
On top of that it's a smoothy-like liquid so it will also take less time to eat and is supposed to be healthy(I'm not saying you guys aren't eating healthy already), so it could potentially speed everything up.
Your thoughts? http://www.soylent.me/#/
BTW don't take the first sentence seriously its to spark up your attention.  :P
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Soylent
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 06:17:30 pm »
No thanks, I like food. Also, the head of the project looks pretty unhealthy as far as I remember.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 06:27:44 pm »
I don't like food, but i'm not too sure about ordering nutrients from abroad, lol.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 06:31:31 pm »
+1
I don't like food, but i'm not too sure about ordering nutrients from abroad, lol.

Or giving money to really shady shit like this.  At least with M:BG I knew where the money would be going

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:18:38 pm »
The dude behind the idea himself once said he too still enjoyed food and this is not even meant to replace food for good. It is supposed to be a fast nutrition boost for occasions on which you don't have the time to eat before leaving home, say, for work. Or maybe you simply don't have the energy to even go make yourself a sandwich and could use a full stomach.

I initially didn't like the idea either. But now I am very interested in it. The grave reeality is that we probably won't even get it in Turkey or if we do, that 3-Dollar price tag will turn into at least quadruple the price because of the unending import taxes and fees grabbed by intermediaries.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 08:46:12 pm »
Ok, you're probably right. We could still raise money to hire a poacher who would bring them ducks, right?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 08:51:26 pm »
Ok, you're probably right. We could still raise money to hire a poacher who would bring them ducks, right?

Why not do it yourself?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 09:36:15 pm »
+1
What does this have to do with M:BG?

im lost  :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 09:48:48 pm »
What does this have to do with M:BG?

im lost  :|

Nothing, seeing as that game is currently in limbo

Forgive us for being bored

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 12:50:41 am »
+1
Food system devised by a guy with no previous knowledge, doing experiments on himself using a bottom up approach and making some adjustments when people point out how retarded that is even if a doctor hasn't diagnosed him as malnourished within weeks, which was apparently his expectation if it wasn't up to his standards.

Wow, so far, it's sounding like not necessarily a horrible idea, if you ignore some parts. It's also an unpleasant liquid that always tastes like the same batch of blenderised vitimin tablets.

Somehow, I don't forsee long and interesting lives for participants.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 01:07:25 am »
+2

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 01:25:24 am »
Food system devised by a guy with no previous knowledge, doing experiments on himself

Don't forget the part where he purposely destroyed all of his microbial flora and fauna on purpose. He was doing a "survive with as little water as possible" challenge and wanted to conserve water by shutting down his poop system since pooping "costs" water.

Feces are almost entirely deceased gut bacteria and water. I massacred my gut bacteria the day before by consuming a DIY Soylent version with no fiber and taking 500mg of Rifaximin, an antibiotic with poor bioavailability, meaning it stays in your gut and kills bacteria. Soylent’s microbiome consultant advised that this is a terrible idea so I do not recommend it. However, it worked. Throughout the challenge I did not defecate.

What a fucking idiot. He is gonna have to have a family member's poop inserted up his ass to repopulate his gut. No really, that is the safest most effective way to treat loss of gut microbes I'm not even joking. Look it up.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2115
  • Infamy: 520
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 02:07:43 am »
Or he can start eating real food once again and eventually gut microbes will return to normal.

Offline GiuseppeBlackRose

• Count
  • Renown: 270
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
  • GFORCE Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 03:51:04 am »
+3
Food system devised by a guy with no previous knowledge, doing experiments on himself using a bottom up approach and making some adjustments when people point out how retarded that is even if a doctor hasn't diagnosed him as malnourished within weeks, which was apparently his expectation if it wasn't up to his standards.

Wow, so far, it's sounding like not necessarily a horrible idea, if you ignore some parts. It's also an unpleasant liquid that always tastes like the same batch of blenderised vitimin tablets.

Somehow, I don't forsee long and interesting lives for participants.

[[as he Gobbles Down mcCheesyburger]]

Your'e not very smart are you...?

But then again you did pay for mbg so i guess that answers my ques hahahahahaha  :lol:

No one from remnant has enough skill or dedication to join my mafia, Sorry.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 07:33:19 am »
+4
Or he can start eating real food once again and eventually gut microbes will return to normal.

yeah but if you fuck it up this badly, most doctors will recommend that you shove a family member's poop up your butt for quick recovery

that is also way funnier than eating foods with active cultures in them

put the poop

in your butt