Author Topic: C-Rpg Classic  (Read 14908 times)

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: C-Rpg Classic
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2014, 01:26:23 am »
+6
CRPG died.... because battle turned into a giant duel server.  There is no teamwork.  There is not balance.  It's a bunch of agi 2h running around thinking they're bad because they can swig fast. 

Removing archery etc.... killed the mod.  Think about it.  We nerfed archery into the ground.  Within a few months the mod went from like 60-80 people a night.... to 20.  It's not a strategy, fighting, team oriented game anymore.  Now it's just dueling.  They should have just created a FFA server for people who didn't want to use tactics.  I use to play this game and enjoy it on multiple levels.  I enjoyed having to protect myself from ranged etc.  Now.... you just charge and fight.  It's a pure action game.  And when they removed the teamwork aspects.... clans died... and the rest is history. 

The retirement system might have been the initial draw for new players.  But the teamwork aspects kept people playing.  All the players who bitched because they couldn't charge their 15-27 agi 2h builds in light/medium armor directly into the fight because of ranged.... got their way.  Mods dead. 

Offline Lezard

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2014, 01:27:41 am »
+3
I personally stopped playing cRPG due to the low population and becuase too many skilled players stopped playing, making it a lot less interesting. No patch and no recent change made me leave the mod.

If you play native and you consistently want to face good players, your only options are IG battlegrounds and the ludus duel server as far as I know. Been playing there myself a tiny bit recently to satisfy my Warband needs. Still, not everyone playing there is a good player of course. You will enjoy your time there if you like a competitive playground, though I think most people who try their luck on IG GTXs after a few rounds

The reason native is alive and kicking is obviously beucase it's the default module for the game and the most balanced playground for veterans and newer players. There's also a lot more server options for new players who might not want to end every map at the bottom of the scoreboard. Native is basically a medieval counter part of Counter Strikes in a sense, and we all know how timeless CS is.

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2014, 02:09:57 am »
+3
As far as I'm concerned, this mod population is just getting lower because of three main, and easy to fix/change facts : (i'll make space around each fact so that maybe someone who actually have an influence on this mod can see it)

- Half of the maps proposed on EU1 or EU2 are just fucking bullshit, we fucking complain about some of them for months/years and they are still in and appears too much (if you want examples i have plenty). If you don't know what map to put, just give us the original native maps, they are much better than most of those we have today

- The servers are fucking laggy for months, especially EU1. It used to be fine before but for like 2 months the servers are lagging hard

- Just FUCKING remove rain and night ! Who fucking enjoy playing with rain or night time? This should have been removed since 2010

Just do something about those three things and i'm sure we'll get much more players, maybe not new players, but at least those who are currently playing won't quit after 10 minutes gaming because there's a shitty map on or night time.
Of course, there are some other problems like the fact that agi based build players are just levelling down this game or that archers are overnerfed (some of them do less than 10% damages, pretty pathetic). But the priority, imo, is to fix the three points above.

PS : Players who are not playing at all or who are playing agi 2h should have some sort of badges on their character description, so that i could know easily what posts i have to skip

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2732
  • Infamy: 2789
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2014, 02:21:27 am »
IT'S ALIVEEE!!!

No, it's not. It is very dead, to the point where having intercourse with it becomes disgusting. This mod has gone a long way, but like all bad things, this mod has to die.

Darn holidays time and you can't fill a server lol. Does anyone remember when you had to refresh server list in order to join EU1? Me neither...

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2014, 04:33:21 am »
+2
For it to be fair I think you have to consider eu3 as the ludus and eu1 as IG_Battlegrounds but that's not the gem of native, it's matches. IG isn't that bad after they introduced arbitrarily restrictions for amount of cavalry and archers. Either way native is still alive and well (the only part that matters: the competitive scene, the players who aren't garbage and care about the game)
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2014, 08:48:52 am »
Honestly my experience and probably a vast majority of players new and veteran alike log into the one battle battle server and it's a shitty hill infested camp map with cav raping your spawn and spectating a poor aim camping crossbowman exchanging fire with kiting weapon dropping archers scrounging for arrows and you quit from boredom especially without multis going.

Just have a good maps with respawns and the game would be worth looking at sometimes outside of nonexistent good Strat battles. Just add Strat capital city maps to a modified Siege server or something.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2014, 10:02:35 am »
+1
I wouldnt even blame weather for players leaving this mod. People complained about it so often already: If you create new game mechanics you should also try to make them ..... well realistic. 1h cav hit boxes, 2h stab, ghost range and many other issues. And now we sadly have this chain reaction of people leaving the game :( 
Anyone wants to bet how many players are going to play crpg next christmas?^^
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2014, 12:10:05 pm »
Leshma, you believe it should be much easier to fill servers at christmas? Ain't nobody got time for that
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2014, 12:42:24 pm »
+8
I've stopped playing because everybody else has. Its not fun for me to play when there's only 20 people on a server and I believe this to be the same for most people.

So I have a suggestion, Vanguard was most active when we did a clan event. Which was basically, we just set a time for everybody to be on and we all played. Why not just do the same here but on a bigger scale. For example we set a time, like Sunday at 6 and try to get as many people as possible to turn up to eu 1. Tell all your clannies all your friends, people that have quit etc. I'm sure we could get at least 80 people for a few hours. You never know it might even re-ignite some peoples passion for the game, to play again on a full server.

Tell me what you think, could try and get devs to give some incentive for people to turn up, like double xp/gold or no upkeep etc. Anything to bring a bit of life back into the game.

I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2014, 01:08:40 pm »
+4
With a weak playerbase it is indeed not a bad idea to concentrate people's playtimes by setting happy hours or something, or just announcing a time. Coordination problems might cause a server to rarely reach a decent population, but if everybody knows that there is a point in time to expect others to play, you might suddenly have a full server again. Even something like double xp could work. It wouldn't motivate me and many others to play because of the xp, but because everybody expects people to be motivated to play it creates a focal point.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2014, 01:10:28 pm »
Speaking about happy hour, mercenaries mod has that I think at 18.00 to 19.00 every day and it usually gets the server from 30-40 players to around 80 or more.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1374
  • Infamy: 625
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2014, 01:26:57 pm »
Mercenaries mod isn't dead? Average population of 30-40? That's better than cRPG.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2014, 01:35:01 pm »
+2
They could add "Legendary" items in that take about 10 loom points to make without making it play to win. Like a unique Katana with slightly different stats (some + some -) and a unique look. I know a lot of people used to play cRPG just to level up and retire, but there is no point to do that anymore when people already have tonnes of looms and the armoury. With the STF level at 35 (higher than retirement I believe) there is also a deterrent to retiring since the servers are filled with high level guys. Free respec every 7 days also reduces the need to level up alts when you're bored. There are good sides to high stf and free respecs, like balance and fun gameplay but it does take something from the mod at the same time imo. Maybe just adding the legendary items would be enough

Happy hour sounds like a good idea too, or tripple xp on Friday evening or something with tankards enabled
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:34 pm »
+1
Mercenaries mod isn't dead? Average population of 30-40? That's better than cRPG.

Not dead at all. The mod is not even bad, I'd go as far as to say that mercenaries has better balance than cRPG simply by sticking more to native stats. I wish they'd implement upkeep though, it's kinda annoying having lots of people running around in full plate with no consequences. Maybe if they'd implement how armor is weaker, as in cRPG it'd be better too.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2014, 02:06:05 pm »
I've stopped playing because everybody else has. Its not fun for me to play when there's only 20 people on a server and I believe this to be the same for most people.

So I have a suggestion, Vanguard was most active when we did a clan event. Which was basically, we just set a time for everybody to be on and we all played. Why not just do the same here but on a bigger scale. For example we set a time, like Sunday at 6 and try to get as many people as possible to turn up to eu 1. Tell all your clannies all your friends, people that have quit etc. I'm sure we could get at least 80 people for a few hours. You never know it might even re-ignite some peoples passion for the game, to play again on a full server.

Tell me what you think, could try and get devs to give some incentive for people to turn up, like double xp/gold or no upkeep etc. Anything to bring a bit of life back into the game.

These events were great fun, I must admit. I'll always remember the Norman charge, and all this dust a few seconds after the beginning.