Author Topic: Declaration of War  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Declaration of War
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 03:09:39 pm »
+3
Bale, none of these people play the game anymore. Except for maybe a couple rounds of battle here and there. Like my original post said, MB doesn't care, they're playing DOTA. Chaos hasn't been a relevant clan with a decent playerbase since like 2012, maybe even 2011. Rhalzo and I are two people in our own clan that owns that TS. It's just really dumb to blame everyone in OUR(YES FIDLGB, FUCK IT DUDE, LET'S GO BOWLING, #1 BIG LEBOWSKI CLAN THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW PEOPLE PLAY THE GAME OF STRAT) TS for a shitty round of strat especially when it was strat mechanics that really ruined it. Just easier for brainless twats like plumbo who drool when they type to spout kesh rhetoric rather than form their own opinion of a group of people he knows nothing about. But hey, he knows the game right? He knows we're all one giant alliance that would never do anything to hurt the other people in that teamspeak alliance because we're all best friends. Rainbows and sunshine, we share cheeseburgers and comb each other's hair all day every day. Hugs and kisses and hand holding. Let's not fight teamspeak, we're a giant alliance afterall. Hold me close MB and chaos. Please.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:19:02 pm by Bronto »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 05:41:27 pm »
+3
Except none of those factions have ever fought each other in last 2 rounds of strat.  And mb was very active trading (trading simulator 2014) and showing up in force to merc for battles up until about a month and  half ago when their attempted win through cheating at ergellon castle backfired and their 4K troops got flag-capped.  I havent seen them playing since that specific event.  I guess they disappeared after their disgrace to go play a shitty league of legends game thats boring and repetitive as fuck but doesnt take much skill, just twitchy fingers.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 06:59:51 pm »
+1

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner, Keyboard Warriors (MB, KbW)
  • Game nicks: Aldo, Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
  • IRC nick: Aldogalus
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 07:04:22 pm »
lolugotus

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 09:46:48 pm »
lolugotus
stop dual accOunTing by Order of kesh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 11:57:38 pm »
Bronto...shut up

And for the last time...i dont even know kesh, barely fucking know the guy never even talk to him. if there is a strat battle and im in the same ts, thats about it, never gamed with him outside crpg.

The only reason you fucks think i repeat everything he says, is we are the only ones with the balls to post what we actually think on the forums, without spending 30 mins going over it to make it politically correct or polite.

i message Jona all the fucking time, and we both say fuck mb ( for strat reasons only ) on a weekly fucking basis, along with everything else i said in my first post.

You think Kesh and I are the only two players in the entire mod that wish MB lands this strat were in someone else's hands?

I say fuck them for the same reason we all say fuck them, shame that only 2 people actually come out and say it, good for him, cuz we all think it.

The weshouldservebeer lads ( large portion of the community, definitely has the most say \ power in the community ) gave MB those fiefs are on silver platter, and they did dick all fucking nothing with them.

Id say fuck them no matter who it was. FIDLGB is also full of cool chill people...but you also did dick all, so for strat reasons, fuck you too.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 12:28:21 am »
Edit: originally I wrote a long insulting paragraph the I have decided to delete.

Basically Plumbo your balls are not huge because you aren't afraid to voice your opinion no matter how wrong or inaccurate it may be. That just makes you stupid.

We should serve beer is a friendly place for gamers to come together and enjoy games. Also it is a great place to shoot the shit. The team speak itself being an inanimate object is not to blame for this boring ass round of strat. The changes made to strat and the community are.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:55:00 am by Bronto »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 01:12:04 am »
+7
Let's be honest here Bronto, I don't think that anyone is actually blaming you generous fools for the massive carebearing/afking in strat. Providing a free TS for half the NA community to use is a nice thing to do, and I believe that correlation does not imply causation in this case. Just because everyone is in one TS doesn't mean that is the one and only reason they never fought each other. That aside, when people say "the weshouldservebeer TS killed what was left of strat" they aren't blaming you guys for hosting it, they are simply lumping all the carebear/afk clans together, since after all they do all have that TS in common.

Also, it is kind of hard to say that after some 9 or so months of being active, "strat mechanics killed strat." MB was running a large network of trade routes up until a month or so ago. Come to think of it, their last major battle/contribution was indeed when they lost in the karma-induced flag cap of the century this strat. Strat mechanics didn't keep MB from running enough trade to get an insane number of shiny armies, and it didn't stop them from fighting for a short period of time. What killed strat for MB was being on the losing side of a war, and having to actively participate for a change, instead of passively trading. I'm sure the straw that broke the camels back was all the negative "PR" that they received for being some shady mofugahs, but that was pretty well-deserved, imo.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 02:59:49 am »
Thank you Jona for the intelligent response. The only people in our TS are Dracul, us, Chaos, and MB. That's it. Like I said before Chaos didn't do shit because they have no active players anymore, same with us. I can't speak for Dracul or what happened to MB. Just pushes my buttons when people call out our TS server when we've got people from all different gaming communities in it and I always invite people, whoever they may be, to it if I'm playing crpg. Our TS is not strat exclusive. It's for anyone playing any game that just wants to hang out and have fun.

I also think it is a fair assessment to say changes made to this round of strategy helped it die too. Shit last round two people could at least be bandits and raise armies with good gear fairly quickly and frequently. This round eliminated the little guys in favor of major butthugging. But what're you gonna do it'll all be over soon.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2014, 04:22:15 am »
Meh.  So there are shiny armies out there, but no one is using them?  Well then, I guess I'll let the Wardens mop up these guys and try find a target that will fight back now that the trading is done.

So, rather than fight KBW I'll focus on my own part of the map and attack a castle that Dirk and I had wanted a long, long time ago.  And I'll bet it is very heavily armed.  Probably plate in them walls :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:44:24 am by Bryggan »

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2014, 05:00:44 am »
+2
Gonna disagree with that one.  I got along with everyone I fought, and not one person has hated me for it.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 05:11:49 am »
+6
To be quite honest, I just can't imagine clans that are on friendly or are friends fighting each other. Like god damn, its almost a stupid thing to do. Like shit, you say that wouldn't strain relationships? A bunch of egotistical testosterone monkeys that were once friends fighting eachother? I imagine it'd start out fine like "Yeah, we'll play fair and let the best man win," Before degenerating into bitchy passive aggressive prods against random shit they take exception to, then to all out chest pumping and roaring declarations of my old frienddom and sexual intercourse with eachtohers' mothers.

I think that happened with us and FCC in strat 4, except completely ignoring the supposed "play fair, etc" and heading STRAIGHT into the chest-pumping and sexual advances.

It was quite a lot of fun, at times. Nobody really flipped too much shit and had to go to the hospital for blood pressure issues, as far as I know. Kesh and us shitposted a lot, but both of us are going to do that anyway, so that didn't change anything.

Here's to good enemies.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 05:50:15 am »
+1
I am of a similar mind to Bryggan and Sanderson on this one. I think it would not be a bad thing for players who like each other, to fight each other from time to time on strat. Or at least if there are going to be coalitions have some players who like each other on either side.  I would be happy to lead a start fight against Bryggan with good RP, a fair bit of shit-talking and some fun battles.  Perhaps the butthurt could be avoided. I view it like two old friends playing a game of chess. You may call him an asshole a couple times, but at the end of the game you shake hands.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 06:10:31 am »
+2
When my friends and I gather in some dark abyss basement, before the night is up we usually end up taking out an old board game or two. A favorite is always RISK. We swear at each other, shittalk, backstab, and literally end up beating each other on occasion... yet here we are, still playing RISK, and still friends. If nerds can sperg out so hardcore over a simple round of strat such that they tear apart old friendships, then they weren't even close to being good friends to begin with. In games of RISK you always start out laying out some kind of ground rules when you enter a conflict or alliance (the strat equivalent might be don't attack us at shitty hours, no raiding, etc.). By the time the game of RISK is over, those rules have been broken countless times, since after one person does it, everyone else uses them as justification to go ahead and break the same rule... if you and a friendly faction are at war in strat and someone attacks at a shit time, well... shitty times are now fair game for everyone.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 04:50:06 pm »
+2
hell i would settle for them attacking anyone. Most of the large clans took land and then did nothing for the 2nd or 3rd strat in a row.

Playing defense all round and trading is not how the game should be played. Fighting 1 war that lasts about a week and then playing defense and trading all round is roughly the same thing.

nice down vote james.. you and acre are among those who just took up space all round.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:43:03 pm by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS