Author Topic: Ideas, ideas ideas needed people! Squeeze those brains. :) (Looms inside?)  (Read 6478 times)

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
Re: Ideas, ideas ideas needed people! Squeeze those brains. :) (Looms inside?)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 02:54:28 am »
+3
Hard to say, I mean we can obviously keep spamming forums and videos but honestly I don't think it is going to bring us to our goal. Unfortunately what has been presented doesn't seem to have that much immediate mass appeal that it takes off life wildfire on different social media sites. I have faith that it is going to be awesome but the response you get  from most people unfamiliar with warband/cRPG is pretty mediocre/disinterested, it doesn't seem to generate much hype. It is somewhat understandable, while I have played cRPG from the first days and have some faith in the devs to create a good combat system there is perhaps not that much that seperates it from games like bannerlord, chivalry, war of the roses etc at first glance. (Best thing to create some interest and set it apart from other games is probably stronghold?)

Comments about how there is no info as to exactly where the money is going, how tiers are structured etc are valid in a sense that it is something that could be improved but it's not something that is going to address the main problem which is that we just don't have much publizity and interest outside the warband community, few adjustments to the kickstarter page are not going to change that.

I think the best chance we have would be to try to get coverage from a major youtuber or a gaming site. I'm sure this "idea" has been thrown out there a hundred times so I know I'm not saying anything new but I can't really think of anything else that would get us there at this point than someone who already has a audience covering it.

I do not really know how someone like Totalbiscuit etc chooses their games, I guess it's just something that gets enough publicity or it's something that someone from hes "inner circle" recommends to him? Maybe someone who has some clue about that kind of stuff has a better idea if there is any chance to get some attention from people like him. Doesn't necessarily have to be someone so big either, could just try messaging as many gaming channels as possible, even with few hundred subscribers or perhaps some let's players who have let's played mount & blade to give it some coverage. Maybe you could get someone interested in doing a interview with the dev team?

Also I assume that your not at a point where you would be willing to give some press copies out to try the game which might get someone more interested in covering it? Any attempts at picking this up really needs to come asap because it's going to be harder to get interest as time goes on and it looks more and more like it's not going to make it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:59:41 am by Cyber »

Offline andreakarasho

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • MEMENTO AVDERE SEMPER
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _ReaL_DeaL_ - Macrone_Legionarivs
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 08:25:25 am »
+3
Make a playable alpha, give this alpha to the public, give 2€ to a famous streamer (twich/utube).
If there will be positive, you earn and can repeat the thing, if not you lose 2€.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 08:55:46 am »
Hard to say, I mean we can obviously keep spamming forums and videos but honestly I don't think it is going to bring us to our goal. Unfortunately what has been presented doesn't seem to have that much immediate mass appeal that it takes off life wildfire on different social media sites. I have faith that it is going to be awesome but the response you get  from most people unfamiliar with warband/cRPG is pretty mediocre/disinterested, it doesn't seem to generate much hype. It is somewhat understandable, while I have played cRPG from the first days and have some faith in the devs to create a good combat system there is perhaps not that much that seperates it from games like bannerlord, chivalry, war of the roses etc at first glance. (Best thing to create some interest and set it apart from other games is probably stronghold?)

Well we might as well get it as far as we can.

Biggest thing is to condense the kickstarter page and shift the rest to the website, should make it easier to read and passing viewers will get more out of it. May just want to email total biscuit and some others with the link and say take a look, it's a bit late but could be worth a push anyway.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 10:24:00 am »
+2
How about...
You find some "people" who do medieval roleplay combat and get them somehow involved in making advertisment. You could even storm the Vienna in full plate mail.

Zimke made a nice post on the K:CD forums (excuse formatting, those forums have a thinner text column):

Hi, I am Sinisa "ZImke" Vuckovic, Lead Artist and Historical Adviser in Melee:Battlegrounds, all the things regarding "history, authenticity and realism" are my department.
Since young age my entire life is revolving around history and archaeology starting with my father. It is one passion that I always cherished and researched. My favorite period of research is medieval period, and I can assure you, if there is anything related to that topic, I am the guy who can answer all your questions. I do not restrict myself to book knowledge only, with the access to museum artifacts and my own personal antiques collection I was able to reconstruct, examine and test out everything that was of my interest.
I am one of the founders of "historical reenactment" and "living history" in my country, and I am very strict in regards of authenticity, and always pushing hard to bring knowledge of middle ages to domestic and foreign public. With such goals my reenactment company has organised first international reenactment event in my country, been representing my country in the Times&Epoch festival in Moscow, Grunwald event in Poland, and many other events in surrounding countries. We have organized and our captain has led the first team that participated in "Battle Of the Nations" competition which was held this year in Trogir (Croatia), and was ranked high in it's group (although without success against undefeated team of Russia, but not bad for first participation). Member of our group is official judge for Historical Accuracy in the HMBIA committee. He is just now at the HMBIA presentation of national teams for championship Battle of the Nations 2015 in Prague. At the moment my group is working on the project of reconstructing fortified medieval manor, which will take some years until we finish it. I will stop now, since my work regarding history related aspects is rather big, but I absolutely love every part of it.

For the first release Melee:Battlegrounds is set to 13th century. I will include as much cultures as I can (North/West/South/East Europe, Balkan States, Russian States, Mongol states, Eastern Roman Empire, Turkic tribes, Mamluks) and when the work on them is done, we will be moving on to next century. There won't be centuries mixing in native game versions, but modders can do whatever they want, since we will be releasing entire SDK, tools used, and make "how to guide" to modders. As modders ourselves, this is very important to us, and we will support them in all ways possible.

The video looks crude because of one simple reason, it took us 2 years to finish the engine, and when it was done, we had just two months to finish everything needed for kickstarter video, that is very little time for such task. Then we assembled as much players of cRPG possible and instruct them what to do so we could make a video. I wish to give enormous THANK YOU and gratitude to every single cRPG player that supported us and played our mod during the 4 years, really, thank you guys!

So yes, what you see in video IS indeed very crude, models, textures, animations, props, buildings, so many programming related stuff that made fighting, rendering control and camera related things possible, it is all made in 2 months. So some items are using placeholder textures, animations are made in a fly as fast as possible, we barely slept during that period, and then the day came when video was entirely shot in-game, using "movie mode" made for that particular purpose (it basically records all actions on the map, and then just replays everything, so we can film the recorded players actions with camera in "fly mode".

I also wish to express BIG THANKS to Warhorse studio for showing us support on Twitter, I am very humbled by this because you guys are our Indie Heroes!

Best regards;
Sinisa "Zimke" Vuckovic

To me, this is probably a direction the Kickstarter should have gone in. Having someone so involved with medieval combat is a big asset and you need to show him off. Honestly (pls don't hate), it's probably too late for this kind of move this time around - not that the Kickstarter can't still succeed, but I agree with others, it probably needs something more spectacular at this point, rather than just a solid strategy (which really, you need to have from the start or it looks inconsistent and even more disorganised).

If it doesn't work out this time and you guys go for it again, I think it would really pay off to schedule the updates that you want to produce ahead of time, make sure they're achievable within the timeframe, make them a lot more frequent and include multiple bio-type updates, that show that every member of the crew is outstanding (or at least the ones you show are) and has gone on some kind of journey to be working in the team. It's not just a corporate profiteering project, you all have reasons for being there and that's a big part of why people back Kickstarter projects.

Showing yourselves off is a big card that's unfortunately, kind of stuck up your sleeves at this point. Zimke is a real asset, but he's not the only one that will sell copies if people can learn about the team.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 01:46:32 am »
ZImke is the worst looking and doesn't fit your boy band image.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 04:38:09 am »
+2

He seems like the kind of person that I would love to hear babble about history and warfare and all that jazz. He loves that shit and is enthusiastic about it. He looks like it too.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 05:20:23 am »

I repeat: Too Many Skinny White Gays Guys™

The solution is more women, ITS NOT TOO LATE

Offline Killer

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • NA's Worst Longspearman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Former BlackCompany Member, Current HoC member
  • Game nicks: HoC_Mr_Killer
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2014, 11:37:00 pm »
(I didn't read any of the posts before this except the first to start off so my ideas may be repeats)
I was thinking along the lines of the small little things that make a game like warband or this a lot more fun. Since I'm pretty sure you guys got the main game mechanics outlined or done my idea is small things, stuff like pulling an arrow out of your body, cutting all the arrows off your shield with your sword, hitting someone with your crossbow to stun them and then be able to pull out a sword, stabbing someone in melee with an arrow when they get to close (or throwing the arrow), throwing your sword, using a bandage/cloth on wounds, eating and drinking (its a small thing for a game like this i would think), wild animals, trained animals (other than horses and donkeys), being able to place deployable pavise shields, weapons or shields getting knocked out of your hand or destroyed, cries of surrender and cages/prisons to put prisoners in, random weapons around the battlefield (not from dead people), random ai warriors on battlefield that help or try to kill you, shops to buy weapons ammo or other stuff on the battlefield, random events (storms, branches falling, building falling over, etc.), and other little things that you might come up with will make the game more enjoyable and random which will always keep the player guessing. That list right there was what i came up with in 15 mins although i may have repeated some things that other people said i hope it helps if you guys use it.

Offline Lordras

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 12:00:54 am »
make a sob post on reddit about how much the dev worked the asses off for the community and how they worked on the mod.
then reach the front page.
3???
4. profit

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 12:26:48 am »
I'm doing some stuff on YouTube with Vegas Pro etc. at the moment, so if you need a special kind of video I would love to give it a try making some :)
Bros never die!

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 09:29:49 am »
+2
No.

Very well then m'lady

*dips fedora*

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 09:47:20 am »
Very well then m'lady

*dips fedora*

(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 12:05:36 am »
+1
*dips fedora*

What did you just dip that hat into

did you ruin the entire crockpot of chicken wing dip with your greasy unwashed Walmart fedora

you are no longer invited to board game night Bittersteel
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:47:54 am by WITCHCRAFT »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2014, 12:19:39 am »
What did you just did that hat into

did you ruin the entire crockpot of chicken wing dip with your greasy unwashed Walmart fedora

you are no longer invited to board game night Bittersteel

I see a fedora, I immediately want to deck the person wearing it.  Worst hats, keep that shit on reddit where it belongs