Author Topic: Longmaul  (Read 691 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Longmaul
« on: November 13, 2014, 03:47:05 pm »
+2
Today I watched a Chinese player with an 18/30 long maul build. I thought Rohy was a pain in the arse until I saw this...

Heffed up on speedballs this dude just sprinted around pounding the ring out of everything. He was so quick that he could easily move in and out of range during peoples swings and drop bombs.

Increase it's str req to at least 20, preferably 22. It's fine when it's not attached to a fucking cheetah.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Longmaul
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »
You should try spamming him, he'll die in one hit.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:59:55 pm »
18/30 Long Maul/Mallet or 15/33 Maul can be very strong for assisting teammates or fighting slower players with low-range weapons, but they also have a lot of weaknesses.

For one, part of how crushthrough is determined depends on the attacker's damage, so these builds need to use better holds (closer to 0.5-0.6 seconds) to make the crushthrough happen.

For another, polearm overheads are not a very long-reaching animation with respect to weapon length vs. other attack animations, and the wind-up for overheads in general seems to take a bit longer as well. Long Maul builds with high movement speed (18/27, 21/27, 18/30) compensate for this by being able to ready attacks outside of enemy range + being fast enough to move next to the opponent, but this usually means they have poor armor and low hit points, leaving them vulnerable to ranged or AGI builds with lighter weapons.

The only gripe I have with AGI Maulers is that they can really screw over people with 100+ ping, but that applies to a lot of builds. ROHYPNOL seems a bit harder to deal with now that he's an AGI 2H.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:14:00 am »
Long maul also has the worst turning speed in the game.  Well, probably not worse than the pike, but whatever.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄