Author Topic: Melee: Battlegrounds Q&A  (Read 30519 times)

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
Re: Melee: Battlegrounds Q&A
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2014, 05:24:04 pm »
+1
Will M:BG have a mode like DTV?
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2014, 05:25:41 pm »
+3
I don't really understand the fuss with admins. Sure large games have "Game Admins" but they don't really have much in common with cRPG admins, and I don't see how M:BG "admins" would need to be similar to cRPG admins in functionality either. Generally, Game Admins are not in game (or if they are, they don't play, they simply have a presence in towns so that players are aware of who to address their problems/issues to, rather than submitting a ticket or seeking help on the forums) and they're not police. They handle tickets and serious issues, not your more minor things like cRPG admins, generally that's left up to server admins (like in Warband Native multiplayer. You have a server owner, and the owner appoints his own admins). Anything else and you're pretty much looking at your standard forum moderator which, really, doesn't require anything different from now aside from perhaps better guidelines or accessibility. No major reworks or protocol updates are required.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2014, 05:31:00 pm »
+9
The problem with cRPG admins is that they have to enforce rules that should be enforced by mechanics, and that can lead to all kind of problems, fictional or real.

We won't have that problem.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:52:31 pm by Jacko »
Monkeys!

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2014, 05:48:54 pm »
+1
My question is, will Thomek be Admin in M:BG, I mean that guy is awful, he comes on EU_1 once per month and that one time when he's on if he's in a bad mood he'll ban you for nothing, in BEST CASE SCENARIO he will kick you if you don't start to run toward the flag the moment they show up.

Alright chadz, give me your honest answer, I'm ready for everything

He is an awesome admin, he is not afraid to take the unpopular decisions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 216
  • Infamy: 1816
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2014, 06:07:15 pm »
+3
My question is, will Thomek be Admin in M:BG, I mean that guy is awful, he comes on EU_1 once per month and that one time when he's on if he's in a bad mood he'll ban you for nothing, in BEST CASE SCENARIO he will kick you if you don't start to run toward the flag the moment they show up.

Alright chadz, give me your honest answer, I'm ready for everything

Thomek will be general of Calradian Empire, serving Imperial ruler Darth chadz and his protegee Darth Cmpxchg8b. He'll have full control over clone army of Ninjas, whose sole purpose is to defeat my old friendcher Alliance and destroy Horsemy old friendcher council.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2014, 06:20:04 pm »
On 100 vs 100 battles it would be a clusterfuck. Maybe the commander gets voted in with a poll like similar to something now in crpg and only he can use voice chat ingame? Dunno how this would be implemented just throwing ideas out there.

Nope.  It works very well in Planet Side 2 and Arma 3.

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2014, 09:01:27 pm »
+1
fin pls make music similar to erik satie. He is my favorite composer. Also it would be great for the really sad moments in game, like when someone clutches against your team 1v20
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2014, 11:32:07 pm »
+4
fin pls make music similar to erik satie. He is my favorite composer. Also it would be great for the really sad moments in game, like when someone clutches against your team 1v20

I know what you mean. However, a Piano won't fit my musical vision of that game - BUT the contrast between beautiful tunes sometimes fitting "horrible" scenes - or the way of "painting" with music is very important to me - so this will not be one of those "typical ooomph game-soundtracks".

Have you read the story about or well - behind the soundtrack?

(click to show/hide)
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2014, 11:45:17 pm »
1) Could you possibly mention what technologies you've used so far to make the game (if that isn't too invasive a question)?

2) How deep will character customisation be outside of gear (i.e. skins, face customisation, gender etc)?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2014, 12:59:07 am »
+9
For the love of god have some decent official servers and no public admins on it. Give the devs admin to spawn funny stuff when they play sometimes, and leave the cesspool of neurotic autism to buggy unpatched "community servers" that only fellow-minded roleplaying/rule spergs use so we can all not play with them.

edit with actual question: hey someone talk about sound design please. for sound effects like combat or environmental or I guess labored man grunting.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2014, 02:03:10 am »
For the love of god have some decent official servers and no public admins on it. Give the devs admin to spawn funny stuff when they play sometimes, and leave the cesspool of neurotic autism to buggy unpatched "community servers" that only fellow-minded roleplaying/rule spergs use so we can all not play with them.

edit with actual question: hey someone talk about sound design please. for sound effects like combat or environmental or I guess labored man grunting.

Well said Smootrich

...also your pic and signature are both equally disgusting and disturbing so please for the love of sanity change them.
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2014, 05:22:52 am »
+3
What functions from the c-rpg website will be moved to be an in-game feature of M:BG? Will things like the marketplace, shop, mail system, etc. be part of the tavern server? Or will you still rely upon a website to do those sort of things? Or will you guys make M:BG heavily dependent upon a website, similar to how c-rpg is now?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2014, 10:19:28 am »
Might have been answered already... what is the timeline, if there is any? Obviously Im missing Samurai armor [Genkokujo mod is awesome for that - wish the items from it got added to cRPG].
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2014, 12:01:12 pm »
+4
What functions from the c-rpg website will be moved to be an in-game feature of M:BG? Will things like the marketplace, shop, mail system, etc. be part of the tavern server? Or will you still rely upon a website to do those sort of things? Or will you guys make M:BG heavily dependent upon a website, similar to how c-rpg is now?
Everything will be available ingame, but we want to replicate some stuff on a website too where it makes sense (messages, marketplace, probably clan).

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2014, 09:36:15 pm »
face customisation
this is all that is important in my life