Author Topic: Another jolly internet story from Turkey  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Another jolly internet story from Turkey
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2015, 03:13:00 am »
Because in 2010 a Kurdish person threw shoes at him in Sevilla, yelling 'long live kurdistan', but he missed.
quite sure his sheep thought his aura of awesomeness deflected the shoes, I have seen plenty of Orbanist idiots of the same caliber

When he returned home he was greeted as a brave hero, and I also remember some anti-israeli sentiment of his going on for which he was praised among his followers.

(ofc it has to be more than that, but I remember this whole 'he is so brave omg lul' bullshit because of that incident)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:20:54 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2015, 03:38:24 am »
+2
Because in 2010 a Kurdish person threw shoes at him in Sevilla, yelling 'long live kurdistan', but he missed.
quite sure his sheep thought his aura of awesomeness deflected the shoes, I have seen plenty of Orbanist idiots of the same caliber

When he returned home he was greeted as a brave hero, and I also remember some anti-israeli sentiment of his going on for which he was praised among his followers.

(ofc it has to be more than that, but I remember this whole 'he is so brave omg lul' bullshit because of that incident)

Shoe Dodger the Brave, truly the second coming of Mehmed II

Reminds me of a certain floppy eared moron who was adept at dodging thrown shoes

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2015, 11:48:27 am »
I don't remember him being called that. But 2010 was the year when he presented a large package of legislative changes to a referandum with the promise that he would bring to justice the generals behind the military coup of 1980. He managed to attract "yes" votes from all segments of society with that subtle promise and ended up not doing such justice. What happened was that the legislative changes allowed him to kill separation of powers and overtake jurisdiction.

But his voters are known to call him all kinds of things. Some even consider him a new prophet, which is total blasphemy by Islamic codes. You get the idea though. Brave isn't even such a big word.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2015, 06:34:13 am »
+1
I don't remember him being called that. But 2010 was the year when he presented a large package of legislative changes to a referandum with the promise that he would bring to justice the generals behind the military coup of 1980. He managed to attract "yes" votes from all segments of society with that subtle promise and ended up not doing such justice. What happened was that the legislative changes allowed him to kill separation of powers and overtake jurisdiction.

But his voters are known to call him all kinds of things. Some even consider him a new prophet, which is total blasphemy by Islamic codes. You get the idea though. Brave isn't even such a big word.

Blokula, since any politician ever actually stood up and fulfilled their promises? That is what politics are about. Lie and bullshit people long enough to accumulate enough cash to fuck off to the beaches of florida, snorting cocaine off a hooker´s ass on a golden plated yacht. This is the very reason why I dont vote in elections anymore. I does not matter anymore, because they are all the same assholes, only with different names, and flying different colors. They are the people who will try to tunnel the state budget as soon as they are able to.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2015, 02:26:37 pm »
+1
It is a basic quality of a politician. What I can't get over is how people will still comfortably take words for security when they have been bent over and fucked thousands of times already. Once they hear pleasant words, they are ready to forget about every little shit they had to take and give it another wicked chance. Just like a mindless teenager girl who has already been knocked up 3 times but still believes this dodgy redneck is nevertheless going to offer her a mighty fine future.