Author Topic: STOP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS!  (Read 7113 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: STOP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 09:19:51 am »
As long as this is in i'll rate it 5/5. Legit

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 11:41:22 am »
+1
I didn't even think that bounty hunter guy had so many fans when I saw the movies

I mean he was just a flying stormtrooper that got rekt without any interesting dialog or anything, stupid nerds

*grabs popcorn*

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 12:11:14 pm »
+2
I didn't even think that bounty hunter guy had so many fans when I saw the movies

I mean he was just a flying stormtrooper that got rekt without any interesting dialog or anything, stupid nerds

*grabs popcorn*

Dont insult the Mandalorians. They're the most badass people in the Star Wars Universe. PERIOD

BITCH!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 12:12:49 pm »
A manda-what?

Sorry if I insulted the mandarin chinese or something

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 12:13:14 pm »
+1
“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” i guess that's cool whilst simultaneously ignoring everything that happens in those films after that point...

I always wished that in ep 5, when lando takes han and leia to the meeting with vader and vader simply catches han's shots with his hand then rips his gun away with the force that he somehow knew of that conversation (maybe there is force-related esp, anything is possible) and says "well, solo, shall we have ourselves a little conversation about some 'hokey religions?'" *camera pans out, door closes on the banquet room... as the screen fades to black you just here han mutter "... shit."*

And just think, all this from a character invented solely for an animated short in that god-awful Star Wars Holiday Special...

Aye, this will never be forgotten. Always liked to bring this up whenever I met someone overly fond of fett (I admitedly do like fett too, he just isn't OMG NUMBAH ONE FOR LYFE MAN SOOOO COOL!!). Plenty of elementary school arguments were had that basically went like this:

"Oh yeah, you think boba fett is the best star wars character? Hes nowhere near as cool as salacious crumb, man! And at least crumb wasn't invented for some stupid cartoon and only got thrown into the movies since his action figure sold well!" ...the fanboys never had a response for that.

Anyways, I liked fett (even in the movies) since he had this imposing aura about him. Sure, he didn't actually do much, but he obviously was well-renown and feared by all. Even vader seemed, well, somewhat respectful of him. Now I'm guessing my brain (and countless others) just kinda saw this and thought "wow, this dudes gotta be badass, no matter what." Well, then we see him get rekt in ep 6, and needless to say i was pretty disappointed. At least he could fly, right? That's pretty cool... right? right?... yeah, sure, he flew himself right into a sarlac pit but.. yeah.. you're right... he sucks. I'm thinking that it is a similar case with darth maul. Both are men of few words, but both carry an imposing presence. Sure, maul could do backflips and shit and kills liam-fuckin-neeson with a double sided lightsaber, but still, he then gets cut down by an angsty teenage obiwan... like boba, he starts off strong, then falls flat on his face (or into the stomache of a sarlac... or down a giant reacter core endless pit...thing). Let us hope that any really cool sidekick villains in this new trilogy dont end up getting the same treatment.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador