Author Topic: The death of Horse archery  (Read 4173 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: The death of Horse archery
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2014, 12:14:53 pm »
Blind HA is actually a very difficult class to play with any level of success and it requires huge quantities of battle field awareness, not less. With archery I just keep myself near the blob of infantry and then make sure I've not got cav flying up my arse, it's pretty bloody easy.

Wiith HA you have to be constantly aware of the position of everyone on the field all the time. If you come into melee contact with infantry, your dead, same goes for cav. If you come into contact with range you or your horse are dead unless they are terrible. You have a limited number of legitimate targets and everything can kill you if it gets with in range of you often in one or two hits. On top of that targeting requires a lot of concentration and once you do that you instantly loose focus on what's going on around you.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2014, 01:18:00 pm »
I was gone for 2 years and I noticed how Cav as a whole got nerfed, including my own class: "heavy lance" cav. So I stopped playing it, although some people still make it viable, but that's dedication and skill. But I'm not gonna bitch about losing my favorite OP class, because I can see past my selfishness and understand that with rebalancing of the broken shit the game now is much more enjoyable for everyone else.

PS. Horse Archers were always a broken bullshit class which spent more time delaying than playing.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 11:29:22 pm »
+1
Eat a dick merchant of bullshit.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 03:37:01 am »
I thought AUS server died from lack of players? If I'm wrong I'm sorry, but I havent seen it in ages in the server list... and if I am right and its gone: WTF are you posting for Frank? The input of someone with 200+ ping is hardly valid or needed.

But treating your post as legitimate:
Blind HA is actually a very difficult class to play with any level of success and it requires huge quantities of battle field awareness, not less. With archery I just keep myself near the blob of infantry and then make sure I've not got cav flying up my arse, it's pretty bloody easy.

Wiith HA you have to be constantly aware of the position of everyone on the field all the time. If you come into melee contact with infantry, your dead, same goes for cav. If you come into contact with range you or your horse are dead unless they are terrible. You have a limited number of legitimate targets and everything can kill you if it gets with in range of you often in one or two hits. On top of that targeting requires a lot of concentration and once you do that you instantly loose focus on what's going on around you.

First: I dont see how coming into contact with enemy infantry or cavalry doesn't end with foot archers dyingng, unless of course they are gods in melee. But what would I know, only played 16 gens as archers, and 10 as horse archer, I cannot really say for sure...

I never had a problem keeping focus as HA: focus was to stay alive and shoot everyone you see in the head, the horse, or bump them  down and shoot them in the head after that. But again, I played M&B since it became shareware/trialware in 2004 I believe, and full game cost £4... I have rode around shooting stuff for 10 years now.... crazy.

EDIT: on a sidenote, bow balance is still retarded, theres no reason to use the top tier bows except style at the moment, since for reason the fucking joke bows from the east actually do damage to armour, despite their being pretty much toys by the 15th century.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 08:13:00 am »
I thought AUS server died from lack of players? If I'm wrong I'm sorry, but I havent seen it in ages in the server list... and if I am right and its gone: WTF are you posting for Frank? The input of someone with 200+ ping is hardly valid or needed.

But treating your post as legitimate:
First: I dont see how coming into contact with enemy infantry or cavalry doesn't end with foot archers dyingng, unless of course they are gods in melee. But what would I know, only played 16 gens as archers, and 10 as horse archer, I cannot really say for sure...

I never had a problem keeping focus as HA: focus was to stay alive and shoot everyone you see in the head, the horse, or bump them  down and shoot them in the head after that. But again, I played M&B since it became shareware/trialware in 2004 I believe, and full game cost £4... I have rode around shooting stuff for 10 years now.... crazy.

EDIT: on a sidenote, bow balance is still retarded, theres no reason to use the top tier bows except style at the moment, since for reason the fucking joke bows from the east actually do damage to armour, despite their being pretty much toys by the 15th century.

Bully for you sir. But how about you go eat a pile of rotting eviscerated horse cunt.

I've also been playing the game since alpha in 2004. I was playing pre castles when you could only enter one town. Hell I was playing when that town was the only thing on the map.

Archery is one of the few areas that suffers the least with high ping. The Australian server is still there, you may want to try selecting "internet" instead of "favourite".

Your random historical accuracy statement is pointless. This games variety of weapons and armour span about 600 years.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 05:35:19 pm »
+2
Bully for you sir. But how about you go eat a pile of rotting eviscerated horse cunt.

No, no thank you.

I've also been playing the game since alpha in 2004. I was playing pre castles when you could only enter one town. Hell I was playing when that town was the only thing on the map.

Great... shame it doesn't show.

Archery is one of the few areas that suffers the least with high ping. The Australian server is still there, you may want to try selecting "internet" instead of "favourite".

Stil cannot see it... and why would I be looking on favourites? But I believe you that it's there. Why then, if it's there, does high ping worry you?

Your random historical accuracy statement is pointless. This games variety of weapons and armour span about 600 years.

Well, everything is relative: gaming is pointless, life is pointless, the universe is pointless... so what? Also, over a thousand years of gear ingame.

And yeah, of course historical accuracy is not an issue in this game, just look at armour: Brigandine is a direct upgrade from coat of plates, yet ingame is opposite, and eastern padded leathers over mail provide more protection than mail and plate, russian armours which were pretty crappy mail coats with padding over them are as good as plate... its retarded, innacurate, and bullshit, but I can point out what I like :D
I don't know enough

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2014, 11:32:51 pm »
Sorry bud, but the only people who are gonna miss HAs are HAs.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline kojiro34

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 07:36:52 pm »
But atleast Ha wasnt broke like some people like to think.  Again i suck at mele and my level 1 to 34 2handed/pole has a better K/D ratio that my old level 1 to 37 HA....  (it was 34 before).  Of course i get less valor, of course my life is really often shorter in mele but still.
But well telling you the truth i start to enjoy a bit mele....  i can play 1 minute, get valor or not and go do something else for 2 minutes.  When i was playing HA i had to play carefully, choose my target, be aware (in mele too), and give 100% and i was loosing money...  Now lol i win money.

But i still think we have room for HA, balanced around level 35, now it's not.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:21:41 pm by kojiro34 »