Author Topic: VC Day - Victory In Calradia  (Read 23176 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: VC Day - Victory In Calradia
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »
Strat 5+all of your shitty, dorky, rude dude attitudes=visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yeah that pretty much sums it up

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2014, 11:47:12 pm »
+4
Naw, you totally did that to ahmerrrad in strat 4. It was all over the forums when you did.(Also, it got overshadowed by the blackzilla fiasco later) [By that, i mean bringing in lots of shitty/broken gear and upon losing, it would go into the fief and clog up the fief in addition to broken items from the previous battle]

Also, Squids did pull a fast one, abusing the enter a fief while attacked glitch to lower s/d in that one MB fief(Emirin?) to avoid crime killing off the army. So, if MB should quit, so should the squids yea?

There's probably other stuff that's gone on this round but I'm at work and to lazy to bother looking up the other dodgy shit going on.

completely wrong. Not many here have actually taken a defended city... Want to know the faction that has done it more than anyone else?

We attacked in waves. With successively better gear each time in hopes of getting a victory. Item bugging was not a goal, it was bad programming. We did not buy junk to give the losing army in hopes it would not win the fight therefor bugging the place. That is insane. We brought the gear we always used in every fight. Normal amounts for the troops we were attackign with. I know for certain because I geared a lot of those attacks. So if someone told you we attacked with 1000 troops but had 5000 worth of random gear is bullshit. Plain and simple. The next wave we would have better gear hoping we whittled the place down enough to capture. It does not make any sense going into a fight with your best+3 gear when you are using the attack to take out defenders to make subsequent attacks more likely to win. All you would be doing is making the place more defensible with your quality gear for follow up attacks. Think about it and it will all start to make some sense to you.

The reason you do not see it from a lot of other people is actually more due to bad planning. The harder places need multiple fights to get it done, which means coordinating several armies to be on hand together and knowing who is next to attack. Look at how we used to fight as FCC, 3-4 armies would go to the city and get the work done. Now look at most everyone else. 1 army marches and attacks. If they fail 2 days later they try again. Then usually give up. How often did you see us give up when we targeted a location? Other than dhirum and even that we hit like 4 times before we decided it just could not be taken when it was being reinforced with troops.

No matter how you think about it none of that is item bombing.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:51:12 pm by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2014, 11:59:16 pm »
+1
I was THERE(along with several admins) who saw your "gear list" for those fights. Course, that was...wave 3 or 4 at that time, but you STILL had shit gear thrown in there along with other gear. Though that was a shitty thing, smoothrich trumped it all by...well being smoothrich and banning Kesh, and that whole blackzilla Fiasco which was way, way worse. You can't beat that, not by a longshot.

Past actions don't matter in strat, so all of that is "Bridge over Water" at this point. The point I was making with that statement is that it has happened, by Kesh's faction(whether with his approval or not) and blanket statements are fucking stupid. Every faction has a skeleton(or 2 or 3 as some certain forum members like to bring up with regards to FCC). Strat 4 is different than Strat 5. How many, truely defended cities/castles have you attack this strat? That's what matters. Who gives 2 fucks about Strat 4, beyond it being better than shithole 5? From what I've gathered, only the squids have had the Balls to attack a tough castle(Mine) this strat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2014, 12:06:26 am »
What Bale said.  (Ona  side note Blackzilla you mentioned with his cheating - he also is in MB - makes you wonder what kind of a clan atmosphere you ahve over there - cheating on NA1 and NA3 legitimate?) 

The funniest part - you very likely could have won that legitimately, its one of the shittier castles on the map with attackers spawn really close to walls (unlike for example derchios where you run uphill a long ways or have a narrow land bridge like in tilbaut) and the walls are low and go down really fast.  By cheating you actually got in far quicker because we had a bunch of ranged with no ps fighting and the rest of us spawning with shitty weapons to clear out our inventory (we were still doing better than 1 to 1) - so our respawn timers were really low and you were over-extended and we were able to cap flags and respawn fast enough to go out and help hold the flags once taken and prevent enemies form getting back to their flags.

in the alternative you could have attacked in waves like we have done in the past and maintained patrols (hell half the map is hostile territory) to prevent me from getting back to the castle.  Its easy castle so 1 to 1 ratio not out of the question and you could have done better and better each siege using progressively better gear.  And for the same reason we would teleport fief owners, when you eventually won through successive waves you would get ALL that expensive gear back instead of having to worry about me banditting it before the last wave and selling it.  this would vastly reduce the cost of taking the castle.

Lol also Anders - really? really? 
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:24:12 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2014, 12:14:18 am »
+5
Just gonna say, I was there for the Ahmerrad sieges last strat. There were tons of items leftover in that castle that no legitimate army would have ever brought to the field. The amount of peasant weapons in that fief were insane. I mean, its not against the rules to attack a fief to overwhelm it with equipment. Just makes the battle pretty unenjoyable for the defenders.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2014, 12:21:27 am »
+2
Just gonna say, I was there for the Ahmerrad sieges last strat. There were tons of items leftover in that castle that no legitimate army would have ever brought to the field. The amount of peasant weapons in that fief were insane. I mean, its not against the rules to attack a fief to overwhelm it with equipment. Just makes the battle pretty unenjoyable for the defenders.

Rondel daggers?  Those were our fall back weapons for 1hers if we ran out of decent 1hers, i know people bitched about their being rondel daggers in defender's gear, but we have been using those for 2 strats now in many of our battles.  We attacked a lot of people and didn't sell shit for 20 cents on the dollar since we never had the gold bug and were scrounging for gear at various times with doing 3-5 battles a week.  Anything we attacked with in first few waves was from looted gear from previous battles.  We didn't buy a single new item to "add" to the inventory.  In not a single siege did we ever have more than 100 item types. 

Item bugging sucks, but 1) we never tried doing it to people and 2) we are off the topic since what he did was dump 300 different item types of gear into a fief  by transfer to item bug it - none of you are saying we did that correct?  That is blatantly cheating under the rules and he knew it was cheating when he did it.  Trying to dredge up strat 4 battles to rationalize it is not making it right just distracting from the real issue at hand - permaban just mcdeath or also other members of MB who knew about it and supported it?

Oh, and one other thing FC was a faction of 80 people or so.  Random ai barbarian horde is like 8 guys with only 3 active.  Are you justifying based on the fact that bale and i are in this faction now?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:28:47 am by Keshian »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2014, 12:28:08 am »
+5
From what I've gathered, only the squids have had the Balls to attack a tough castle(Mine) this strat.

Thanks bro

Quote from: LCO
yeah thanks bro
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2014, 12:35:35 am »
+1
I think a fair bargain would be a perma banned for Mcdeath and 14-28 day ban for KBW/MB leadership w/forum mutes.

Leaders:
Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
Maple_Syrup_MB
SabiSalami_MB
Testi_

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2014, 01:02:59 am »
+3
I think a fair bargain would be a perma banned for Mcdeath and 14-28 day ban for KBW/MB leadership w/forum mutes.

Leaders:
Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
Maple_Syrup_MB
SabiSalami_MB
Testi_

(click to show/hide)

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2014, 01:04:27 am »
squid you are worse than clockwork shitposting furmy old friend garbage. Nothing you say has any importance here. If Mcdeath gearbugged the fief and told no one how was KbW taking advantage of it? and McDeath cant be perma banned Im pretty sure he already is. Also Anders is the biggest autist in strat so if he says Kesh item bombed a fief I believe him. And just because you goons say you attack wave after wave does not mean you are not pieces of shit. When  you wait for the battle to end to instantly attack and keep someone from clearing the garbage out of the fief it is a gear bug even if its put there by game mechanics. You still suck fat cocks you just do it legally
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2014, 01:08:43 am »
+5
The most astounding thing in my life is that I've been playing this game for over 2 years now and Kesh STILL takes the same heartless, scalding, autismal text-screech approach to posting that he did when I first started. How the fuck could you still care this much about strategus jesus...

Edit: for the longest time I didn't want to see a picture of Kesh but at this point my morbid curiousity is taking over. Someone please show me.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:12:57 am by Daruvian »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2014, 01:14:20 am »
+3
I'm not going to defend anybody who legitimately uses item bombing, as it was used against us on two different occasions last strat.  Defending Yruma sucked cock, but not because FCC is s00p3r sp00ky in the field, but because my internet was shit tier and I had to try to pull out all of the gear before they attacked it as soon as it ended.  It's not against the rules, but it's still really fucking cheap.  Unfortunately I am just a low level badmin and strategus affairs are out of my control, but with any luck this will be reviewed by a GM.

calm down, Calamari

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2014, 01:20:26 am »
yeah I messaged Harald with the link to the ban request thread.  He still cares enough about this mod he won't allow blatant cheating to go unpunished.  Also,sent to cmpx.  Interesting the down votes on this post, I guess you condone cheating?  Oh i forget, its james, of course he does as long as its against me, his ethics don't matter.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:48:17 am by Keshian »

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2014, 02:43:48 am »
+6
squid you are worse than clockwork shitposting furmy old friend garbage. Nothing you say has any importance here. If Mcdeath gearbugged the fief and told no one how was KbW taking advantage of it? and McDeath cant be perma banned Im pretty sure he already is. Also Anders is the biggest autist in strat so if he says Kesh item bombed a fief I believe him. And just because you goons say you attack wave after wave does not mean you are not pieces of shit. When  you wait for the battle to end to instantly attack and keep someone from clearing the garbage out of the fief it is a gear bug even if its put there by game mechanics. You still suck fat cocks you just do it legally
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:40:14 am by Holiday203 »

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2014, 03:26:10 am »
>>rindyar which is the 2nd most difficult castle to take against better geared opponent and equal number of mercs, <<

Better geared?  They had no ladders.  Sorry, but that one item, though small, truly cuts into the defense capability.