Author Topic: SMOOTHRICH CHALLENGES CANARY FOR #1 NA BADMIN OF ALL TIME  (Read 24814 times)

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
Re: SMOOTHRICH CHALLENGES CANARY FOR #1 NA BADMIN OF ALL TIME
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2014, 08:54:27 pm »
Jona, your axe is chipped, you should get that looked at.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2014, 08:59:31 pm »
Jona, your axe is chipped, you should get that looked at.

I am working my way down to a "cracked" axe. Much more challenging that way.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Dynamics_BRD

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridge Burners
  • Game nicks: Dynamics_BRD
« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2014, 09:13:03 pm »
+6
I hope smooth rich gets admin

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2014, 11:22:10 pm »
If them muslams just killed your soldiers/poor people like everyone else does noone would care, they take many cajatees, and murrica would never get good and scared of them and take them seriously. Smearing some well-off murricans in New York got exactly the result they wanted.

Then again, maybe the towers just collapsed from too many obese people on the top floor, and Mcdonalds crashed a few planes to cover it up. 'Everyone eat your comfort food and start boycotting evil *foreign* foods, buy more burgers', it's the perfect crime.

huehuehuehue no

Is this even supposed to be a joke? Like, did you actually think you were making fun of NA in a snappy/intelligent manner with this post?
You should probably avoid resorting to bigotry if you're trying to be funny.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2014, 11:33:01 pm »
+2
huehuehuehue no

Is this even supposed to be a joke? Like, did you actually think you were making fun of NA in a snappy/intelligent manner with this post?
You should probably avoid resorting to bigotry if you're trying to be funny.

I upvoted it not for its humour, but for its legitimate possibility as a 9/11 theory.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2014, 11:38:19 pm »
+2
I upvoted it not for its humour, but for its legitimate possibility as a 9/11 theory.

ilurmenaty

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #216 on: August 09, 2014, 12:23:57 am »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2014, 10:45:31 am »
+6
That these embarassing defenses for Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still taught in school in some places holds little regard for the historical record, and is in many cases pure jingoism.

I can recommend the work of Peter Kuznik, Professor of History and Director of the Nuclear Studies Institute at American University, if you want to read some of the more serious scholary work on this.

Japan was virtually destroyed. The military had collapsed, the industry had collapsed, the allies had complete control of Japanese air space and were conducting bombing raids deliberately against civilian targets on a daily basis. Whole cities were destroyed this way by fire bombing.

The '1000 plane' formations invented by RAF marshall 'Bomber Harris' also known as 'Butcher Harris' when laying waste to defenseless German cities (much like the Germans had done to English cities during the Blitz), made sure no civilians could escape the ensuing fire storms, and the US Air Force burned hundreds of thousands of innocent civilian Japenese men, women and children with similar fervor. In the end the barbarity had taken such forms as to intentionally leave whole cities unscathed, so the USAF could properly estimate its destructive capabilities when finally burning these same cities to the ground focusing all its firepower and testing new weapons, maximizing casualties. There was even some kind of bizarre contest going between RAF and USAF as to whom could murder most people and destroy most infrastructure in Germany and Japan.
Some of the most densely populated cities in the world made almost entirely of paper and wood were set aflame in massive fire storms, the USAF bomber pilots describing the smell of burning and cooking flesh from their cockpits as hundreds of thousands of people were burned alive in the man-made infernos below them (as in the firebombing of Tokyo, the most deadly bombing raids of the whole war), intentionally targeting the most populated areas, for example working class districts.
Reasons for bombing were not military but on the basis that some city 'hadn't been bombed yet'.

Yes, the ensuing nuclear bombings were at the time defended by Truman as if 'saving lives' (a view still held in some places because some US state schools disgracefully still haven't updated their history material but again the last Anglo empire was also very fond of painting its massacres in pretty colors), and that may be true if we are talking about American lives only. If you look, you will find however that Truman's estimates of casualties were wildly inflated, and drastically decreased many times following the war. And there's overwhelming evidence to suggest that Japanese lives were never a consideration.

Historians know today that Japan was already sending out diplomatic probes for surrender, as the Russians were nearing Manchuria. This last factor was what most serious scholars today recognize as the reason for the nukes, the Japanese were done for and everyone knew it, what Truman and the US Security Council (which if you need a testament to human madness go read their internal documents for the period) needed for the US Grand Strategy of post-WWII world domination was for the world, particularly Stalin, to see what terrible weapons the Allies had constructed, and for the Japanese to not capitulate to Russia (as Japan was considered by US planners as part of the 'grand area' of US post-war control to be).
And no, military installations in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were laughable at best, even at the time the bombing wasn't seen as being against a military target in any way (there's wasn't even a distinction between the two at this point), it was as the Allied bombings had been for the last years of the war; deliberately targeting civilians, to cause terror and as much damage as possible, and a quick end to the war before Russia could grab a piece of the pie, an extra card on the hand at Yalta and Potsdam, and the turbo engine of Asian economy on US hands (Japanese export always a fear in the US, much of the fear of the 'domino theory' around the Vietnam War was that Vietnam would turn out as a Japense export market, the extensive bombing of the country averted this and in many ways fulfilled US war aims).

To suddenly start saying it is somehow a moral choice meant to save lives that you kill a few hundred thousand more is near mind-boggling when you've for years bombed civilian cities with one aim only; to cause so much death and despair and destruction as humanly possible, and to all of a sudden claim sensitivity after six years of the worst war in human history is hardly even a joke. To think USAF or US planners were in any way taking Japanese civilian casualties into regard one has to consider the widely held view of Asians by Anglo-Americans; they were untermenschen, and the whole war in the Pacific was waged with the brutality and contempt for human lives that westerners usually reserve for when fighting 'primitives'.

As usual with such events there's only the realpolitik imperative.

And Truman's reaction to Hiroshima and Nagasaki was ecstatic.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:33:49 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #219 on: August 09, 2014, 11:11:43 am »
+1
I agree that the use of nuclear bombs had more to do with intimidating the soviets than forcing Japan to unconditionally surrender. I don't see it as any more or less of a war crime than the firebombings of Tokyo or Dresden that caused measurably more destruction and misery, as you point out. In the logic of total war it was just as "justified".
I'm not sure how you can make the case that they treated the japanese specifically as untermenschen and simultaneously bring up Dresden and other german cities that were completely obliterated. And slightly ironic considering you might as well be describing the japanese perspective on everyone they fought that was not japanese, the american imperialist pig-dogs not the least. I don't even need to bring up the impact to this day on east asian relations due to japanese treatment of all the people in their so-called Co-prosperity sphere. How are japanese-american relations, compared to that?

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 09, 2014, 11:20:06 am »
+1
Yes, they are not any different. The claim here was that the Allies were somehow the benevolent 'good guys' making moral choices at the end of war, which is easily refuted.

edit:
And yes, conquest, pillage, revenge, 'bringing the light of civilization to the savages', whatever arguments suggested all boils down to the fact that at this point of the war everyone was utterly desensitized, except for the Americas the whole world stood in flames and had done so for years.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:29:27 am by Angantyr »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2014, 11:28:13 am »
+2
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2014, 12:44:52 pm »
+7
This thread makes me wonder how some of you were the sperm that was first to fertilize the egg.  :shock:
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2014, 01:59:45 pm »
I sure hope you meant chin. Otherwise... well... wtf?

Besides, this is the reason Muricans are so fat. Yuropoor tears are unhealthy, but we just love to consume them all.

My sincerest apologies  :rolleyes:   :lol:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #224 on: August 09, 2014, 02:29:11 pm »
This thread is a cancerous growth
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net