Author Topic: H0w tO B3 G00d W1th FREE dOWNl0aD  (Read 6365 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: H0w tO B3 G00d W1th FREE dOWNl0aD
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2014, 10:46:14 pm »
+5
Honestly, the post was funny and we should be thanking him for reminding of us of such a blatant flaw in cRPG's system. It was clearly tongue-in-cheek and I think it's funny. Regardless, it's better that someone make a post like this and highlight it for all the forum to get upset about then continue to let people who use these types of things already get away with it scot-free.

Maybe now we can actually address the issue and have a server whitelist for mods put into place.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2014, 11:38:35 pm »
+1
all i can say is, this mod (crpg) is dieing, so who gives a fuck if people want to swing around neon swords.
let people modify their files, remove fog, color textures, transparent buildings, etc,.

the only protection this mod has from "cheating" is the ability to detect autoblock scripts. which is fucking pointless since its easy as hell to block anyway.
if the crpg dev team decide to "do something" about re-textures, etc.. thats great! i would love to see that happen, but realistically, its not going to happen.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2014, 12:23:10 am »
+2
After some playing, I think this really helps colorblinds. The others? Not so much. There are many things much, much more problematic with modded resources, such as transparent objects and bushes.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2014, 12:42:07 am »
After some playing, I think this really helps colorblinds. The others? Not so much. There are many things much, much more problematic with modded resources, such as transparent objects and bushes.
It really just depends on the individual playing with it. Some people's eyes cant handle it. Personally, my eyes don't get irritated or have any problems with seeing neon, actually, straining my eyes to see the enemy weapon in night battles irritates my eyes more than anything in the mod. (other than seeing arabic/german/samurai on horseback.)

On the skill-helping topic; there are a couple non-neon weapons you'll encounter in-game, and i seem to block / fight them the same as i do as the neon weapons.
I think the neon weapons have helped me learn to recognize the weapon animations quicker. No real advantage other than learning how to block better.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2014, 01:01:54 am »
By the way I'd personally change the red to something like light blue, as red is a little bit too close to the usual brownish backgrounds.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2014, 01:23:50 am »
I coloured my arrows blue a while ago to be able to find them easier, I don't see why colouring weapons draws so much hate. After all everybody can do it if they think it is so much of an advantage.

Immersion is a whole other story. For me immersion is already killed by the game being so unrealistic (Not complaining since it is not a simulator anyway) so coloured shit would not bother me much personally.

But I wanna get better not by making things easier, I wanna get better by taking on the challenge and eventually beating that one feinter that killed me 50 times in a row.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2014, 08:40:31 am »
did you steal this idea from my video lol.

I have it so that every melee weapon is coloured based on how good they are in battle(more red better, more yellow worse)

Makes it really easy to decide what groups to engage or not.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2014, 08:41:24 am »
The reach and ingame effects would be the same ofc, but imagine if you just had really simply and obvious 4 directions modded in, and could remove the visuals of your opponent looking up or down with their weapon to try and hide the animation. It feels like that would be possible.

I haven't tested it but i'm pretty sure you could add giant neon arrows to models, and make it so they become animated during weapon swings and appear in the direction of that swing to make blocking easy.

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2014, 08:52:21 am »
You are making everything worse man.  Just let it die if no one else is expressing interest in the topic.

Oh wait, you can see that your original post has like -36 votes.  I fell for the oldest troll trick The book!

this.

all i can say is, this mod (crpg) is dieing, so who gives a fuck if people want to swing around neon swords.
let people modify their files, remove fog, color textures, transparent buildings, etc,.

the only protection this mod has from "cheating" is the ability to detect autoblock scripts. which is fucking pointless since its easy as hell to block anyway.
if the crpg dev team decide to "do something" about re-textures, etc.. thats great! i would love to see that happen, but realistically, its not going to happen.

this mod dieing coz the guys like u make this mod some shithole....

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2014, 04:14:07 am »
bump for the newbies
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2014, 05:35:45 am »
+4
bump for the newbies
Life you need to move on and quit trying to kill the mod that you claim is already dead. As for any of you who sunk so low as to download this shit; you try to hard and take the game way to seriously, and should probably just uninstall cRPG altogether because you're the trash that plagues this community.
Anyone with forum powers that is reading this should honestly just take over Life's account,and release a "patch" for this disgusting mod that removes all textures making the weapons invisible and harder to block than ever before.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2014, 06:36:55 am »
Life you need to move on and quit trying to kill the mod that you claim is already dead. As for any of you who sunk so low as to download this shit; you try to hard and take the game way to seriously, and should probably just uninstall cRPG altogether because you're the trash that plagues this community.
Anyone with forum powers that is reading this should honestly just take over Life's account,and release a "patch" for this disgusting mod that removes all textures making the weapons invisible and harder to block than ever before.

Wasn't there someone that made textures that made all the weapons invisible so he had to completely rely on the character's body movement in order to determine which way to block?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2014, 09:51:17 am »
Are you afraid that people will actually see your weapon and be able to block it? Scared for your KDR when you can't get luck kills when people can't see which direction your sword is coming from? Do you fear that you will actually have to outskill someone to win?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2014, 11:44:46 am »
+1
Are you afraid that people will actually see your weapon and be able to block it? Scared for your KDR when you can't get luck kills when people can't see which direction your sword is coming from? Do you fear that you will actually have to outskill someone to win?

If someone needs to modify their textures to play better, consider them outskilled.

Its like admitting defeat.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2014, 03:53:16 pm »
If someone needs to modify their textures to play better, consider them outskilled.

Its like admitting defeat.
So if the best player of the mod downloads these textures, they're automatically "outskilled" by everyone? Cool logic, bro -- except it's not.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.