Author Topic: Question: flags  (Read 454 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Question: flags
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:19:57 pm »
Is it possible to have two spawnpoints for one team in a battle map whilst having only one for the other team?

Then I could make a map with a caravan 'valley' thats being ambushed from both sides?

Tho I guess with the ambushers having the terrain with them this could be imbalance, thus the "defending" team should have more players.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:24:08 pm by Joseph Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
Re: Question: flags
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:50:47 pm »
Custom gamemodes like that is quite an interesting idea, this sould be suggested to MELEE dev team. Doubt if would be possible with current cRPG stage.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Question: flags
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 06:56:17 pm »
Yeah, I got some idea's for maps but I figured the system would be very limiting. Just having the option to give each team their own amount of spawn points could result in so much more choice when it comes to map design.

Though it could work with the siege system, but in a "caravan raid" like map the map would be relatively small. Plus the siege timer would need to go, I could imagine strategus ticks to work though.

Though in this case the attackers would have the upper hand when it comes to spawn points. Possibly the attackers could get ((totalplayers/2)*1.1) and the defenders could get ((totalplayers/2)*1.4) amount of ticks.

The 1.1 and 1.4 would allow the first to die to respawn, favouring the defenders because of their initial spawn location penalty. Combined with a short round time this could result in interesting quick raids.

Random math and shit :D im not good at it

I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™