Author Topic: Why America is not the greatest country in the world  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
Re: Why America is not the greatest country in the world
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 11:27:39 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Be careful Molly, or USA will bring Fredom & Democracy to your country !

About the USA, they still have the world domination, even if their influence is decreasing slowly they wont for sure give up their first top place without doing anything to counter it.

Here an example of what is happening atm :
In order to counter the USA world economical influence/domination ($), the new emerging countries : Brasil, Russia, China, India, (and another one i forgot) decided to gather up. (Something pretty interesting, because those countries clearly share nothing except being new in international scene. (Some even have very bad relation between each-others.)

They are now speaking about economical agreement, and creating their own trading money in order to replace the Dollar.

Even if i think that we are still far from changing the roles, every years, Western Europe & USA are decreasing in influence. Meanwhile the emerging countries are growing in power.

So, i am currious to see what the Western countries will do to keep our privileges for us. :)
Wait & see. :)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 09:51:18 pm »
+2
Couldn't watch the video, but US power has been declining since the end of WWII where it had literally half the world's wealth, security unheard of before in history, virtual control of both oceans, every other competitor either destroyed or seriously damaged in the war.

WWII's subsequent destruction of Europe and much of Asia was a blessing for the US and brought it out of the depression. US production, already the world's largest, had doubled at the end of the war, and gave way to the 50s, the peak of US self-image. It took over most of the old British Empire possesions abroad, kicking France out of most of the rest, and devised a 'grand strategy' for what is called 'the grand area', basically world domination.

Though direct control is fading, there's still no serious contenders, China is a poor, backwards mostly rural country for a good time yet, and mostly an assembly plant for Western corporations. US power may be declining but still has the world's largest economy, by far the biggest army expenditure (always a main point of US power and exercised as such), and natural advantages that no other state or collection of states comes even close to.

Comparing the US to most other states is not entirely fair, of course, it's a collection of rather large states, in total sizing up to some of the biggest Asian countries, combined with mostly Anglo-European culture and levels of industrial and technological sophistication.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 10:02:46 pm »
+3
China has a very rocky road ahead of them if they are to become a serious player in world politics, they're growing but so far has been the easy part, they've yet to solve any of their real internal problems, and progress breeds more of those for a country like China...
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 01:04:47 am »
Be careful Molly, or USA will bring Fredom & Democracy to your country !

They tried in '45. Now guess if they made it or not.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 11:19:26 am »
+1
They tried in '45. Now guess if they made it or not.
But wait, you do not have oil/fuel... No oil no democracy !

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 02:49:30 pm »
Does it count if we import the oil? And our prices for oil are higher than anywhere (or one of the highest) so our oil is worth more. Isn't that reason enough for democracy?
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 08:01:32 pm »
The Republican-led House of Representatives voted Wednesday to sue President Barack Obama for allegedly overstepping his powers, a move swiftly denounced by his Democratic allies as a cynical election-year stunt.
By a party-line vote of 225 to 201, the House voted to resort to the unprecedented move of taking the president to court for not having stringently followed the letter of the law while implementing his signature "Obamacare" health care reform bill.
The measure, which would empower House Speaker John Boehner to start the legal proceedings, is meant to rein in a president besotted by power, the top House Republican said from the floor of the chamber.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/us-house-representatives-votes-sue-obama-010538897.html#CEUZUZU

i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 03:28:02 am »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 05:18:35 am »
+3
Every time Chosen1 posts something patriotic a bald eagle learns to fly.

Offline Fearvich

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: Feervich, Omeso, Fearvic, Vich.
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 05:28:13 am »
+1
lol @ China, Russia, and India being new on the scene.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 11:46:38 am »
Couldn't watch the video, but US power has been declining since the end of WWII where it had literally half the world's wealth, security unheard of before in history, virtual control of both oceans, every other competitor either destroyed or seriously damaged in the war.

WWII's subsequent destruction of Europe and much of Asia was a blessing for the US and brought it out of the depression. US production, already the world's largest, had doubled at the end of the war, and gave way to the 50s, the peak of US self-image. It took over most of the old British Empire possesions abroad, kicking France out of most of the rest, and devised a 'grand strategy' for what is called 'the grand area', basically world domination.

Though direct control is fading, there's still no serious contenders, China is a poor, backwards mostly rural country for a good time yet, and mostly an assembly plant for Western corporations. US power may be declining but still has the world's largest economy, by far the biggest army expenditure (always a main point of US power and exercised as such), and natural advantages that no other state or collection of states comes even close to.

Comparing the US to most other states is not entirely fair, of course, it's a collection of rather large states, in total sizing up to some of the biggest Asian countries, combined with mostly Anglo-European culture and levels of industrial and technological sophistication.

Well I'm grateful for that, at least only half the US is made up of jingoistic maniacs. Can't say the same about any of the BRICS. It's another 19th century in the making.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2237
  • Infamy: 2231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 05:28:19 pm »
The U.S. cannot allow EBOLA infected people back. People that go to far away places to help out are great-but must suffer the consequences!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

The U.S. must immediately stop all flights from EBOLA infected countries or the plague will start and spread inside our “borders.” Act fast!

The fact that we are taking the Ebola patients, while others from the area are fleeing to the United States, is absolutely CRAZY-Stupid pols

You are right about the Ebola patients. It’s a deadly virus, and they shouldn’t bring them to the US.”

Yes !! The government is bringing them back here so the outbreak can start here too !!”

He seems to be doing the right thing. He’s taking a stand for America and asking 4 some common sense about Ebola.”

Donald Trump Says American Ebola Patients Must Suffer Consequences

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 06:47:26 pm »
Greatest is a vague term but in terms of the slightly less vague term 'power', murica is on top, has been for a good while and will be for another good while.

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 07:43:39 pm »
+3
USA #1 fer sure!

That's just as true as this:

Just Like Thomas Jefferson was advocating for Freedom of Religion,  Religion here being synonym to any kind of Christianity some might include Judaism.
NOT "Freedom" from religion like being ATHEIST!

Oh and more thing for those atheists... it says god something on our moneys and you believe in money don't you? It says on the money that we trust in god!

And this cute evolution story... that's just some euro-elitist fairytale to make it harder for good christians to get nobel prize in biology, pricks!

We should create a proper american prize for real-young earth creationist evangelist(not those softy catholics!) and we're gonna call it the...

REAGAN PATRIOT PRIZE

I'm American in spirit but, not on paper, the opposite of that Barack Hussein Osama