Author Topic: Bring back pure STR builds  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back pure STR builds
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »
HP meatsacks are extremely annoying and I'm very grateful they are fewer and weaker. Balanced builds with IF and armor can still survive way too many hits but that's a different issue entirely.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »
Balanced builds with IF and armor can still survive way too many hits but that's a different issue entirely.

IF and armor is so cheaply obtained that balanced builds have easily 75% of the advantages of a strenght build, without the disadvantages.
If it was more strictly scaled to strenght, it would indirectly "bring back pure STR builds" in increasing the barrier to access good to extreme survivability (even though STR builds are still possible today, but I see the point of the OP title).

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:16 am »
+1
I think the best option would be to remove bonus HP from STR and IF (maybe reduce IF to +1 HP) and instead make IF the requirement skill for armors. The best armors would require 7 or 8 IF like the "best" horses now do (or did at some point). That also means really heavy armors would need to be objectively better than medium/high ones, unlike now.

Of course that's technically not possible, though.