Author Topic: Getting team killed why cant we just ban people who do this?  (Read 15641 times)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Getting team killed why cant we just ban people who do this?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 07:55:34 pm »
+8
Nothing more annoying than bring chased across the whole map by some HA who keeps shooting your horse, not even trying to go for the rider...

Tk is banable you can enjoy that right even though your class is a crime against humanity.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 08:21:12 pm »
+4
Its like rock, paper, scissors, and horse archers have their weaknesses too.

Really, so what's HA's weakness then? What class is a counter HA? Let me save you some time: only other horse ranged. You yourself point out the only reason you use the class is because you are fucking useless at everything else. Yet you are useful as HA. GEE I FUCKING WONDER WHY. Couldn't possibly be that's it's a broken fucking class with only advantages and no weaknesses. That's why it's classic to see HA/HX as the only people left alive on a team, and they used to draw out the clock down to the last possible second before flags popping up when a team went below 5 people left were thanfully implemented. Because they have no counter. The only barrier is how much an utter bundle of sticks troll the player is. If they really wanted to they could spend the entire round avoiding any sort of risk while still doing damage, and that's exactly what most do. Because to enjoy playing as HA in the first place you have to be an utter bundle of sticks troll.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 08:38:41 pm »
+1
All ranged ofcourse is no honor in medieval times. Knights are high rank, specially trained in combat for many years, they have lots of money to afford the best gear and armor so that peasants like you can't do anything to them. But then they invented crossbows which could one shot kill knights. But ofcourse that is just history and this crpg, which has no realism

This is more about the obvious tactical superiority of horse archers. What do you think the mongols conquered a huge chunk of eurasia with, malnourished peasants with xbows? It's just an advantage in every way. It'd be like making a game about aztec warfare and having a conquistador class, and the whining cunts playing that class crying that hey, they're not completely invulnerable.

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 10:49:03 pm »
+1
your class is a crime against humanity.

NOTHING TO SAY MORE  :mrgreen:

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 12:20:18 am »
Teamkill the teamkillers

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 01:33:24 am »
+3
Teamkill the teamkillers
leave kapikulu alone now!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Mokou

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 06:18:16 am »
+4
HA are people too.

Just the worst kind of them.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 07:49:52 am »
You should not condone hatecrime....

How can it be a hatecrime when there's no victim ?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 11:18:38 am »
+2
Kinda conflicted with this thread..the first post by a newbie gets downvoted to hell + insults all round. Well played

On the other hand we see here the general level of dissatisfaction with some aspecs of the gameplay present in cRPG. People simply do not like ranged with few downsides or counters. Unlimited kiting while shooting people is bad for balance..its frustrating, especially if it is someone with no game experience who is leapfrogging over all of the experience other people gained in order to play the game well. Its the same deal with other ranged in the game, especially when devs buff any inherent weaknesses in the class such as their melee performance. We end up with master of all trade builds with few downsides, and then bad game balance and frustrating gameplay

Its not to do with cav either. They are already very strong..they shouldn't have to be OP to balance the game. In terms of solutions for HA...I think your riding skill should be capped somehow when you put points into HA skill..limit the type of horses you can use, make them less accurate etc
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:21:46 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 11:22:15 am »
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 11:24:32 am »
But... we can?
http://forum.melee.org/banunban-requests/

What about that perkunas T-shirt pseudo-admin.....????? :rolleyes:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 11:33:42 am »
We got raz to say something ! Victory :)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 12:41:51 pm »
really?? thats your suggestion?

I say keep playing horse archer and learn to kill all those ''pros'' that got 100% block..kill all the agi wh*** with 198 wpf..and if they th or tk you just report them....
Dont even bother to ban them...most of those heroes that crying with 100% block are admins...wanna be heroes that cant even chamber..

Dont care about them.. Do your game and try to have fun

I have no idea what servers you play on, but on EU1, EU2, EU3, EU6, NA1 and NA2, NA3, NA6 and CHN1 I have never seen a single person who has a 100% block. (Yes, I do play on all these)

Of course some people are better at blocking than others. But do you know what helps? Practice. And do you know what does not help getting better at it? Playing Horse Archer.

You will never get OKish at blocking if you just shut your eyes and run away from the problem (of not being able to block)

Like I said, in the beginning it is quite frustrating to die against all these pros you have no chance against. I have played for one year, I would say that I am quite alright at blocking. Not awesome, not shit. There are many people I have no chance against. But when I meet them on Battle/Siege I do not run away from them because they are better than me.
The only thing that is good practice is doing what you are bad at, so eventually you get better.

Like I said, first playing DTV is really good practice to get the basic automatisms going. Obviously DTV is not as difficult as Battle or Siege blocking wise, but really great for beginners.

And I also said that there definitely are many people willing to jump on Duel to practice with him. I myself would be glad to do so. We all have been shit at some point, hell, some still are after playing for so long *cough* Kinngrimm *cough*

And the hate towards Urban_Viking will certainly not get less if he continues playing Horse Archer.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 12:52:36 pm »
+4
Switchtense, dude, you're talking to RasFrenzy...  :|

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 01:03:09 pm »
I remember a poll, where it was asked what should we do to balance crpg (buff 2h,nerf 2h, buff cav, etc) . The large majority (it was about 50+, when the other options were at 10) was "nerf ha/hx" and "nerf stab".

The problem with ha is that, there is no counter to them, they can dodge arrows more easily than archer on ground. ha should receive a penality in horse maneuver, the same way that they receive a penality in accuracy. So they would be more easy to target for ranged on the ground and more likely to do mistake and end up in an infantry.

Plus this is kind of accurate as it is hard to maneuver your horse when you're focusing on aiming with a bow or xbow.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"